Sens-Leafs

Don

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I want to see Ottawa lose...I love the playoff atmosphere. I lvoed going to Sens-Devils games at 4 and their was so much to do outside of the arena until then. I love the way the city is going nuts with everyone with a Sens flags and some houses going over the top with the decorations. As a matter of facttheir are lots off ans outside right now starting the party at the Corel Centre.

I really expect the Sens to win this series. THis is the one series I would LOVE to watch, but haven't been able to (ESPN sucks).

Why would ESPN want to show the most exciting games with the best hitting, major offensive stars, and incredible atmospheres when we can have Sharks vs. zzzzzzzzzzzzz....oh, sorry, nodded off there.

<JESTER>

As much as I want to see Ottawa lose...I love the playoff atmosphere. I lvoed going to Sens-Devils games at 4 and their was so much to do outside of the arena until then. I love the way the city is going nuts with everyone with a Sens flags and some houses going over the top with the decorations. As a matter of facttheir are lots off ans outside right now starting the party at the Corel Centre.

Why do you want Ottawa to lose? I know I'll be disowned here for saying it, but I ran into a friend on Monday afternoon who asked "If you could only have one thing tonight: an Ottawa win, or a Devils win, which would it be?". I couldn't answer. It was too tough of a choice. It kinda surprised me. I guess having a 12 game pack and all the pizza they won me this year, they've grown on me.

Now, before I'm completely disowned, look at the situation. If I said "A Sens win and a Devils loss", one of my teams would be up 2-1 and the other down 3-0. Which is better than having both teams down two games to one.

----------------------

But I think the other thing that has drawn me to the Sens is just the atmosphere in this city. Regular route buses playing the game on the radio. All the car flags. The house decorations. The signs in peoples offices. We celebrate the playoffs like other places celebrate Christmas.

Though I was disappointed walking to work this morning. In a 10 minute walk to work, I counted only 5 car flags and one of those was a Leafs flag. Versus us last year, down 3-1 in the series, every second car had a flag on it. Many people here even sound defeated already, like beating Belfour is mission impossible. If you can come back from 3-1 to tie a series against Brodeur/Stevens, you can come back from 2-1 vs Belfour/??? (do they HAVE a good defensive D?).

I read this article b4 that Leafs Jerseys are banned from the Corel Center...

is that true?

"Banned" is a little harsh.

If security or the ticket takers notice you wearing a Leafs jersey, you will be asked to make a donation to the food bank (either food or monetary). But if the person refuses, they will still be admitted. It's a fun thing.... a pseudo-tax on Leaf fans. :D

Yeah, and you have to admit, Don, that the Toronto org. turned that into a great idea and donated $5000 each to food banks in Toronto & Ottawa. And then Ottawa chickened out and said they give to other charities???? What's up with that - they started the darn thing! And there are so many Leafs fans at the Corel Center that they filled huge donation boxes at the last regular season game. Don't know if that's been the case in the playoffs.

GO LEAFS!!!

Should be a good game tonight!

Why why why do all 3 of the teams I most want to watch have to play at the same time???? :argh::argh::argh::argh:

I have an easy solution for you, become a Sabres fan exclusively and you wont have to worry about this time of year :rolleyes:

WOO-HOO!!!

At least one of my teams won tonight.

Nieuwy is out with a bad back. Again.

Nolan is still out.

And Sundin left with a "lower body injury".

Should make Game 5 back in T.O. all the more interesting. When I saw Alfredson's goal go in, I knew the floodgates were about to open... you could just sense that good things were coming...

I'm actually rooting for the Leafs.

The ONLY reason I hate the Leafs is because they are too arrogant and whine too much, never accept their faults, and always whine whine whine, either about how the other team played or the officiating. Ditto for their fans. :angry::angry::angry::puke:

Hell, I would even cheer for the Flyers against the Leafs. :saddevil:

Go Sens go!! :clap::dance::clap: