Sens-Leafs

Don

Because Sheeps is a smart sensible fan :evil: . JK... it's because he hates the Sens Euro's. I remember that from last year.

Lalime played a lot better tonight. Eddie was great but the Leafs gave the Sens too many chances. Hossa made them pay.

Sundin was pulled down according to the Leafs radio guy. Man, were they trashing Magoo. They hate him. According to the announcer, "Mick loves to be the center of attention." :lol:

They did call the game very tight. No Nieuwy :( . Hope Sundin comes back.

This series is probably going the distance.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The officiating wasn't that bad, actually... There were quite a lot of penalties called, yes, but there were as many hits too... :blink: The Leafs should get over it. Whenever they win, it was fair officiating. Whenever they lose, it was a biased officiating, and now since they're known to be whiners, they changed that to "tight officiating on both sides." :rolleyes:

It was a great game. Many shots taken, many chances. I don't think the Leafs gave them more chances to shoot at Belfour than they did in the last 3 games... :blink: Just that Belfour had 2 great games. Not that he's not good.. but let's get real. What did they expect, another shutout?!?

I'm an out-in-the-open Leafs fan. It's not an insult to me. :P

I hope Nieuwy's back is better in time for Game 5. Leafs need to win at home. There's no word on Sundin's ankle, or whether he'll be able to play. That'll hurt big time if their 1-2 centers are out.

Come on Leafs!

I'm no Leaf fan either... I'd just rather see the Sens be beat by the Leafs again (meaning Leaf fans can still make fun of them because they LOVE beating the Sens) then have the Leafs lose in the second round meaning we can still make fun of them.

All in all, I'm rooting for the ability to laugh at both teams. Having the Leafs beat the Sens will maximize the potential to laugh at both of them.

Joe's just faking to make the Devils feel better... you know he always felt a little guilty that he had his agent ignore Lou's calls. This way Lou can feel vindicated he wouldn't have helped us for these playoff either :P

that's not mean spirited...even though it sort of sounds it... well... it's bitter in a GOOD way! I'm jealous he wasn't here even! I'm coping with my feeling of rejection :P:lol:

Edited by Pepperkorn

PK, maybe he hurt his back getting his cell phone :lol:

man that would be karma :evil:

Just keep ignoring the truth, CRASHER. Believe whatever you want if it makes it easier to hate him for "rejecting" the Devils.

PK, maybe he hurt his back getting his cell phone  :lol:

man that would be karma  :evil:

Just keep ignoring the truth, CRASHER. Believe whatever you want if it makes it easier to hate him for "rejecting" the Devils.

hey I had to hear that his farts didn't stink for 18+ months, I'm sorta enjoying this :)

besides.. I can't remember the last time he finished the playoffs healthy now... was

it 2000 ???

So far . . . and it might even be 4 in a row. But you know what? He's gonna take that bad back, and those reconstructed knees, along with AT LEAST 3 Stanley Cups, a Conn Smythe and a Calder, and a great reputation as a leader, a player, a teammate, and - not least - a wonderful human being right into the Hockey Hall of Fame with him.

So you go ahead and bash him for having a less than stellar year here, and not re-signing with a team that didn't want him badly enough to make an offer. That's your right. But it's my right to defend him when you do.

;)

I only bash him for where he is, there's six uniforms that if you don no matter who

you are you become pond scum.... NY Rangers, Phily, Detroit, Colorado (I love Claude

but I ripped the numbers off the jersey the minute he went there), Anaheim (yes

because of last year :P ), and Toronto ... I'd assume most of the Joe-bashing is

more on WHERE he went not WHY

but I'm also the guy who'd disown my own son if he was drafted by the Rangers

(good thing I ain't got kids right ??)

I'd assume most of the Joe-bashing is more on WHERE he went not WHY

I can't root for Joe because he plays for TO. Period. But I didn't want him re-signed because I didn't think he'd had a very good year in NJ and didn't know what he had left in the tank. Quite frankly, I have no idea whether he just didn't like it here, was unhappy with the system, likes it better in TO or what. I'm NOT unhappy that Lou failed to re-sign him. I'm unhappy with the alternative Lou chose (Larionov).

As I've said before, even if Lou had made him an offer before TO, we have no idea what Joe would have done with it. As much as I respect him, there is every chance that offer could have been taken to TO and he could STILL be a Leaf today. Because, in the end, that could be the outcome that Joe wanted. So can we please move on???

0-0 after 1 period.

Fitzgerald just went into automatic pilot.

"Leafs only got 2 shots in the first period. How concerned are you about that?"

"Not too concerned .. we're doing a lot of things right and the offensive chances will come. It's not about what team gets the most shots, but who comes away with the two points."

I wasn't aware that they were keeping points anymore. :P

I think I'll agree with 7. This has got to be the worst playoffs ever.

Flyers (EYECH) leading over the Devils.

Leafs (double EYECH) leading over the Sens.

Colorado (EYECH) leading over Dallas.

Detroit (double EYECH) leading over Nashville.

go Leafs, Go Wings, Go Avs! 2 original six teams and the old Nords who play exciting hockey.

as for the Flyers, well I'm with you on that one

it hasn't been exciting yet, but at least Nashville No Way and the ultra boring Stars are almost gone. We won't have to put up with a Mighty Pukes/Wild WCF this year.

Edited by '7'

I think I agree too... Tonight's game was the worst game in the history of NHL. Wtf? No calls? Like... uhh??? Looks like the Leafs had the refs in their pockets... :blink: I'm not usually one to complain about ref'ing, but please, tonight's game was hilarious. Did anyone see how Roberts hit Chara at the end of the 3rd?

Argh... if the Devs lose tomorrow, I won't watch the rest of it.

Ohhhh and I just found out that for the first time in the playoffs, CBC will be showing the Devils game. Woooo!!! :clap:

Ahhh, all the goals Domi didn't score... Gotta thank Smolinski (it was him, no?).. :clap::dance:

Edited by Leafs_whine_2_much

Oh good lord... Leaf fans are running wild in the streets here. I think there will be a few assault arrests by the end of the night. A band of drunken blue and whites are marching down the street yelling "SENS SUCK!"

Both my teams could well be out in the first round. And it's a LONG, LONG way from football season. :( Maybe I'll take up basketweaving to pass the time.... :(