GDT: New Jersey @ Boston

Derlique

And if someone says kovalchuck would have made a difference you're out of your mind. The devils would have gotten blown the fvck out if he was on the ice. All the teams ahead of us have made moves to improve their club and we made the biggest mistake in franchise history by signing him.

You. Tall building. ASAP.

I'm too fvcking pissed to post anything comprising a coherent thought at the moment. Not getting at least a point out of this one really sticks in my craw.

Boston's the best team in the league, a much better team than the Devils. I would have been amazed with even one point. Yeah they dominated the third period, guess what - they can do that to most teams when they get their game going.

Geez, you guys are tougher than I am. They just played the two best teams in the league fairly well over the last three games, granted you don't want too many 1-2 stretches but at least they're finally starting to score some goals.

They need to get at least two of the last three on the trip to make something of a statement though. Finishing the trip 2-4 in their last six games really doesn't say much, finishing 3-3 given the five-game road trip and the caliber of opponent over these six games is more than I could have expected from this team.

Here comes the anti-Kovy bias. You'd be the first one screaming and yelling about how we're a better team without Kovy if we'd had won five in a row instead of going 3-2.

If you don't think we are a .500 team you are out of your mind. We don't suck but we are not that good either. And when you are not that good you will find yourself on the short end of any luck that comes along more times than not. When you are good, luck tends to follow

Boston's the best team in the league, a much better team than the Devils. I would have been amazed with even one point. Yeah they dominated the third period, guess what - they can do that to most teams when they get their game going.

They were last year. They are not this year but they are on a streak

Guys(Triumph, JasonMacIssac) in the chatroom hate me. awesome. You gotta keep a sense of humor about this boys. This team is not good and those thinking they'll come anywhere near the playoffs this year are going to have a hard reality check.

This season must be blowing up triumphs spreadsheets. These games are throwing his corsi/fenwick stats out the window.

The only thing saving this team is the SO, OT and PK.

FWIW, the NYR have had a stretch of really poor opponents. It's laughable they have had that many games in a row against teams like that. I said it before even the Devils would have won 5-6 in a row with that schedule.

Oh, and by the way, take a look at the defenseman contributing again tonight for the NYR. Jeff Woywitka and Steve Eminger now have more goals then Salvador, Greene, Volchenkov and Tallinder combined. Jeff Woywitka and Steve Eminger for christ sake!

And Sean Avery has as many goals as Ilya Kovalchuk.

Ugh....

Edited by SJP20

Perhaps all of you NJDEVS.com members didn't get the memo:

1. Push negativity and continue to rant how bad this team is - so that you either look like some sort of hockey prophet or don't let yourself up for disappointment.

2. Chime in with the club when the team scores victories against teams that don't deserve to beat like nothing else happened and join in the celebration.

You guys gotta come to the meetings more often.... :cheers:

This team kept pace with a healthy and hot Boston team minus:

A. Its two key centers

B. its 2cnd best LW,

C. A 19yr. old rookie logging top defense minutes

D. A 21 yr old rookie centering its "top" line

Its Nov. and we are hovering over .500 with these factors - what did you really expect?

Edited by DevilinLA

If you don't think we are a .500 team you are out of your mind. We don't suck but we are not that good either. And when you are not that good you will find yourself on the short end of any luck that comes along more times than not. When you are good, luck tends to follow

They were last year. They are not this year but they are on a streak

They're not the best team this year because they had a ten-game Stanley Cup hangover? They still have just about everyone from the Cup team other than Kaberle (who they upgraded to Corvo) and Recchi, and Seguin's emergence has more than made up for that.

Hey, I've been screaming and yelling about the Devils being a .500 team until they prove otherwise but tonight isn't the night to be ****ing and moaning about it. Believe me, I'll be back to sounding the alarms if they lose two of the last three or (gasp) all three, but the offense hasn't been completely hopeless the last few games and they've been fighting, two things that give me a little hope at least.

I'll give the Devils this much: We've only face like 2 scrub teams, but we've got guys out and that's scary. One season ending injury and you can pack it in. Plus DeBoer has incredibly weak practices. Like I said in chat, Deboer has like 15 minute practices and he brings several dozen donuts every time.

I realize that- that's why it would've been great to at least get 1, especially the way they battled back. Certain losses during the year eat at you more than others- this was a tough one to take.

1. Push negativity and continue to rant how bad this team is - so that you either look like some sort of hockey prophet or don't let yourself up for disappointment.

2. Chime in with the club when the team scores victories against teams that don't deserve to beat like nothing else happened and join in the celebration.

Well if this isn't the most damn accurate description of this board I've ever read..

[Typical negative yadayada]

Your posts in these GDT's are becoming more and more useless as the games go by.

Edited by Devilsfan118

You guys gotta come to the meetings more often.... :cheers:

This team kept pace with a healthy and hot Boston team minus:

A. Its two key centers

B. its 2cnd best LW,

C. A 19yr. old rookie logging top defense minutes

D. A 21 yr old rookie centering its "top" line

Its Nov. and we are hovering over .500 with these factors - what did you really expect?

Can't polish a turd, Devil

They're not the best team this year because they had a ten-game Stanley Cup hangover? They still have just about everyone from the Cup team other than Kaberle (who they upgraded to Corvo) and Recchi, and Seguin's emergence has more than made up for that.

Hey, I've been screaming and yelling about the Devils being a .500 team until they prove otherwise but tonight isn't the night to be ****ing and moaning about it. Believe me, I'll be back to sounding the alarms if they lose two of the last three or (gasp) all three, but the offense hasn't been completely hopeless the last few games and they've been fighting, two things that give me a little hope at least.

You also forgot they win because Thomas stood on his head the entire playoffs. They will go as far ad he does. They are very good and will be but I don't think they are the best.

That was one of the most exciting games I've seen in a long time. And it reminded me of why it always pissed me off to hear people bitch about the Devils being "boring" back in the day.

People don't wanna see exciting games. People wanna see their teams win.

Can't polish a turd, Devil

But you CAN stop watching.

I personally had no illusions that a team w/o its top center and relying on a rookie on Defense to glue the fort together was going to blaze through Oct./Nov/Dec.

When Zajac and JJ is back we will know what this team REALLY is.

Until then - if we can stay relevant to a playoff race until the actual team is iced in full health then anything can happen.

The positives are we now have another promising C in the fold in Henrique, a solid utility pick-up in Carter, and a line that has some chemistry with Elias-Syk-Zub.

Larsson also looks great for his age and experience level - people that were expecting him to be some sort of Lidstrom/Weber Frankenstein out of the gate were just living in a fantasy.

I'd like to see all these ALL-SO-SURE-SEASON-IS-OVER posters put their money where their mouth is and turn off the TV. Right now and prove a REAL point

This team - as it was iced tonight - has no business play NHL hockey --- but they did hold their own!

Talk to me in Jan. an we'll know what the 2011-2012 NJ DEVILS are.

You also forgot they win because Thomas stood on his head the entire playoffs. They will go as far ad he does. They are very good and will be but I don't think they are the best.

Not to diminish Thomas, who I do like, but Tuuka Rask had a 2 GAA two years ago with the same team as the main guy. It's the system and players around them as much as it is the goalies. Thomas had to be outstanding in the playoffs because the PP sucked to Devil-like proportions (it usually is much better than that) and plus Horton got taken out of the Finals before they won a game there.

this will sound really really harsh... seriously sorry but here it is

im not a big fan of suicides, but some of you folks should really consider it by the way everything is so wrong and negative to you... they will tell you that there's always a way out and that life is worth it... well thats a lie, yours really isnt based on your negative posts all day long.

I think you have to separate the "extremeists" from those with legit concerns and fears. You can't group those who look at this team objectively and see things that are of valid concern and group them in with the phuckinkillavery's of the world.

Actually, that also can read "Push positive and continue to rant how good this team is - so that you either look like some sort of hockey prophet and set yourself up for fulfillment"

It works both ways. You can't call out the people who do not think this team is any good and let the other faction off the hook if the team fails, either.

I, personally, see too many issues with this team even with a healthy Zajac, JJ and Kovalchuk to be more then a 7-8 seed. Their defense simply does not contibute offensively, the PP is beyond terrible and they still suffer from a lack of fundamentals at times (bad line changes for example). We're not even getting into anything else that may/could happen and you've got all that to consider.

But you CAN stop watching.

I personally had no illusions that a team w/o its top center and relying on a rookie on Defense to glue the fort together was going to blaze through Oct./Nov/Dec.

When Zajac and JJ is back we will know what this team REALLY is.

Until then - if we can stay relevant to a playoff race until the actual team is iced in full health then anything can happen.

The positives are we now have another promising C in the fold in Henrique, a solid utility pick-up in Carter, and a line that has some chemistry with Elias-Syk-Zub.

Larsson also looks great for his age and experience level - people that were expecting him to be some sort of Lidstrom/Weber Frankenstein out of the gate were just living in a fantasy.

I'd like to see all these ALL-SO-SURE-SEASON-IS-OVER posters put their money where their mouth is and turn off the TV. Right now and prove a REAL point

This team - as it was iced tonight - has no business play NHL hockey --- but they did hold their own!

Talk to me in Jan. an we'll know what the 2011-2012 NJ DEVILS are.

I don't have center ice this season and I really don't watch the Devils games when they're on. I pretty much just check in to see how bad they're losing.

wow. what a terrible game by NJ. Again, we out play a team for the first half of the game, but can't score goals. We need a 5 on 3 to score during this stretch. The third period though... has to be one of the worst periods played by NJ in a really long time (and I mean years). No one had their brain turned on in this period. Sure, the effort was there in terms of trying to compete, but it was just stupid decision after stupid decision. I really can't believe how everyone forgot how to play smart hockey. The devils looked like they were playing a pickup game.

The most staggering thing to me in this period was the lack of a coaching decision to take a time out during the 15 plus minutes of utter domination by the bruins. A timeout would have calmed down our team, taken some of the steam away from them, and would have been a chance to return the game to something that the devils could handle. Frankly, Boston deserves the two points for this part of the game alone.

This team should really be upset with the way they handled the cup champs over 60 minutes tonight. If we bring this mentality (or lack thereof) to the next 3 meetings, we will go 0-4 against Boston this year.

I know it sounds like I am ranting, and upset, but really I am just trying to make two points:

1. Devils played dumb hockey in the third.

2. DeBoer should have taken a timeout while we were being utterly dominated.

I think that's uncalled for.

+1

no need for that.

EDIT: Bah, I just saw in a TG article that the devils didnt have their timeout. the MSG broadcast got it wrong when they said the Bruins took the timeout in the second (big surprise there!). So scratch off #2 on that list. Still, dumb hockey = you deserve to lose.

Edited by elias2600