Islanders Third Jersey Announced

Quinn01

313555_10150946084540263_76152820262_21753726_12350572_n.jpg

The Islanders brand new Team Store at Nassau Coliseum was packed on Wednesday night as the organization held an exclusive event to unveil the team’s new third jersey. Mostly black, the jersey has a whole new style, but still carries through with tradition, keeping the orange, blue and white.

“They’re simple, but sharp,” Islanders forward Matt Moulson said of the jersey. “They’re creative. I think that’s what makes them so cool.”

John Tavares said of the jersey: “I always like to judge them during the game, when you see it in action. I think the black is a cool look and I think it definitely gives a good kind of feel. It’s got a little bit of design, but a little bit of the traditional. We’ll see how it matches, but my first impression is that I like it.”

Islanders.com

Sticking with the classic look. Not bad but not what I would put as far as the black with the Islanders.

I also loved how they couldnt even get the players together to get a shot of the new jerseys they had to clearly photoshop their heads on the jerseys with the "cartoonish" legs.

Edited by Quinn01

Don't like'm. They almost look like one of those generic blank roller hockey jerseys you would see in a catalog and the 'customer' was given the option to put their team name across the front in standard college block letters. I just can't get into this 'arched name' and number across the front that some teams have been trying lately.

And do these teams not want to hire designers to come up with logos anymore? Even a fancy wordmark like on the Minnesota 3rd jersey would be cool. This is just so generic.

lol ok they aren't THAT bad. the colors are similar to the knicks, but i really dont see anything wrong with them.

i feel like most of you guys are hatin on the jerseys just because its the islanders lol

Nah I just find them boring and unoriginal, and the gray on the shoulders looks weird to me. Also blue and orange isn't a horrible color scheme, but throwing black into the mix makes it ugly in my opinion. Also I'm not a fan of the team name spelled out and the number on the front. As hasunow mentioned, it looks like something a men's league team would pick out of a catalog.

Edited by devilsfan26

Louuuuuuuuuuu

Things to do when he eventually retires:

1. Allow players to have whatever number they want instead of forcing a system - who cares what number they have? Besides, Mogilny, Gilmour, Richer, all broke the rules anyway...

2. 3rd Jersey - and nothing slapped together like the Phailures - no different color nameplate that's just ugly, A black one with red shoulders might suffice. as far as a logo - maybe an actual Devil would be sweet, but would have to be done right. Maybe original logo patches on the shoulders, idk.

3. this would probably be controversial, seeing as how there's a 'workmanlike' attitude going on the Devils and this would seem to make it appear 'unprofessional' but, let them grow facial hair if they want, not just during the playoffs...it's like who cares as long as they don't turn into a dirtball like Hartnell...

Whether it happens or not, I don't personally care, but it would be nice to see things a little more relaxed when they take away his iron fist

Even though they may go Futurama one day and put Lou's head in a jar on a robot body :lol: he'll rule forever!

• Like 1

lol they are not that bad. i seriously feel like the majority of you guys would've said they "suck ass" no matter what they look like. just be real, thats all im askin. those jersey's are not that bad

Those jerseys are terrible. I don't care who is wearing them. They look like the bastard child of a Knicks/Mets jersey (both teams dropped black, BTW).

What really kills it is the "ISLANDERS" crest. Take that off and put the primary logo on it and it might be tolerable.