What would you Give up to get Jeff Carter?

Derlique

besides the proposition slaughters out prospect pool.

It's offset by advancing your current roster pool so you won't have the need in the near-term for the prospects your trade (ie Henrique).

:unsure: you know... I ought to see that movie.

my mother said I look like Jim Carey... I'm still not sure how I feel about that....

Who's the deadman that hit me with a salt shaker?

:unsure: you know... I ought to see that movie.

my mother said I look like Jim Carey... I'm still not sure how I feel about that....

Wait....you mean to tell me you have never seen Dumb and Dumber?!

Who's the deadman that hit me with a salt shaker?

Hey guys! Woah big gulps huh?.....Alright....Welp see ya later!

Adam Henrique is not going anywhere. He looks like a cross-breed of Gionta/Parise/with a sprinkle of Gomez in there. He's impressed me from the minute he played Boston last year.

Volchenkov/Tedenby/and future condiderations for Carter.

Adam Henrique is not going anywhere. He looks like a cross-breed of Gionta/Parise/with a sprinkle of Gomez in there. He's impressed me from the minute he played Boston last year.

volchenkov has a NTC. i can guarantee you he won't waive it for columbus.

Absolutely. That movie is riddled with great quotes that can be used in real life situations. Its gotten me through many hard nights.

The entire movie is quotable almost line by line up until they hit Aspen... where it gets a bit spotty with the one liners.

It's ok! I'm a Limo Driver!!!

The funny thing about trades... the other side wants to feel like they won too. We lose Henrique, get Carter.... and we still have Zajac and Jossefson when they come back from injury.

Again, I'm only proposing what I think would be a reasonable offer for both sides talent wise. I don't want to introduce a potential cancer to this team right now... as an outsider, I don't see the lockerroom strong enough (compared to say a veteran laden team with Stevens and Dano keeping you in line)

Edited by aylbert

What would I give up? Not nearly what Columbus would be asking for. Which would likely be Zajac, Josfeson/Henrique/Merrill, and a 1st.

If Columbus traded the farm for Carter, why on earth would they accept a return that's just a salary swap? The Blue Jackets would want to be a better team after the trade, not another one lobbying for the 1st overall pick for the next three seasons.

What would I give up? Not nearly what Columbus would be asking for. Which would likely be Zajac, Josfeson/Henrique/Merrill, and a 1st.

If Columbus traded the farm for Carter, why on earth would they accept a return that's just a salary swap? The Blue Jackets would want to be a better team after the trade, not another one lobbying for the 1st overall pick for the next three seasons.

They didnt trade the 'farm' for Carter. Voracek was largely underachieving there and they still have Ryan Johansen, David Savard and Boone Jenner. So pretty much they gave up a struggling prospect and a 1st for Jeff Carter. Carter, a guy who is a perennial 30 + goal scorer.

It appears that he wants out so they arent going to get the same value that they gave up for him