Parise wants a Stanley Cup and has to decide if it will be with NJ

Rock

Free agent to be Zach Parise wants a Stanley Cup and has to decide if it will be with Devils

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2011/11/free_agent_to_be_zach_parise_w.html

“When you’re here for seven years and have never been past the second round, you realize it’s going by quick,” he said. “You see how hard it is. There are 29 teams every year that are disappointed, so it’s not easy. You’ve got to get lucky, you have to have a great team and you have to have a healthy team and avoid injuries at key times. A lot of things have to fall into place.”

“Some players want to go and get the most money they can, which is fine,” Parise said. “Do whatever you want. Then you have a lot of players who want to be somewhere where you’re going to have the best chance to win.

“I think any player in the situation I’m in has to look at everything. For me, most importantly you look at the team. You look at the area you live in. You look at everything from top to bottom because it’s hopefully where you’re going to spend the rest of your career. So you have to be sure you do your research on everything and make sure it’s somewhere you want to be and where you are comfortable.”

I know they got in quite an upswing last year but man does missing the playoffs for a season really hurt. For how many years did free agents come to NJ after the trade deadline because we're always competing because we always have a chance for the cup in the playoffs. I know it's only one year but I feel if Zach leaves that season really hurt the team in the long-term.

Will it suck if Zach leaves? Yes.

Will the Devs be perrenial losers because of Zach Parise depature? No.

Will the Devils be perrenial losers in general? Who knows.

If we don't sign Zach but have the budget (dollars to spend, not cap space); we can replace his stats - not heart. Maybe with Kovy-Zajac-Semin?

But yea... I want Parise to stay and think the stanley cup talk is just fear mongering. If he wants to sign a Stanley Cup, he'd have to follow a Marian Hossa type path of contracts which is beyond risky.

Where? Are you reading something else different then the rest of us are? It's a realistic article with realistic and honest quotes from Parise.

Seeing a lot of other outlets for this topic. All they wanted to talk about the other night on Versus during the pre-game was how they're certain we're going to lose him no matter what end of the season. It's like the only hot topic about the Devils anyone wants to spend time on, besides Henrique's 15 mins of fame lately.

I am a fairly new devils fan and the reason I started liking the devils and hockey was watching Zach play on tv he is an amazing player. If he leaves the devils alotof people will be devastated. He wants a cup and thats understandable and to be honest I think if he stays the devils will win a cup soon. So what we missed the playoffs last year. Sh!t happens. With him back and seeing the way we are playing now were deffinetly an under rated team. But we are doing great. Just wait till Zajac gets back. Him and parise together will be amazing look at the yankees in 2008 they missed the playoffs for the first time in like 13years then in 2009 the win the world series. It could happen to the devils you never know but parise needs to stay with us to find out. Yeah he could do what Hossa did but I don't think that would be the same as leading Your team to winning the cup as apposed to going from team to team looking for a winner. Parise wants to lead a team to the cup so he should stay in jersey

Interesting.

Nothing all that insightful except when you think about Elias and what he took on when he re-signed. Elias's faith in this organization and himself is pretty awesome and bearing fruit for certain now! I understood what Nieds was escaping from and I knew when he chose that path the bastard would succeed <_< But I also knew he knew he wasn't up to the task here. It's a lot of pressure to stay. When you leave you get to justify your poor choice and say as Holik does "not MY fault, that new team I signed with misrepresented themselves."

Parise... sigh sigh sigh. Nothing is clear enough for him to make a solid decision.

I'm not ragging on him or condescending -- but the fact is Niedermayer, Holik - they had the knowledge it takes to leave with confidence. Nieds had the brains and skill to lead the team he chose in a specific direction. He read the situation correctly. Holik had that same kind of knowledge. He knew what it took to win, but he doesn't have the communication skills to make it happen. He's polarizing and ultimately to the complete moron (which most organizations are run by) uninformative. He points the finger when asked how to implement effectively. Dat's your job - I tole you what you need to do... if you doo dat, dat's up to you. I can sleep at night eeder way." Where Neids, he knew The Duck management would understand and do what he asked. He got to interview for the job long before July 1st, thanks to his brother. Without that I'm not sure he'd have been confident enough to walk. So it's not so much be with his brother, as it was the information his brother was able to provide - an opportunity that was completely clear with no hidden agendas to worry about. And Zach's dad doesn't have that same thing - it's all second hand, colored by past relationships and now completely out of context.

I know Zach can sense he's in the right place but there is nothing to prove it by managment. and what sucks is he doesn't have that knowledge to go it alone yet either.

You don't want to waste time but you dont want to start at square one either... Wings...?? Flyers Rangers --- they're just all wrong right now... Bruins .. again -- all wrong. it's a fvckin crap shoot. Devils: you know have that solid something in the organization -- but if you're here, and you can't get to it... :noclue: WTF?

I do get the feeling he's leaning towards "anywhere but here" - not in a mean way but just in a need for growth way. I woudn't sign a big contract wherever I signed were I him --- IF he's telling the truth that is. But WHERE is the question. I see no sure thing no even probably thing is the whole problem. I trust none of these a$$holes.

I'm taking the money -- it's the only sure thing you've got :evil:

I think it's all a crap shoot and we won't know till the playoffs are over. I do think a extended playoff run would work in our favor (assuming money isn't the issue) as we would fit the bill as a team going somewhere with some young talent. We miss the playoffs or exit in the 1rst round and I have to think he would be looking around with wanderlust.

I think it's all a crap shoot and we won't know till the playoffs are over. I do think a extended playoff run would work in our favor (assuming money isn't the issue) as we would fit the bill as a team going somewhere with some young talent. We miss the playoffs or exit in the 1rst round and I have to think he would be looking around with wanderlust.

But he can see the talent now. Whether or not the Devils make or miss the playoffs has little bearing on the next 5 to 10 years, if that's the kind of contract we're talking about. But there's Josefson, Tedenby, Larsson, Henrique, etc. around - it's clearly not a franchise that's going nowhere.

He means one of the surest ways to field a great team is to draft in the top 5 for a few seasons in a row and make those picks be good ones.

Oooooooo buti think we have a good team now we just have to keep them together because like the only person we have signed till after 2013 is kovi

With Josefson, Tedenby, Henrique, Larsson, Urbom, Merrill, and others, he has to see there's a future here.

Really? It's debatable. You can never tell. Look at Long Island ... a good future never comes to fruition.

I do agree with the comment that when a player like Parise signs, the team that gets him has Stanley Cup aspirations ... he'll be paid handsomely to help make a team a contender.

I get the feeling that Parise would love the excitement of getting a new start somehere else.