I don't want hear anything

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

guys you cannot ask for more out of your team. They played hard and with pure heart. Everyone played well and does not deserve to be slamed (except maybe one or two guys). Esche was just incredible, and the devils couldn't finish, it wasn't a lack of effort at the very least. I love rooting for this team, and I hope they pull it off.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

guys you cannot ask for more out of your team. They played hard and with pure heart. Everyone played well and does not deserve to be slamed (except maybe one or two guys). Esche was just incredible, and the devils couldn't finish, it wasn't a lack of effort at the very least. I love rooting for this team, and I hope they pull it off.

Agree!

Esche was just incredible, and the devils couldn't finish, it wasn't a lack of effort at the very least. I love rooting for this team, and I hope they pull it off.

Why do we have a better playoff record against GOOD goalies than we do against AVERAGE goalies?

the last five mins of the second on they sucked. They ran out of gas. The reason we were successful last year is because we had all our lines scoring goals. This year you can't prove to me that Madden, Langenbrunner or Friesen are even in the lineup - they are asvisible as Stevens out there.

As for asking more of my team? I do not think ONE FREAKING GOAL is too much to ask...

hells yeah

if you saw the game you'd know, the devils played their asses off, 3-0, it could have easily been a 4-1 win for the devils. You cannot ask for more from them, they palyed as hard as they could.

They played better last game. The hitting, winning the physical battles didnt happen tonight. For the most part the Flyers big men had their way in our zone once they got there. They flyboys instigated contact, and we never went back at em.

How many goals has the defense allowed so far? 3 + 3 + 2 + 3 = 11

See, they allowed 3 goals in games 1, 2 and 4. So if they played great in game 4, and played not so well (or horrible?) in game 1, what's the difference then? Are we to conclude that it makes no difference whether or not they play good or bad? Playing great is not only about creating chances for scoring. It's about translating those chances into goals, something the Devils obviously failed to do in this game.

Maybe we're just not good enough? The Devils played hard, and were sharp, but just didn't have enough. My point is that they played a great game, but sometimes that just isn't enough. I'd take this year's postseason performance over the years past, where we just rolled over and died against inferior teams like pitt or carolina anyday.

Obviously but at this point in time--each game and in the playoffs--everyone has to step it up. The team is not Marty (most of the time :P ) and one player cannot be blamed for the lack of effort by the whole.

I don't think we're blaming any one player here (although there are many who are blaming Friesen). In fact, I'm against that whole concept of put-the-blame-on-one-person-he-was-the-reason-we-lost... but Marty could do better than this.

In fact, the entire team might be putting in a huge effort individually, but the important thing is to have a working team effort, something the Devils seem to be failing at... :unsure:

Like I said, playing a great game is not enough at any given time. Definitely not in the playoffs. The point is to score. And if you can't, eventually the other team will score, because obviously you can't hold on forever.. :blink: