Devils Mini Banners

trailblazer

Yeah those division banners are ridiculously rare, but now I'm thinking maybe ill just collect the SCC banners.. Probably a bit cheaper and little less stressful, (although finding the '95 will be neither)

I have a couple extra 03 banners and I used to have an extra 95 banner before I sold it. Let me know if you are looking for the 2003 one.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have all of the stanley cup banners and the 3 jersey banners.  I still need 97 division and 88 Patrick banners.  Are there any others besides those 8?

Looking forward to the day when we will get a #26 and #30 jersey banner

with your other question, I was at the opening 03-04 game and the 3 retirement games so i got those as SGA's.  About 7 years ago I got 95 and 2000 Stanley cup banners on e-bay.  I can't remember the price anymore, probably somewhere in the $30 to $50 range.

Anyone else collecting all the mini banners the Devils have given away at games over the years?
Banners I have are 1995, 2000 and 2003 Stanley Cup
Both Stevens and Daneyko retirement banners.

I was missing a few and had to go to ebay to get them.
I was very suprised how hard they were to find and how expensive they were on ebay.
I wasn't at the Daneyko game so bought that on ebay.
Wanted to make sure I have them all for when Niedermayer night (I hope Devils are giving away a banner).

Nothing major, I was just curious if anyone else had a hard time finding these things and what the current prices were.

I have all of the stanley cup banners and the 3 jersey banners.  I still need 97 division and 88 Patrick banners.  Are there any others besides those 8?

Looking forward to the day when we will get a #26 and #30 jersey banner

with your other question, I was at the opening 03-04 game and the 3 retirement games so i got those as SGA's.  About 7 years ago I got 95 and 2000 Stanley cup banners on e-bay.  I can't remember the price anymore, probably somewhere in the $30 to $50 range.

Nope that's it in terms of banners that were given away as SGA's.  Rest are just retail ones sold in stores.

The 88 Patrick Division banner pops up on ebay here and there and I have seen that sell for anywhere between $50-150.  The 97 banner is almost impossible to get and I was checking ebay and other sources for close to a year before I got my hands on one.  At one point I wasn't sure it was even a SGA but it looks like it is and possibly only given to Golden Circle STH's, but I cannot confirm that fact.

Yeah I'm also still looking for '88 and '97 although for me, I care more about the SCC banners which I was able to collect in about 3 weeks on eBay.. Got really lucky with my '95 banner as it was still in the original wrapper.. My 2000 banner is kinda crappy, the seller lied a bit saying it had just been unwrapped when really it has discoloring and pin holes in it but from about 5 feet away it looks great, so I'm keeping my eyes peeled for a better one

I think I've seen the 97 one twice.  I bid on it about 7 years ago and it was very low, I was the only bidder for almost a week, and it sky rocketed in the final hours.  I can't remember what happened the other time I saw it (probably started too high).  I do think it's an sga too.  definitely wish I had those 2, but I'm glad I have the main 6 and I'm going to continue to go to any Stanley cup banner or retirement night.

Nope that's it in terms of banners that were given away as SGA's.  Rest are just retail ones sold in stores.

The 88 Patrick Division banner pops up on ebay here and there and I have seen that sell for anywhere between $50-150.  The 97 banner is almost impossible to get and I was checking ebay and other sources for close to a year before I got my hands on one.  At one point I wasn't sure it was even a SGA but it looks like it is and possibly only given to Golden Circle STH's, but I cannot confirm that fact.

Alright which one of you guys just took advantage of me on eBay?

No way in hell this thread gets brought back the same day an '88 banner and '97 banner go up on eBay

I bit the bullet hard and sure I probably overpaid a bit but these don't come around every day.. At least now the collection is complete, look for these again on eBay in 60 years when my kids are selling off my stuff lol

No way in hell this thread gets brought back the same day an '88 banner and '97 banner go up on eBay

I bit the bullet hard and sure I probably overpaid a bit but these don't come around every day.. At least now the collection is complete, look for these again on eBay in 60 years when my kids are selling off my stuff lol

Lol I had nothing to do with it and you really found the 97 banner too?

Lol I had nothing to do with it and you really found the 97 banner too?

Lol some dude in Toms River put them up in addition to a bunch of '95 banners and the 2000 2003 banners.. I went with Buy It Now for $100 a piece but they are so rare nowadays that I decided it was worth it.. I've made a killing reselling tix to Devils v Rangers games this season so that covered it

Here are the pics.. The '88 looks a little beat but I mean any '88 you find is going to be 25 years old so can't expect much.. Should be alright after I leave a couple textbooks and some weights on it

ve3u4ame.jpg

enaba4a2.jpg

Edited by Colin226

Nice!

Yeah I'll admit I paid less for mine but I was lucky as these things cost a pretty penny. My 88 banner is pretty beat and I think you got a nicer one than mine lol

Lol it happens I mean my outlook was that every one that gets sold is probably going into a collection and if I missed out last second in a bidding war I'd probably never forgive myself lol.. I'll post back when they come in

Lol it happens I mean my outlook was that every one that gets sold is probably going into a collection and if I missed out last second in a bidding war I'd probably never forgive myself lol.. I'll post back when they come in

That's awesome!! I just bought the 95, 00, and 03 from that same guy. Too bad you saw those other ones first!

That's awesome!! I just bought the 95, 00, and 03 from that same guy. Too bad you saw those other ones first!

I've been checking eBay religiously for a while lol (ever since Devsman got that '97 banner I had my eye on lol).. Congrats on your purchases though! That guy must be so pissed that he put up all of these banners and they sold within 24 hours.. I'll be honest, the banners I got were probably up for 5 mins before I saw them and rushed to buy.. I didn't even look at photos until after buying (which, for all you kids at home, was stupid) Edited by Colin226

I've been checking eBay religiously for a while lol (ever since Devsman got that '97 banner I had my eye on lol).. Congrats on your purchases though! That guy must be so pissed that he put up all of these banners and they sold within 24 hours.. I'll be honest, the banners I got were probably up for 5 mins before I saw them and rushed to buy.. I didn't even look at photos until after buying (which, for all you kids at home, was stupid)

BTW was the seller aikman8star?  He is quite notorious for buying somewhat hard to find Devils stuff from other collectors and demanding really cheap prices and then throws them up on ebay for ridiculously high prices.  I rarely believe any of his stories he writes in his descriptions.

Edit: Yup I see from your pic it was him.  Thatg guy right before and after Niedermayer night started putting banners up at such ridiculous prices.  What made it worse is that I saw him put up the 95 banner and in each description he said it was "his absolutely last one" and yet he sold no less than 3 of them in about a month span and each one was "his last one."

Edited by DevsMan84

BTW was the seller aikman8star? He is quite notorious for buying somewhat hard to find Devils stuff from other collectors and demanding really cheap prices and then throws them up on ebay for ridiculously high prices. I rarely believe any of his stories he writes in his descriptions.

Edit: Yup I see from your pic it was him. Thatg guy right before and after Niedermayer night started putting banners up at such ridiculous prices. What made it worse is that I saw him put up the 95 banner and in each description he said it was "his absolutely last one" and yet he sold no less than 3 of them in about a month span and each one was "his last one."

Yup he said that was his last.. I guess we will see though.. Sounds like a great fan :P Edited by Colin226

Yup he said that was his last.. I guess we will see though.. Sounds like a great fan :P

Since those are pretty rare he might be right in that respect.  But that guy sure has a talent to trump his other stuff up like there is no other like it on Earth when they are in fact way overpriced and not that hard to find.

Since those are pretty rare he might be right in that respect.  But that guy sure has a talent to trump his other stuff up like there is no other like it on Earth when they are in fact way overpriced and not that hard to find.

I hear you but I will say he gave me a fair price for all 3 banners. He had them all up separately and I asked for the price for all 3 and he gave them to me for less than his buy it now prices and based on the ones that sold I got it for the same range. I got them today and they're already hanging in my Devils room!

I was just wondering what the 95 go's for...I had 4 seats back then so I have 4 banners put away.None of my stuff from back then has been touched.I have boxes and boxes of stuff but have no Idea what it worth.Nothing will ever be worth more then being there live and in person to see them whip the Red Wings a$$es and win the cup....Priceless.

I was just wondering what the 95 go's for...I had 4 seats back then so I have 4 banners put away.None of my stuff from back then has been touched.I have boxes and boxes of stuff but have no Idea what it worth.Nothing will ever be worth more then being there live and in person to see them whip the Red Wings a$$es and win the cup....Priceless.

One just sold on march 1 for $100 plus shipping.

Usually $75-125

If you find the 87-88 and 96-97 banners I'll gladly buy them!

Got my banners.. Great condition and I'm pumped to have finished the collection (although I'm still looking for a better 2000 banner, but those pop up weekly on eBay)

Anyone know a good way to store these for a while? I'm at least a decade from my Devils man cave and don't want them to get damaged