GDT: Devils @ Colorado

puckrock

If you take away OT/SO wins and loses and count them as ties we are 6 wins 10 losses 7 ties

Well you don't really take away the OT win, there was OT back when there were ties. So their 'real hockey' record is more like 7-10-6, which is bad enough.

So much for the team getting on a roll when the schedule got weaker...or the Rangers collapsing when their schedule got stronger :P But let people bring out the CORSI/Fenwick/Strength of schedule arguments to tell me how the Devils are going to win nine of ten :lol:

Edited by NJDevs4978

I'm envious of the Leafs, they somehow came up with a terrific offense from what was an absolute wasteland, guys like Lupul and Bozak have come out of nowhere to be among their better players. While we can't buy an even NHL-caliber offense with our glut of LW 'stars' :P

What they did is a sham and will be exposed as the season wears on. Toronto will finish below New Jersey.

our big problem is positioning

positioning when we need to get the puck out... the guy with the puck can only give it back and we getting jammed behind our net most of the time... no option for a pass up front in the middle

positioning on our breakouts... the puck carrier is entering the zone and the other forward are seriously just skating behind defenders where theres no passing lane at all

we should try to have our shooter shooting from center instead of the point... too often we fvck up and the middle is wide open for their player for breakaways

i really think Oates should go... Lou has to do any kind of move to show that he's not gonna let the situation rot any longer like last year

we have Zach to prove that we're serious, we have any investors or rich bastard to somehow throw money at us, and we need to make the playoffs so we can't let it slip any longer

zubrus for zach X2

or what about

teddy clarkson parise

kovulchuk henrique zubrus

carter elias sykora

when zajac comes back clarkson for carter

just wanted to try some lines out

and maybe a bottle of zubrowka cause its gonna be a short season

Edited by lazer

And in a stunning development, Kovy scored our only goal so far.

Seriously, you and unknown poster and the rest of the idiots who hate "kovalchoke" should go jump off a very tall building. Do us all a favor. Make sure you burn ken's pile of jerseys first too.

I don't hate him moron. I never said I did. Read some of my recent posts and you'll see that I keep hoping he pulls it together. But yes, I am both disappointed and frustrated with his overall performance as a Devil, and I'm also concerned that he's looking more lost without Lemaire by the game. I've already pointed out the reasons why in other threads. Wow, he scored a goal...great, he now has a whopping five of them for the season. Awesome stuff. Guess no one's allowed to criticize a player who was supposed to make a difference here, but clearly hasn't.

As for the game...as bad as that was, and it WAS as bad as it gets, the Devils are the kind of team that can lose as ugly as it gets when they're not firing...there are nights where they can look like the worst team in the league, a de facto expansion team. The good news is that they really haven't had TOO many fugly games like this, and early on they've at least managed to avoid the prolonged slides that feel like they can happen at any time, so instead of pointing out the zillion wrongs that several players were responsible for, I'm just going to move on from this one.

Except for almost single handedly pushing us into the playoffs last year.

So he gets a complete pass on his invisible first half that season?

Don't blow that up to be more than it was. It was not that close. Devils never pulled more than six points within the last spot. It was a great run, fun to watch for sure, gave us all reason to dream a little. And other players found their games as well...even Rolston was pretty good for a while during that second half. Kovy was a key contributor, no argument, but it was NOT a solo effort on his part. The team as a whole played much better, from the goaltending on out.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976