GDT: Devils @ Colorado

puckrock

I hate to say it but it feels like we need to let one of these guys go...Kovy or Zach...We need more balance and chemistry on the team or else we are going to be looking at another high draft pick.

We need to separate them, and we need Travis back, and we need a real good defense man (or 2), and I'm not sure Debo is the right coach for this team....they're not responding to him...we're playing like we did under JMac. And after every game they say the same things "we werent ready for them for some reason", "we cant turn the puck over like we've been doin", "we have to play 60 minutes of hockey...not 20"

Coach needs to make some line changes and Lou needs to shake up this team. If he can't make a trade then he should promote from within. Making a trade is never easy this time of the year.

Call up Zharkov, sign Bernier to an NHL deal, scratch Boulton, send Janssen to Albany.

Honestly, Boulton and Janssen are wastes. Having them on the same line is even worse. Sestito is NOT an NHL player... we have the worst fourth line in the NHL.

Zharkov will add speed, penalty killing ability (which is not really what we need but still) and some offensive capability.

Bernier has 6 pts in 12 games in Albany and it couldn't hurt to try. He's still young, a bigger body, and has offensive capability.

The dead weight has to go. Sestito, Pelley, Fraser, Boulton Janssen. Let's give some new guys a try. You will all think I'm nuts but I don't care.

Also, Zubrus/Elias/Sykora have a combined two goals in four games, Parise has 1 in 12, Kovy is struggling, Tedenby has ZERO, and Clarkson has cooled off.

Parise-Elias-Sykora

Kovalchuk-Henrique-Zubrus

Tedenby-Carter-Clarkson

Zharkov-Zalewski-Bernier

Zalewski has 11 pts in 20 games. It couldn't hurt to give him a try. Lou is trying Sestito (3 pts in 12 games), Mills who was not good, and Pelley... It's not going to work.

For defense, Fraser needs to go. Call Urbom back up.

Fayne is given a free pass but has had 6 pts in 23 games. He can take a seat as well. If Greene is going to be out for a few games, Urbom should be given a shot.

These are all things Lou can try without having to make a trade... I'd even welcome a trade with Winnipeg to get Oduya back at this point.

Coach needs to make some line changes and Lou needs to shake up this team. If he can't make a trade then he should promote from within. Making a trade is never easy this time of the year.

Call up Zharkov, sign Bernier to an NHL deal, scratch Boulton, send Janssen to Albany.

Honestly, Boulton and Janssen are wastes. Having them on the same line is even worse. Sestito is NOT an NHL player... we have the worst fourth line in the NHL.

Zharkov will add speed, penalty killing ability (which is not really what we need but still) and some offensive capability.

Bernier has 6 pts in 12 games in Albany and it couldn't hurt to try. He's still young, a bigger body, and has offensive capability.

The dead weight has to go. Sestito, Pelley, Fraser, Boulton Janssen. Let's give some new guys a try. You will all think I'm nuts but I don't care.

Also, Zubrus/Elias/Sykora have a combined two goals in four games, Parise has 1 in 12, Kovy is struggling, Tedenby has ZERO, and Clarkson has cooled off.

Parise-Elias-Sykora

Kovalchuk-Henrique-Zubrus

Tedenby-Carter-Clarkson

Zharkov-Zalewski-Bernier

Zalewski has 11 pts in 20 games. It couldn't hurt to give him a try. Lou is trying Sestito (3 pts in 12 games), Mills who was not good, and Pelley... It's not going to work.

For defense, Fraser needs to go. Call Urbom back up.

Fayne is given a free pass but has had 6 pts in 23 games. He can take a seat as well. If Greene is going to be out for a few games, Urbom should be given a shot.

These are all things Lou can try without having to make a trade... I'd even welcome a trade with Winnipeg to get Oduya back at this point.

You do know that Fayne leads all defenseman on this team in points right?

It's not DeBoer, enough of this coaching bullsh!t.

We need Travis back, so he and Parise can play 20 minutes of defensive hockey with some offense.

Things will calm down once he's back. We still need another defenseman.

Maybe it's Debo's assistants, but this team looks like the keystone cops on the ice.

Edited by hargsy

You do know that Fayne leads all defenseman on this team in points right?

Adam Larsson and Andy Greene are tied for the lead with 8 points each.

4-4-1 in October

8-6-0 in November

Two decent months record-wise, even if they're a bit bloated by SO wins. And that's with Kovy and Parise not contributing all that much (for them).

Last night sucked, but overall things could be a lot worse.

• Like 1

This isn't the problem, nor is it close to the problem.

Well no sh*t. If you want to pinpoint the problem, Zajac needs to be 100% healthy and Lou needs to manage to trade for a puck moving defenseman without giving up any vital pieces. That's not going to happen exactly any time soon.

I am trying to figure out little things that can help the team in the long run. Tams are not successful unless their third and fourth lines can contribute offensively. Pens, Flyers, Hawks, Bruins, even Rangers are successful teams in the league that all have this quality. Janssen, Boulton, Pelley, and Sestito all have a good chance of going through the entire season with exactly ZERO goals combines. It's time to change things up! If you have a bottom half (3rd and 4th lines) that can contribute, it certainly takes pressure off the top two lines and adds a little challenge to the other team.

Edited by njdevil26

Ah true my mistake, but Fayne does lead our defenseman with 3 goals.

Thing is, who do you replace Fayne with? Urbom had a chance last season and even he was bad enough to get sent down on an awful MacLean team.

Not saying that he's going to come in and turn into a top pairing awesome defenseman right away... But I bet Fayne thinks he's got a solid roster spot no matter what he does. Greene has this kind of immunity as well. Fraser is not going to get us anywhere. Guys like Urbom, Taormina, Corrente, and even Gelinas need to give these guys a kick in the ass and let them know they are trying to take those jobs away from them.

Not saying that he's going to come in and turn into a top pairing awesome defenseman right away... But I bet Fayne thinks he's got a solid roster spot no matter what he does. Greene has this kind of immunity as well. Fraser is not going to get us anywhere. Guys like Urbom, Taormina, Corrente, and even Gelinas need to give these guys a kick in the ass and let them know they are trying to take those jobs away from them.

Except that they're not good enough yet to do that. Corrente probably never will be. Fayne is playing really well - he had a rough night, but that's going to happen.

Except that they're not good enough yet to do that. Corrente probably never will be. Fayne is playing really well - he had a rough night, but that's going to happen.

But my question is... why is it that someone like Fraser gets to replace Greene for a game when you know you will get no offensive output, barely acceptable defensive play, and no game changing qualities from Fraser when he steps on the ice. Give someone else a shot for once. That's the same problem I have with our fourth liners Boulton, Janssen, Pelley, and Sestito. You know you'll get no goals, a rare fight, and no positive offensive contribution. GIVE SOMEONE ELSE A SHOT. Zharkov has 14 points in 82 games and is a +3.

Pelley is a -19 with with 26 points in 211 games.

Janssen is a -23 with 10 points in 280 games.

Sestito has 3 points in 50 games, no NHL goals, and is a career -8.

Bernier is only a -2 and in 385 games he has 159 points.

There is absolutely no way in hell that Pelley, Janssen and Sestito would get this much playing time on any other team in the league. It's embarrassing that Pelley is constantly put on waivers and no one wants him for free!

The Flyers have 10 forwards with at least 4 goals.

The Rangers have had 14 different forwards score goals for them this year.

The Sharks have had 13 different forwards score for them this year.

Hakws have 12.

Devils?

9 Forwards with goals. Boulton, Sestito, Janssen, Pelley, Mills, Tedeny= Zero Goals.

The coaching staff and Lou have to know by now that the Devils cannot win with these kinds of numbers. Why they recycle the same crappy fourth liners without giving anyone else is a chance is beyond me... Zalewski, Bernier, Vellieux, Zharkov, Anderson, Whitney, Sislo, Gelinas, and Darcy Zajac are all guys that are contributing at the AHL level and are being denied a chance to do what numerous wastes of space are doing on our NHL roster.

What??? we have no depth???

We don't have much of a soul or identity either.

No, we don't. Obviously we all know that but why guys like Pelley and Sestito have been in this organization for as long as they have and Lou thinks Janssen and Boulton are NHL caliber players is beyond me.

I agree with you on Pelley and Sestito especially. I see no reason to ever dress those guys.

But my question is... why is it that someone like Fraser gets to replace Greene for a game when you know you will get no offensive output, barely acceptable defensive play, and no game changing qualities from Fraser when he steps on the ice. Give someone else a shot for once. That's the same problem I have with our fourth liners Boulton, Janssen, Pelley, and Sestito. You know you'll get no goals, a rare fight, and no positive offensive contribution. GIVE SOMEONE ELSE A SHOT. Zharkov has 14 points in 82 games and is a +3.

I agree with your above posts, but as far as Fraser goes, he was our best defenseman on the ice last night imo.

Edited by devlman

Fayne should have a roster spot, he was solid in the second half and okay this year, other than last night. Greene, well that ship sailed this off-season, we gotta live with his inconsistencies the next couple years. There's no reason Sal and Fraser have to be given immunity though.

As far as Bernier, the problem is we're really tight on the number of guys we can sign to NHL contracts right now. You have to be sure he can help before you use one of your two remaining slots on a guy who wasn't offered an NHL deal by 'anyone'.