Brassard is requesting a trade

SterioDesign

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=381740

Player agent Allan Walsh released a statement on Thursday, slamming Columbus Blue Jackets head coach Scott Arniel.

Walsh is none pleased with his client, Columbus Blue Jackets forward Derick Brassard, spending so much time in the press box as a healthy scratch.

"While I have tremendous respect for Scott Howson and the rest of Columbus' management team, the situation regarding Derick Brassard has become untenable," Walsh wrote. "This coach has a history of burying players and using them as scapegoats to mask his own lack of success on the ice. Derick has been singled out, almost from the very beginning of the season to be the fall guy in case things don't go well. The Columbus organization cares about Derick and has been good to him, but at some point enough is enough."

Salvador has been terrible, so I guess this means Brassard really sucks.

He has one good year under his belt and average at best for the rest of his career. However, I think he is young enough to turn things around if he changes place. Plus, COlumbus is losing money and this helps them financially.

This year that isn't the case. His zone starts at 58% and relative QOC corsi is a positive. That puts him in line with most 2nd lines in the NHL.

This is where stats get you in trouble - Brassard does not yet have the ice time where we can conclude anything significant about his competition. What we do know is that Brassard's zone starts have been ridiculously high for every year of his career.

Also the notion that NJ is weak at center is laughable. What would be done with Brassard after Zajac comes back?

Edited by Triumph

This is where stats get you in trouble - Brassard does not yet have the ice time where we can conclude anything significant about his competition. What we do know is that Brassard's zone starts have been ridiculously high for every year of his career.

Also the notion that NJ is weak at center is laughable. What would be done with Brassard after Zajac comes back?

i dont think we're weak, were pretty average IMO... to me we Pens, Flyers, Hawks, Red Wings, Bolts, Cannucks, Kings and the Sharks have the best depth down the middle...

while i think we're somewhat on par with teams like wild, Canes, Caps, Avs, Rangers, Islanders, Blues

then i think we have a better depth than the Habs, Preds, Jets, Oilers, Ducks, Stars, Sabres, Sens, Panthers, Coyotes, Blue Jackets, Flames and the Leafs

Maybe we should steer clear of a player whose agent goes whining to the media.

He's also Petr Sykora's agent.

i dont think we're weak, were pretty average IMO... to me we Pens, Flyers, Hawks, Red Wings, Bolts, Cannucks, Kings and the Sharks have the best depth down the middle...

That's because they have BETTER players, but we are talking about depth. There's not a team on that list that wouldn't suffer greatly if they lost two of their top three centers. With Elias and Zajac, it's basically like having two Selke-quality centers - they won't pile up the points, especially not on the power play, but they're both going to keep the puck in the offensive zone and out of the defensive zone.

Also, the Bruins clearly have the best depth down the middle and you don't even list them.

Edited by Triumph

Completely agree with the exception of Pit, they were without their top 2 centers and in some freakish way, kept winning. every other team on that list would be in the same boat as the Devils. I'm fine with them just hanging around the playoff picture right now until they get healthy, it'll come.

That's because they have BETTER players, but we are talking about depth. There's not a team on that list that wouldn't suffer greatly if they lost two of their top three centers. With Elias and Zajac, it's basically like having two Selke-quality centers - they won't pile up the points, especially not on the power play, but they're both going to keep the puck in the offensive zone and out of the defensive zone.

Also, the Bruins clearly have the best depth down the middle and you don't even list them.

yeah they we're on my list that i did to compare teams, just forgot to put them. But i based my post on depth actually and even on future players not in the NHL yet that i know of... a few could be missing though, and like you said obviously if you take out 2 of their 3 top centers some of those top teams are in deep trouble

Pens: Crosby, Malkin, Staal, Park

Chicago: Toews, Kane, Bolland

Bruins: Bergeron, Krejci, Kelly

Flyers: Giroux, Briere, Schenn, Couturier, Talbot

Red Wings: Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Helm

Bolts: Stamkos, Lecavalier, Moore

Cannucks: Kesler, Sedin, Hodgson, Lapierre

Kings: Kopitar, Richards, Loktionov

Sharks: Thornton, Couture, Handzuz

Devils: Zajac, Elias, Josefson, Henrique

Wild: Koivu, Brodziak, Cullen (Granlund)

Canes: Staal, Sutter, Jokinen (Zalpe)

Caps: Backstrom, Laich, Johansson

Blues: Backes, Berglund, Arnott

Avs: Stastny, O'Reilly, Galiardi

Islanders: Tavares, Nielson, Bailey (Cizikas and Strome)

Rangers: Richards, Stepan, Dubinsky, Boyle

Habs: Plekanec, Desharnais, Gomez, Eller

Preds: Fisher, Legwand, Spaling

Jets: Little, Antropov, Burmistrov (Scheifele)

Oilers: Horcoff, RNH, Belanger

Ducks: Getzlaf, Koivu, Maxwell, Macenauer

Stars: Ribeiro, Benn, Fiddler

Sabres: Roy, Gaustad, Hecht

Sens: Spezza, Foligno, Regin, Da Costa (Zibanejad)

Florida: Weiss, Goc, Stantorelli (Huberdeau)

Coyotes: Hanzal, Landkow, Turris, Gordon

Leafs: Connolly, Grabovsky, Bozak, Steckel

Blue Jackets: Carter, Pahlsson

Flames: Jokinen, Backlund, Stajanm, Moss

Edited by SterioDesign

OK, I did not know that. But didn't Sykkie take it upon himself this past summer to put the word in to Lou that he would love to come back here? What was his agent going to say to that? No, hold out for a better deal?

I'll admit, I don't know all that much about Brassard. But unless the player is a superstar, it doesn't look too good when the agent spouts off about playing time like that.

If we are going to play like that, over the course of 2 seasons these sabremetrics still don't have the sample size to conclude anything. These numbers are the same as concluding anything with Comeau's statistics or Fayne's statistics to date. They are small sample sizes.