Elias calls out Burmistrov

msweet

“He wanted to yap a little bit,” the Devils’ forward said. “I’ll take him any time. He’s way too young to do that. He doesn’t know what’s up yet. I’ll take him any time.”

Read more: http://www.canada.co...l#ixzz1fyCxA3Ry

Yeah and Evander Kane trying to stand up for him :rolleyes:

The kid is young, one day he'll shoot his mouth off to the wrong guy and get his @$$ dropped in a fight. I know the kid is trying to look tough and make a name for himself, but you gotta watch who you're talking to out there and make sure you don't pick on the wrong guy or you might regret it...

Yeah and Evander Kane trying to stand up for him :rolleyes:

The kid is young, one day he'll shoot his mouth off to the wrong guy and get his @$$ dropped in a fight. I know the kid is trying to look tough and make a name for himself, but you gotta watch who you're talking to out there and make sure you don't pick on the wrong guy or you might regret it...

Well Kane showed Cooke that he can handle a man last year lol

This reminds me of the Mike Richards story he talked sh!t to Elias when he was a rookie and Brylin speared him with a stick in the corner. Richards said it taught him respect.

D: Is there a code for how rookies should behave?

MR: I went through the same thing. I remember my first year we were playing against New Jersey and I was running around and lipping off to Patrick Elias. Elias came to me and Sergei Brylin too, and they said, “If you continue to show disrespect for players, you are going to get hurt.” That really hit home. I didn't want to be known as that guy who shows disrespect. I want to be a guy who plays hard in between the whistles but not cross the line. That was six years ago, but it hit home. When you hear it from a guy like Patrick Elias, who has a done a lot in this league and is well respected, you remember.