GDT: 12/10/11 Canadiens vs Devils

snartly

Not to continue on the penalty shot because the game was way more than that, but here is a quote from Price.

DavidAmber David Amber

#Habs Price on Parise penalty shot save "As soon as he went pump fake I knew he was going back hand...just tried to close off space"

And that is why the fake to the forehand makes goalies look stupid. Maybe he felt that the ice was too crappy to do so many moves.

That's what I think. When MSG slowed the replay down to super slo-mo, the puck was hopping on the worn down ice. It seemed like any fast move and he would have lost it.

That's what I think. When MSG slowed the replay down to super slo-mo, the puck was hopping on the worn down ice. It seemed like any fast move and he would have lost it.

yeah I mean in hindsight you want to say he should have done more but if he loses the puck we'd all be pissed he wasn't more careful

Re: the tickets being affordable.

The Devils have two types of fans in my eyes. 1. Families. 2. People under 30.

Bringing a family to a game is REALLY expensive.

I think the Devils could do a better job marketing the team. Everything is so PC and boring. What do the under-30 crowd want to do on nights and weekends? Drink and party with their friends. I've said these things a lot... have tickets come with a 25% off a beer or buy one get one.

Expand the college night deals. Today... on a weekend where out of town college-goers come home. They come home to a premium priced game and there's 4 thousand empty seats. The Devils can reach out to colleges. When I was in Reading, PA... they had special Flyers deals posted in the campus center all the time. Group prices tied in with their all you can eat seating section, drink discounts, bus transportation provided....

I can go on and on and on all day. The Devils could work out a deal with NJ Transit where fans could show their ticket on the train and get 25-50% off a train ticket....

There are really a ton of ways the team can market tickets better and get asses in the seats. They just need to try...

The Devils always get a good amount of away fans. Maybe try to embrace it! If you order tickets and your shipping address is in the state/province of the opposing team you get a meal card or a ticket discount.

Edited by njdevil26

35-45 bucks minimum to sit in the upper deck vs a non-rival. $95 minimum to sit behind the nets. It didn't help.

It was $37 for sth's getting extra seats, $45 if you're buying them at the box office as a single game purchaser, more if you're buying them from Ticketmaster. And that's just for the cheapest seats in the building.

What's wrong with this team?

Come to think of it, there has not been ONE game this season where I can say that the Devils flat out dominated for 60 minutes. That's not a good sign.

I agree. 6 shootout wins and two wins in 28 games where the Devils won by more than one goal.

To the dude that said I drive two hours...well it's true. But find a post within the last six months where I said that. Back your sh!t up. You can't.

Embracing away fans? Christ that's the worst idea I've ever heard. HEY MR. RANGERS FAN, HERE'S FREE FOOD! THANKS FOR COMING!

Thanks for giving the tickets to my brother and dad Colin. He had a good time, but didn't care for the Frenchies (neither do I).

Edited by adam85491

To the dude that said I drive two hours...well it's true. But find a post within the last six months where I said that. Back your sh!t up. You can't.

Embracing away fans? Christ that's the worst idea I've ever heard. HEY MR. RANGERS FAN, HERE'S FREE FOOD! THANKS FOR COMING!

No, no, no, no... not Ranger, Flyer, and Islander fans.

I'm talking about fans that have to travel from afar... make a weekend out of it, stay in a hotel, and so on. The fans that actually make a big effort to get here. Canadian fans... Red Wings and Hawks fans... you know what I mean. God, not Ranger fans. It's easier for Ranger fans from Manhattan to get to the Rock than it is for some Devil fans in the burbs!

The Kings game in LA, that's it.

The Buffalo game was second place... they did lapse a little in the third but that was a great performance.

Go buy tickets in Philly. Or the Energy Center. Or MSG. You'll spend way more.

Our Box Office prices are lower and there's tons of promos. I see college night ads at every college I've been to in new jersey, and I get mailings all the time. With stubhub, I can go to many games on the cheap.

For fvcks sake we offer season tickets for a thousand bucks. Ya won't see me bitch about the prices. I know what I pay when I go to the dump in Philly.