The 6th Defenseman Spot

Derlique

It looks like Volchenkov will be back sooner rather than later, but Greene will be out another month. That leaves Taormina, Urbom and Fraser competing for the 6th position until Andy returns. Who do you think will get the final spot? Why?

I think this thread should also be used to talk about these three defensemen's play game to game

I thought Tao looked really solid against Montreal. I'd say him for sure and they can work in Fraser when a more physical presence is needed (or when Tao needs a day off).

Edited by PWW

Doesn't the 6th defenseman look obviously like Foster's right now? Guy is playing some big minutes and is on the first PP unit. Maybe the OP meant Foster when they put Fraser, because Fraser is gone.

Out of Urbom and Taormina, I think Taormina has looked much more in place.

Edit: :lol: I see this was bumped from over a week ago, nevermind the part about Fraser being here or gone.

Edited by Devils731

Doesn't the 6th defenseman look obviously like Foster's right now? Guy is playing some big minutes and is on the first PP unit. Maybe the OP meant Foster when they put Fraser, because Fraser is gone.

Out of Urbom and Taormina, I think Taormina has looked much more in place.

Edit: :lol: I see this was bumped from over a week ago, nevermind the part about Fraser being here or gone.

this thread was before the Fraser&Pelley trade.

Taormina definitely has played better than Urbom, who made a number of glaring mistakes when he played, but I felt that when Taormina and Urbom played together as a pairing, Urbom played much better, so I hope that if they both happen to play in the same game that they be put together as a pairing. I know someone said they play together in Albany and you can def tell that they do because they just looked very comfortable together and seemed to know where the other one would be, which cut down on mistakes due to miscommunications and mistakes where Urbom seemed to not realize where his partner was at the time, etc.