Travis may return as early as Friday

Dev.iL87

from rotoworld:

Travis Zajac (Achilles tendon) might make his season debut as early as Friday's game against Dallas.

"That will be the earliest," said Zajac after Sunday's practice. "We'll see how this week goes and then we'll talk it over with (GM) Lou (Lamoriello) and the coaches. I'll concentrate on getting in a couple more good practices and we'll see. I feel good, though." He isn't expected to play during New Jersey's two-game road trip in Florida that will see the Devils play the Lightning on Monday and the Panthers on Tuesday.

Finally :) his comeback is really close...LGD!

He's no Sid Crosby, but fans of other teams have NO idea how important he is to this team in the faceoff circle, penalty kill, power play, score sheet, and so on.

Right on. Once he gets up to speed -- which may take a couple games -- his mere presence will finally bring some balance to our top 6. Plus, we'll finally have someone besides Patrik "42%" Elias to take big draws. (Patty, I love ya, but good at the dot you are not.)

Right on. Once he gets up to speed -- which may take a couple games -- his mere presence will finally bring some balance to our top 6. Plus, we'll finally have someone besides Patrik "42%" Elias to take big draws. (Patty, I love ya, but good at the dot you are not.)

I look forward to a power play boost too.

First Unit:

Kovalchuk-Elias-Parise

Zajac-Larsson

He's no Sid Crosby, but fans of other teams have NO idea how important he is to this team in the faceoff circle, penalty kill, power play, score sheet, and so on.

He also puts guys in their proper places - for example you won't have fourth liners playing third line minutes and so on. One guy in or out of a line-up has repercussions up and down the line-up.

why not something like this?

kovy-travis-clarks

zach-henrique-tedenby

sykie-patty-zubrus

boulton-carter-palmieri

I am not entirely sure about right wings, but kovy must play at LW and he has some chemistry with travis last season.

Zach has chemistry with henrique and our "old guys line" plays good all season. So only questions are right wings I think :)

why not something like this?

kovy-travis-clarks

zach-henrique-tedenby

sykie-patty-zubrus

boulton-carter-palmieri

I am not entirely sure about right wings, but kovy must play at LW and he has some chemistry with travis last season.

Zach has chemistry with henrique and our "old guys line" plays good all season. So only questions are right wings I think :)

if deboer got fired

We coach that team together

switch teddy bear and zubrus...

because tedenby parise abd henrique will be a too small line :P

if deboer got fired

We coach that team together

switch teddy bear and zubrus...

because tedenby parise abd henrique will be a too small line :P

yes that is true :)

and then sykie can go back at his natural position at right wing.

so our lines:

kovy-travis-clarks

zach-henrique-zubrus

tedenby-patty-sykie

boulton-carter-palmieri

ok I send PM to deboer :D

Edited by Dev.iL87

When is the earliest that Josefson can be back? February?

I don't believe there's an official timeline on him yet, but February seems the probable month from what ive read. However, some have speculated that he can return in January since he's already skating now.

And why change the parise henrique kovi line??? too much chemistry? playing too well? Haha that wouldnt make a lick of sense. move patty to the wing and put travis in between him and sykora and get the teddy zuu clarky line back together like in nashville. no reason for teddys talent to be on the 4th line

And why change the parise henrique kovi line??? too much chemistry? playing too well? Haha that wouldnt make a lick of sense. move patty to the wing and put travis in between him and sykora and get the teddy zuu clarky line back together like in nashville. no reason for teddys talent to be on the 4th line

I think this is what they'll do until the Parise-Henrique-Kovy line starts to falter, then Kovy will go back to LW with either Zajac or Henrique and Parise will play with whichever center isn't playing with Kovy.

I think this is what they'll do until the Parise-Henrique-Kovy line starts to falter, then Kovy will go back to LW with either Zajac or Henrique and Parise will play with whichever center isn't playing with Kovy.

Yeah i agree, if they dont score for a few games they can throw zajac in there or change it up. i just think henrique and parise should stay together as well as elias and sykora