GDT: New Jersey @ Florida

Derlique

LOL singing this kid's praises at the start, but he makes a total rookie mistake and now everyone wants to burn him at the stake. No, let's not forget he's 18 and now just turned 19 and yet people are forgetting he's going to do this and do it badly at times and it's a learning process. No doubt he's a future gem, though.

But he has looked more and more nervous with the puck lately. I think some time in the AHL would not hurt. He will be a stud defenseman for sure in a couple years, but he just is looking lost there.

But what pissed me most about the goal was the forth line getting caught and burned...again.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol someone will claim that here, you will see.

Honeymoon has long been over for the kid

That's a bit much. That play made me crazy, but like unknown poster said, gaffes are to be expected. The kid's barely 19 and has gone right from the draft to playing in the NHL. If he doesn't show improvement over the next few years, then you can say the honeymoon's over. But it's waaaaaaaaay too early to say that now.

yeah i dont blame Larsson that much personally... obviously thats a huge mistake there and all... but our 4th line is terrible.... so terrible... they should have took a penalty or something if they couldnt get it out of the zone just so they get off the ice lol

Brodeur has to be upset tho... he was playing real good so far and Larsson make that mistake leading to a goal...

I'm fvcking tired of this excuse. He made 2 awful giveaways in the same shift. He does it ALL THE TIME.

These are giveaways you dont make in highschool hockey.

Obviously, you've never played HS hockey lol. That happens every period, especially in public schools where the talent isn't as good or deep.

It's called growing pains. Get used to it because he's going to make mistakes again. And he'll be better for it when you look back and he's an All Star type talent.

Edited by SJP20

The experience he's gaining playing with the big boys is huge for him right now. The bigger the mistake the bigger the lesson. However, he has not been very good so far this year. If the Devils are able to make a push for this thing this year you can bet Larsson will not be on the ice for it.

That's a bit much. That play made me crazy, but like unknown poster said, gaffes are to be expected. The kid's barely 19 and has gone right from the draft to playing in the NHL. If he doesn't show improvement over the next few years, then you can say the honeymoon's over. But it's waaaaaaaaay too early to say that now.

I see your point but honestly what quantifies a mistake as a rookie mistake versus a non rookie mistake? If he made that play with at least 82 games under his belt, would you say the same thing? If not, then what exactly is the difference if it is the exact same play/mistake?

Obviously, you've never played HS hockey.

It's called growing pains. Get used to it because he's going to make mistakes again. And he'll be better for it.

I played HS hockey all 4 years and I've played the game since I was like 12 years old.

You dont pass the puck in front of the net in your own zone like that at ANY LEVEL.

Obviously YOU have never played HS hockey.

I see your point but honestly what quantifies a mistake as a rookie mistake versus a non rookie mistake? If he made that play with at least 82 games under his belt, would you say the same thing? If not, then what exactly is the difference if it is the exact same play/mistake?

i think you're pushing a bit... i know youre upset im not really happy about it either but they we're totally overwhelm in the zone and he must have think that his player was cutting in the middle and being a dumb 4th liner he didnt so the puck went directly to the other player... im not making up excuses for him its a big mistake... but we just have to live with it and get over it now

cmon guyz

edit: hopefully we'll win this and this mistake won't cost us

Edited by SterioDesign

i think you're pushing a bit... i know youre upset im not really happy about it either but they we're totally overwhelm in the zone and he must have think that his player was cutting in the middle and being a dumb 4th liner he didnt so the puck went directly to the other player... im not making up excuses for him its a big mistake... but we just have to live with it and get over it now

cmon guyz

Oh I place most of the blame on the forth line for that one. I just get more and more nervous with each game of larsson touching the puck.

But like I said in my other post I still very much think larsson will turn into a stud defenseman sooner rather than later.

I played HS hockey all 4 years and I've played the game since I was like 12 years old.

You dont pass the puck in front of the net in your own zone like that at ANY LEVEL.

Obviously YOU have never played HS hockey.

I've got 3 Varsity letters, son. And i was an assistant at my alma matter for two years.

I had kids do that more then i can count. Yes, they did skate the next practice for it and yes they did sit. Some became better, some didn't. That's HS hockey where not every kid is overly talented, not every kid is going on playing in college and certainly not every kid is playing pro.

Now, sit down and cool off.

Oh I place most of the blame on the forth line for that one. I just get more and more nervous with each game of larsson touching the puck.

But like I said in my other post I still very much think larsson will turn into a stud defenseman sooner rather than later.

yeah i really hope we roll 3 lines for awhile

as for Larsson it always depend whos playing up front with him too... if he's getting the puck deep in the zone and want to make a breakout pass and that all the guys are not in good position well he need to wait and find another option

I'm not expecting him to be a finished product by the end of the season. Defensemen can take years to develop.

I'll be happy with steady improvement, though he's bound to take steps backward here and there. To me, if he stays up here for the whole year and keeps the mistakes down, I'll take it. He'll have gotten a full year of NHL experience under his belt.

This is my point. You cant keep forgiving these mistakes like they never happened. These are not skill plays, it doesnt take much to not pass directly in front of your net.

You have to with Larsson. They don't have any other choice. He's getting on the job training and you have to expect this. Be thankful for Larry Robinson and Scott Stevens to guide him and hopefully help him from being rushed too early.

Let's see how he recovers. That's the important thing.