Claude Giroux out Indefinitely

Derlique

All me right here in the Pronger thread a few days ago.. I worked a little voodoo

Wow seriously, I was just thinking this before I read your post. He's never been injured before and within a day of you posting about wishing he gets injured in a concussion thread, he gets a concussion. Just remember that with great power comes great responsibility.

Needless to say, this is a huge loss for them.

Edited by Amberite

All me right here in the Pronger thread a few days ago.. I worked a little voodoo

Do me a favor and predict something bad happens to my mother-in-law...nothing life-threatening. But maybe she loses her ability to speak or something.

Thanks in advance!

I wonder how the Flyers will do without him...I really hope this isn't a long term loss for them, he's really becoming one of the best two-way forwards in the game and I'd hate to see him regress or worse...And the Flyers have to really be hoping it's not long term because they gave up the #1 and #2 centers last year because of their belief in him...

Man -- it sucks but I am really glad these guys and they're organizations are stepping up to the plate.

I like that this is the new way to swing your g'nads in hockey, you know? I posted something similar on my old Scott Stevens page -- that the really cool hockey kids wear helmets to public skate these days - cage and all. So adorable. Only pvssies don't wear helmets.

Man -- it sucks but I am really glad these guys and they're organizations are stepping up to the plate.

that the really cool hockey kids wear helmets to public skate these days - cage and all. So adorable. Only pvssies don't wear helmets.

the cages go along for the ride! I used to take my kids cage off when public skating but the two little screws would eventually get lost, so it stays on

but to be honest, like football, the helmets dont really help much with concussions, thats an internal, inertial thing with brain and skull. and it doesnt prevent neck injuries either

Edited by EdgeControl

A friend of mine who's a Phailures fan said Giroux doesn't even have a concussion, they're just holding him out as a precaution. Claims they've been talking about it on WIP all morning.

"Claude reported not feeling very good today," Flyers General Manager Paul Holmgren said. "Over the past few days, his symptoms have gradually gotten worse. He will be out indefinitely."

That's from today. Tell your friend that denial is the first step towards acceptance.

I wonder how the Flyers will do without him...I really hope this isn't a long term loss for them, he's really becoming one of the best two-way forwards in the game and I'd hate to see him regress or worse...And the Flyers have to really be hoping it's not long term because they gave up the #1 and #2 centers last year because of their belief in him...

Giroux is a great player, but the Flyers really build up a lot of quality depth last year. In the short term Briere will pick-up most of the slack, I think this would have been a great opportunity to break in Schenn who is also out with a concussion. But Simmons, Voracek and Jagr are starting to pick-up the slack. Even with all the injuries, Holmgren did a great job of stock piling quality depth without having to expose younger players who just aren't ready yet.

"Claude reported not feeling very good today," Flyers General Manager Paul Holmgren said. "Over the past few days, his symptoms have gradually gotten worse. He will be out indefinitely."

That's from today. Tell your friend that denial is the first step towards acceptance.

Lol, yeah I was texting with him before and he has since corrected himself. They are saying it's a low-grade concussion though, so I doubt he'll be out too long.

Good points lol maybe I should play the lottery.. Then again karma is a bitch and I might win and get struck by lightning on my way to collect the winnings

Quick go say something about briere, hartnell, and simmonds...

Hartnell would be too dumb to realize he's concussed