Lines when Zajac returns and when Josefson returns?

USC09

Parise-Zajac-Henrique

Zubrus-Elias-Sykora

Kovalchuk-Josefson-Palmieri

Tedenby-Carter-Clarkson

First line is amazing, second line is extremely solid, third line is more like a second (and possibly even a first since Kovy is on it) and fourth line could actually legit score.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats what i'd go for and would scratch boulton and Janssen for the rest of the season, they are ABSOLUTELLY USELESS, i don't care that they can fight, not that im against fighting but what its bringing to a game is useless to me (especially when you fight like 2 min in the game) then they bring energy? jesus christ we have Zach, you can't bring more energy than he is, and he can actually play.

At this point, it's not fair to put Janssen and Boulton in the same sentence. Really, it's not even fair to put Janssen and any NHL'er in the same sentence. Cam has been beyond awful; he looks absolutely clueless on the ice 100% of the time. On the other hand, Boulton is at least passable as a 4th liner, especially in the absence of Zajac and Josefson.

To have a kovalchuk who play LW and to have better deep on each line

Kovalchuk and Zach are both LW, but you wouldn't be able to tell the last dozen games. Kovy has played better on this line whether or not he's playing RW or LW.

But know ing New Jersey, Zajac will come back, we'll break up the lines and build chemistry again dumping like 10-12 winnable points along the way.

I mean with the way it's shaping up to be, the fourth line is really like a third so it doesn't matter to much.

Yeah you're probably right, I just get the feeling Lou and DeBoer wouldn't want to place him with those guys. But you never know, Clarkson has had an above average year.

Honestly, I think you will see that top line stay together till it falters at which point Zajac should be at full speed. Personally I wouldn't be surprised to see Zajac pared with Elias after a few games as that line has sputtered a bit recently. Coach seems to ride his horses till the falter so I would be suprised to see him break up the top line while its hot.

Is it more important to preserve a "hot" line or to put Kovalchuk at his natural position?

Not too long ago, "Kovalchuk at RW" was receiving a lot of criticism for misuse of a key asset who was struggling.

I'm more inclined to keep that top line together, but I can see it from both angles.

I still think Kovy at RW is not the best idea, but as you said, with the way that line has produced the past 10 games, there's no way you break them up right now. Once they start to fall off a bit, then you put Zajac back with Parise with Henrique most likely moving to RW on that line then the 2nd line becoming Kovy-Elias-Sykora

For Friday the lines I'd like to see are:

Parise-Henrique-Kovy

Sykora-Elias-Zubrus

Teddy-Zajac-Clarkson

Sestito-Carter-Whoever

Depending on how Zajac looks in the 1st period and how that second line is playing, I think we may see the second line altered to Elias-Zajac-Sykora and the third line being Teddy-Zubrus-Clarkson to see if that will spark some offense from them.

Once that first line starts to fall off a bit and Zajac is back playing at 100%, I think the lines will ultimately look like this:

Parise-Zajac-Henrique

Kovy-Elias-Sykora

Teddy-Zubrus-Clarkson

Sestito-Carter-Whoever

I think that Henrique will more likely be moved to RW as opposed to playing center for Kovy because he, just like Parise and Zajac, plays a very simple game predicated on hard work and good forechecking down low. Kovy needs someone who can make fancier plays and can see the ice better in order to make perfect passes to him and Elias is the only guy on our team that is extremely proficient at that, so I think they're a better fit that Henrique would be with Kovy.

Then once Josefson is back, they may look like this:

Parise-Zajac-Henrique

Kovy-Elias-Sykora

Zubrus-Josefson-Clarkson

Teddy-Carter-Sestito

Although if Tedenby can prove he can play more more responsibly and Deboer is comfortable with him playing on the 3rd line or higher, Zubrus may become the odd man out. I know he's played relatively well so far, but if he can be traded along with a prospect or pick for a natural RW who can play on one of the top 2 lines or if we can move Salvador, a prospect and/or pick for an offensive d-man who can play in the top 4, I think either of those trades may look very attractive around the deadline. This all is dependent on where we are in the standings by then, how the team's playing and whether or not Josefson is back in the lineup and is back up to speed, playing at 100%.

Edited by ATLL765

Kovalchuk - Zajac - Zubrus

Parise - Henrique - Clarkson

Elias - Josefson - Sykora

Tedenby - Carter - Zharkov/Palmieri

Tallinder Fayne

Larsson Greene

Volchenkov Salvador/Foster/Tao

Though I see Tedenby and maybe Greene getting traded for a better dman.

Sykora-Elias-Zubrus

Parise-Zajac-Henrique

Kovy-Josefson-Palmieri (if we get a Bernier to sign, would love to see him on this line or perhaps a trade for Gagner)

Tedenby-Carter-Clarkson

xtras: Janssen-Boulton

Defense:

Tallinder-Fayne

Larsson-Green

Volchenkov-Foster

Extras: Salvador

I would expect Tao and Urbom getting sent down.

Kovalchuk - Zajac - Zubrus

Parise - Henrique - Clarkson

Elias - Josefson - Sykora

Tedenby - Carter - Zharkov/Palmieri

Tallinder Fayne

Larsson Greene

Volchenkov Salvador/Foster/Tao

Though I see Tedenby and maybe Greene getting traded for a better dman.

Although I agree that Greene may be desirable to other teams, I don't imagine he'll get traded right after Lou signed him to a new contract. It's pretty unusual to see Lou trade a guy he just signed like that. Salvador might be possible to trade if he keeps playing the way he is now. He's played well, but if we're getting close to the deadline and a move could be made for a top d-man who can put up 35-45 points/year, he's a defensive d-man and we have enough of those with Tallinder, Volchenkov and Fayne, so I wouldn't be opposed to moving him and one of Tedenby, Zubrus or a pick/prospect.

Although I agree that Greene may be desirable to other teams, I don't imagine he'll get traded right after Lou signed him to a new contract. It's pretty unusual to see Lou trade a guy he just signed like that. Salvador might be possible to trade if he keeps playing the way he is now. He's played well, but if we're getting close to the deadline and a move could be made for a top d-man who can put up 35-45 points/year, he's a defensive d-man and we have enough of those with Tallinder, Volchenkov and Fayne, so I wouldn't be opposed to moving him and one of Tedenby, Zubrus or a pick/prospect.

He traded Oduya. I know Kovy was special, and Oduya was looking bad, but Greene has been so-so, and they need another legit top 4 d, unless Larsson's learning curve is freakishly fast (not ruling it out, but not counting on it). I think Greene and Tedenby are the most tradeable guys on the roster (both for other teams to take and for us to lose), and, while I'd normally say trade one of our d prospects (they'd probably fetch more then Greene anyway), we need to open up a roster spot since right now we have mediocre d out the ass.

Zubrus is a monster, he is not going anywhere and he is money in the playoffs. The only D-Man I can see moving would be Salvador, but don't be surprised if Lou sends off Greene for an upgrade. Personally, I don't think the Devils will make any trades besides role player types. We simply don't have the pieces to land a #1 D-man who can play all situations. For example, would you trade Shea Weber for Greene+Tedenby+1st if you were Nashville or would you demand an elite prospect like Larsson/Merrill (in limbo) who Lou will most likely will not move.

For example, would you trade Shea Weber for Greene+Tedenby+1st if you were Nashville or would you demand an elite prospect like Larsson/Merrill (in limbo) who Lou will most likely will not move.

Greene + Tedenby + 1st? No chance, even if the team with the UFA rarely get equal value in these trades.

Zubrus is a monster, he is not going anywhere and he is money in the playoffs. The only D-Man I can see moving would be Salvador, but don't be surprised if Lou sends off Greene for an upgrade. Personally, I don't think the Devils will make any trades besides role player types. We simply don't have the pieces to land a #1 D-man who can play all situations. For example, would you trade Shea Weber for Greene+Tedenby+1st if you were Nashville or would you demand an elite prospect like Larsson/Merrill (in limbo) who Lou will most likely will not move.

Only way we get a top pairing guy is if we realize we can't resign Zach and trade him. I would hate to see that, but getting a guy like Weber or Suter from Nashville would soften the blow.