Scott Niedermayer Appreciation Thread

DaneykoIsGod

TG is bellyaching on twitter that the Devils didn't have a "media day" for Niedermayer. Is he new here or something? Maybe just another opportune time to aim some more constructive criticism at the organization again.

Surprised you didn't bring up he is a closet Rangers fan. A couple of tweets that bring up a fair point when you compare what every other team does in the league. Not sure your obvious gripe with TG needed to be put in an appreciation thread especially when it doesn't accompany anything about Niedermayer and what he has meant to the organization.

Surprised you didn't bring up he is a closet Rangers fan. A couple of tweets that bring up a fair point when you compare what every other team does in the league. Not sure your obvious gripe with TG needed to be put in an appreciation thread especially when it doesn't accompany anything about Niedermayer and what he has meant to the organization.

Are you a moderator? On an occasion we are celebrating and "appreciating" a great player, TG has to sieze yet more opportunity to criticize the organization for something he knows is standard OP.

Edited by SJP20

Great player, one of my favorite players of all time and one of best puck moving defensman I have ever seen.

Thanks for memories Scotty!

Guys you are so lucky that you can be there...I envy you a little bit

Please can someone record that for us who live in Europe? Because I am worried that this will not be streamed anywhere

Thanks in advance

Great player that Devils fans HATED his first several years (they hated Lou too). Glad Lou got the talent around him so he could thrive.

Between Stevens, Nieds, Dano and Rafi, probably the second best corp of defense in the history of the NHL (After Robinson, Savard, Lapointe, Nyrop/Bouchard).

#27 was a great Devil

Great player that Devils fans HATED his first several years (they hated Lou too). Glad Lou got the talent around him so he could thrive.

Between Stevens, Nieds, Dano and Rafi, probably the second best corp of defense in the history of the NHL (After Robinson, Savard, Lapointe, Nyrop/Bouchard).

#27 was a great Devil

I never hated Niedermayer. Not when he was here and not after he left. I don't recall knowing anyone who ever claimed to hate him.

Not saying there wasn't anyone who felt that way...just that I never met any of 'em.

It's been a hell of a time watching this team from the very beginning...from zero to hero's, the building of a Stanley Cup Team with guys like Scott Niedermayer.

Thank you Scott! :gd:

One of my favorite players in my Gallery!

http://njdevs.com/forums/index.php?app=galleryℑ=1031

http://njdevs.com/forums/index.php?app=galleryℑ=1032

Edited by Devlin

I always liked Scott Niedermayer. In my mind, Nieder was representative of what the Devils were all about during the team's glory days. Jacques Lemaire had instilled a very disciplined team work ethic in the club. Every player knew his place and did his job. The Devils were tough as a whole, but didn't go around starting trouble. They let the other teams start sh!t and then get frustrated because the Devils wouldn't respond the way the other teams had hoped. The Devs weren't known for a lot of yapping. They just did their jobs, to perfection when working well. And Nieder was maybe the best at playing the Devils' game. He wasn't the star at the time. But he didn't need to be. He was solid. He was quiet. But that's not a knock on him. The Devils as a whole were quiet (hell, even our fans were quiet). The team never got the accolades in this NY/NJ/Philly area. But that was cool. The Devils let the other teams have the limelight. The Devs didn't need that. We had something better. Success. Championships. And Nieder was a big part of that.

I always liked Scott Niedermayer. In my mind, Nieder was representative of what the Devils were all about during the team's glory days. Jacques Lemaire had instilled a very disciplined team work ethic in the club. Every player knew his place and did his job. The Devils were tough as a whole, but didn't go around starting trouble. They let the other teams start sh!t and then get frustrated because the Devils wouldn't respond the way the other teams had hoped. The Devs weren't known for a lot of yapping. They just did their jobs, to perfection when working well. And Nieder was maybe the best at playing the Devils' game. He wasn't the star at the time. But he didn't need to be. He was solid. He was quiet. But that's not a knock on him. The Devils as a whole were quiet (hell, even our fans were quiet). The team never got the accolades in this NY/NJ/Philly area. But that was cool. The Devils let the other teams have the limelight. The Devs didn't need that. We had something better. Success. Championships. And Nieder was a big part of that.

well said, for sure.

Nieds was a stud :cheers:

a to z truth

good words about team and team politics

press for rangs

3 cups for us

I'll never forget that coast to coast goal against the Red Wings in the '95 finals. I was 11 years old. I remember telling my mom the Devils were going to sweep them before the series even started. I might have been talking out of my ass because of how young I was but for some reason I think I just knew in my gut that they were destined to win the Stanley Cup that way after the heart break in '94.

I missed Neidermayer after he left. I know he missed NJ too. He was an EPIC defensive men.

Edited by ScoreMoreThan3