Devils draft position

CHICO IS GOD

The Draft position is determined only by regular season standings, with 2 exceptions.

1. The team that wins the lottery moves up 4 slots only in the first round. This affects only the non playoff teams, and it is done to prevent teams from tanking at the end of the season to get a top prospect (i.e. The Penguins to get Lemieux)

2. The team that wins the Stanley Cup gets moved to the back of every round. This affects only the playoff teams, and I have no idea why it is done.

Right now The Devils have the 21st pick. The only way that would change is if Colorado, Calgary, or Montreal won The Stanley cup, in which case The Devils would select 20th.

Edited by Blackjack

no problem. Most of the guys at hockey's future are projecting us to take a very good but small (doh!) defenseman, or a big, but raw defensemen. (Sorry, I can't remember their names :P

Unfortunatly the big mean skilled defensemen go very early. We should be able to get a good prospect with Conte at the helm though :pray:

Some dmen names to throw around or O'Neill, Schultz, and Valabik are three big dmen that have been thrown around. Some of my earlier hopes have jumped well up the radar. Thelen was one.

Since the draft is defensive deep I would expect NJ to take a fly with an offensive player like Radulov or Lisin. Radulov has more skills and more scoring abilities. Lisin is more raw and has explosive potential. He is a risky pick like Laine though that may not work out.