Another Alfredsson Guarantee

Derek21

Well, I thought maybe this would take some of your minds off all the sad stuff going on with your team.

Tonight, Ottawa faces elimination against Toronto in what has been a very competitive series. And once again, Daniel Alfredsson spoke up after their recent loss:

Following Ottawa's poor showing on Friday night in Toronto, Alfredsson said the Senators would be back for a game seven. "We're going to go home, win and force Game 7. Then we'll come back in here and we'll win the series," said Alfredsson. Should Ottawa win game six, game seven will be on Tuesday in Toronto.

Not sure if it will matter much. But there's Alfredsson putting himself out there once again. Remember, he's the same player who guaranteed that Ottawa would win the Cup earlier this year.

I'm sure the game will be interesting.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Nobody seems in the mood for posting today.

Uhm.... Alfredson is in a bad spot. People around here question his leadership abilities. Another one of the European captains. So he goes around claiming that the Sens will win the cup, that they won't get shut out in game 4, that they will win game 6... overcompensation.

If they win and he scores a hat trick, he'll be Ottawa's Mark Messier. If they lose, his C is in question for next year. He's laid it on the line.

Laying it on the line. That's what a captain is supposed to to. Now he has to lead them on the ice. GO SENS GO!

And if he shows up and not enough of the rest of team does tonight then the Sens management has to ask themselves whether he isn't the right leader, or whether they have players who don't want to be led. By anyone. Because you can have the best captain in the world and if you don't have players who care enough to follow it doesn't matter what he does or says. It won't work.

I'm not saying which scenario it is, just that the Sens will have to see what happens and then decide.

Go Toronto

:D

You can't take me saying that out of context.

I want Toronto to beat the Sens because the Sens fans HATE losing to Toronto.

Then, later in the playoffs, I want Toronto to lose so we can keep the 67! chants going.

Yes, yes they (we?) do.....

Call it an inferiority complex... but Toronto just pisses us off. Ask people around the world what the capital of Canada is and 95% will say Toronto. Pisses us off. We don't call in the army when there is a snow storm. When there was the backout, we didn't petition the government to put our lights on first. When the government frees up money for urban development, Toronto tries to steal the whole thing. They are big. They are rich. And they are spoiled.

So, we hope against hope, year after year, that we might beat Toronto at *SOMETHING*. Hockey, football, most traffic violations... ANYTHING.... but especially hockey.

Flukey goal when it gets by Lalime, but a blunder when one gets by Marty. :rolleyes: Sorry, just annoyed that everyone is so sure Marty should have had the GWG in game 5.

If you ask me, and even if you don't ;) the Marty that really stunk was Turco. Or should I say Marty Turkey. :P

After elimination in the first round in 2001, the second round in 2002 and the third round in 2003, the Senators feel as if they have earned the right to move on to the finals.

I hate this thought process. Winning rounds does NOT earn you a right to move on. If they keep thinking that they've earned the right to move on due to past performance they'll never win the Cup. How about working for it NOW?

Oh and what right do you earn when you do win the Cup? The right to another one? Yah, OK. :rolleyes:

Terrible first period by Ottawa. Where is the desperation? Toronto looks like they want it more.

One other thing. Martin is a moron. How do you scratch your fourth leading scorer Spezza for another game? He is just dumb as hell. He didn't even try Josh Langfeld either. Unless the guy is hurt, he could have helped Ottawa.

If Ottawa doesn't fire this guy if they lose, they're nuts.

Alfredson is trying to do everything himself. Everything. He's going into the Leaf end 1 on 4 and he tries to barrel right through. What was he thinking?

As for Spezza, they just mentioned it on coaches corner. Martin has decided that if he's gonna go down, he is going to go down with his guys. He doesn't like Spezza.. find him too much of a defensive liability for Jacques style.

But Spezza was in last game and did NOTHING, so it's hard to condemn him for that move.