GDT: Rangers vs. Devils

snartly

this team has no heart

I call BULLSH!T. How many times has this team come from behind to win this year? How many wins do we have past regulation?

Step away from the fvcking cliff. Yes it sucks to lose to the fvcking Rags. We obviously missed our leading scorer. We had chances but Lundqvist, though I hate him, played well. Marty had an awful game. Foster took away the pass and Marty gets victimized on the glovehand again. How many times has that happened this year? A lot. He's my all time favorite athlete and no one can question what he's done for this organization but I too agree: it's time to retire at the end of this year.

You can say a lot of things about our loss tonight, but the team has no heart? Bullsh!t.

Let me ask you folks - if you could have picked this game or Niedernight to win - which one would you have?

EXACTLY

You an't win all 82, and with this lineup you won't - nor should you expect "mistake free hockey" with this blue line.

Given the compete level as of late, Elias out, Tally out, Greene out - I'm not too concerned.

It's clear this team needs two things:

1. A contract for Parise

2. A #1 D

Marty hasn't been good this year but this is BS and quite a stretch. The first goal he had no chance. The second goal was debatable and an unlucky bounce and the third was a 2 on 1 on our PP. Marty was NOT the reason we lost tonight just your scapegoat.

false. the last two goals (obviously without the open net) could and probably should have been stopped by marty. you say the last was a 2 on 1 but the defenseman took away the pass so marty new he was getting the shot. of course the guy beats marty gloveside and that was the turning point of the game. we played so well tonight it is so frustrating to lose this one. after that goal, the bullsh!t rangers just poured on the goals and made the game look like a landslide

Yeah, way too much overreaction tonight. I hate losing to the Rangers as much as anyone, but geez.

Devils did a lot of good things, Lundqvist was terrific. Marty remains a concern, can't deny that, but the game wasn't nearly as bad as the score would indicate.

I totally disagree ther, CO.

The pissy board members(myself included) watched a Devils team that racked up 5 goals the past two games and really started getting their chemistry going. We haven't played the Rags so far this season so there was a lot of anticipation built up tonight to see a strong Devils team against a Rags team that is being highlighted on HBO for the WInter Classic. Add to the fact that we put a goalie in there who has shown he is in a steep decline this season but he has a horrible record against the opposing goalie and you've got a good recipe for extra pissiness.

That FATASSED PIZZA MUNCHING SCHLUB OF A FARCE OF A GERIATRIC PUT STANFISCHLER IN NET FATASS GOALTENDER!!!! wife.gifDid anyone tell him eyesight goes at 40? epepep you might as well be 40 the way you're playing! Don't intuit --LOOK! Get CONTACTS!

Langue31.gif

I kid :evil:

Seriously though -- what's with the team just folding in the last 4 minutes?

Oates looked pretty damned mortified with that PP.

Seriously maybe his bowels didn't loosen, but his sphincter puckered fer sure.

"I'd fire me"

false. the last two goals (obviously without the open net) could and probably should have been stopped by marty. you say the last was a 2 on 1 but the defenseman took away the pass so marty new he was getting the shot. of course the guy beats marty gloveside and that was the turning point of the game. we played so well tonight it is so frustrating to lose this one. after that goal, the bullsh!t rangers just poured on the goals and made the game look like a landslide

Yea, Marty should have made the save but that's not the point. The point, is that you can't be the kind of team that has breakdowns on your PP like that. It's not like it happens to us once in a blue moon and Marty doesn't even save it. It happens to us all the time. With that kind of weakness you ain't winning anywhere consistently.

Let me ask you folks - if you could have picked this game or Niedernight to win - which one would you have?

EXACTLY

You an't win all 82, and with this lineup you won't - nor should you expect "mistake free hockey" with this blue line.

Given the compete level as of late, Elias out, Tally out, Greene out - I'm not too concerned.

It's clear this team needs two things:

1. A contract for Parise

2. A #1 D

Agree with this.

Different note, I just wanna say I thought Larsson had a really good game tonight. It's fun watching him develop.

It's definitely going on 10 years since the Devils have beaten the Rangers more than twice in a year. Seriously the Devils can keep that 4 game winning streak. This game means more than that to the fans. If rather them have 6 wins all year and have it be against the Rangers. So insane how discouraging this is. Why did the Devils move to Newark? Its so fvcked up how the Ranger fans completely own the Prudential Center.

We lose our first game in 4 starts and suddenly this team, that came from behind God knows how many times this season to win games and is miles better than what we were seeing here a year ago "has no heart". Give me a break.

I am pissed like hell, yeah. Pissed because when we had the chances, we couldn't do a sh!t about it. THAT is why we lost. We dominated the first half of the game and instead of going up 2:0, we gave it all to the Rangers. Marty? He was part of the problem tonight, just like everybody. The second goal was ridiculous, but come on, the 3rd one was a 2-on-1 odd man rush. The Marty haters are ridiculous jumping on him on every occasion they can when it's our offense that fvcked up big time tonight. Marty would have to get a shutout to let us win tonight. You can't expect your goalies to do that. You expect your offense to score more than one goal. End of story.

I had a bad feeling about this game when we had that 1:0 lead and couldn't beat Lundqvist for sh!t and the exact scenario I was afraid of came true. We lost a game we should have won. I hope Petey D. is ripping them a new one as we speak.

Yea, Marty should have made the save but that's not the point. The point, is that you can't be the kind of team that has breakdowns on your PP like that. It's not like it happens to us once in a blue moon and Marty doesn't even save it. It happens to us all the time. With that kind of weakness you ain't winning anywhere consistently.

ok yea i will actually agree with you here.. but you're right, the entire team has made mistakes tonight, and at the worst times. it would just be nice to know that in crunch time, with your team being broadcast on HBO with a bias that you can rely on your goalie in a save he should've made. but when he only made 17 saves tonight you have to question whether or not he's prepared for these games

I had a bad feeling about this game when we had that 1:0 lead and couldn't beat Lundqvist for sh!t and the exact scenario I was afraid of came true. We lost a game we should have won. I hope Petey D. is ripping them a new one as we speak.

Yea this, and I hope Lou is ripping Petey D a new one for another shorthanded goal allowed and another lead given up.

ok yea i will actually agree with you here.. but you're right, the entire team has made mistakes tonight, and at the worst times. it would just be nice to know that in crunch time, with your team being broadcast on HBO with a bias that you can rely on your goalie in a save he should've made. but when he only made 17 saves tonight you have to question whether or not he's prepared for these games

Much of Marty's career is filled with 17 save nights.

It's definitely going on 10 years since the Devils have beaten the Rangers more than twice in a year. Seriously the Devils can keep that 4 game winning streak. This game means more than that to the fans. If rather them have 6 wins all year and have it be against the Rangers. So insane how discouraging this is. Why did the Devils move to Newark? Its so fvcked up how the Ranger fans completely own the Prudential Center.

:mellow:

It isn't because his pads are illegal, it's how he wears them. He wears max length leg pads and he wears them high on a long set of legs. Same with the shoulder pads. He wears narrow shoulder pads that are angled.

Notice how I said I fvcking hate Kay Whitmore? Read between the lines and you'll see that I'm saying "I know it's legal, but it's fvcking bullsh!t that it's legal." Shoulder pads that go up to your ears? Leg pads that cover your nutsack? Our goalie had an actual talent that kept the opponent off the scoresheet, and the league rewrote the rulebook to stop it. Every other son of a whore turns into a boring ass drop-to-your-knees-and-take-up-space douchebag and the league looks the other way. Hell, they'd rather make the nets bigger than actually regulate the equipment. There used to be a time when, if you wanted to give shooters less net to aim for, you had to come out to cut down the angle. Now you just "angle" your shoulder pads or wear insanely long leg pads loosely so they Go-Go-Gadget into rotating walls when you drop into the butterfly. At this rate, NHL goalies will look like indoor lacrosse goalies.

c6aa5a324edeb1f5768fcadc7fc9.jpeg

Final count: At least three goals that didn't go in because of his ridiculous shoulder pads and at least one that didn't go in because of his ridiculous thigh rise.

I really hate losing to the Rangers. But I hate it even more when we actually earned the win.

Devils played friggin GREAT tonight.

I'm always a Kovalchuk enthusiast. But he played absolutely putrid tonight.

Looked completely listless when the puck wasn't on his check. Only top-6 player on the ice who wsn't forechecking his balls off.

yo buddy i actually completely disagree. i feel like Kovy was literally like the "quarterback" the entire game tonight. he made good decisions for the most part and i feel like the entire team gave the puck to him when they wanted to get something set up or make something happen. i thought he played pretty strong

What sucks too is that this game might set the tone for the rest of the Rangers rivalry this year. And if the Rags fans smell blood, it might get nasty at the Rock, just like it was in 2007/08 with them absolutely embarrasing us in our arena looking like MSG2.

Much of Marty's career is filled with 17 save nights.

ok well you know what i mean. when you're facing 20 shots, saving just 17 of them is nothing to brag about. especially when you are broadcasted on an hbo series. come on, you cant actually be saying that Marty was stellar tonight.

Brodeur didn't give them a chance to win. He looked bad the whole game, and obviously couldn't make a big save all night. When it was still 1-0 he lets a weak wrister from the blue line get by anda it went of post. The first goal was a bad break. Foster should have had that puck and that tip went right on anisimovs stick. However, the second goal was pathetic. How does he let a backhand floater from that angle off the cross bar? Ahl goalies read plays better than that. And the third goal was terrible also. Foster had the pass, why is he getting beat clean like that? He gives opponents the glove side cuz he thinks he's got a great glove, but how many times have we seen him get beaten glove on a breakaway. So pathetic.