GDT: Rangers vs. Devils

snartly

I remember that run and honestly Marty was not really a major reason why we won them. There were a good amount of ties and the rags were outright terrible and the devils were much better then.

I'm not arguing he was, even though I was at many of those games and know that he was. But that wasn't my point. It was just to say that we can't forget about it. wait...wait...wait, what am I doing here...now we are going after Marty in his prime...I'm not going into this silly debate...you are a Devils fan right?

You know it has to do with the Rangers just being a better all around team for the last couple years. The wheel of fortune spins...there was those years not too long ago that the Rangers didn't beat us in regulation for like 25 straight games.

Also, let's not forget Marty's career record vs. the Rags is quite impressive.

I understand. It's just very sad for the fans. It's truly embarrassing. There just doesn't seem to ever be an end to it. If Brodeur is 6-21 that's 5 years of this crap.

alright alright, i gotta get off this board. i am only getting more depressed. we gotta come back friday and get back on track. we cant let this get to us too badly. have a good night guys ill see ya lataaaa :cheers:

ill just be drinking myself to sleep tonight

Edited by Onddeck

I understand. It's just very sad for the fans. It's truly embarrassing. There just doesn't seem to ever be an end to it. If Brodeur is 6-21 that's 5 years of this crap.

Agreed. I think a big part of it for us fans is that we never really got our "credit". While we were amazing the Rangers fans denied it and pretended it never happened. We for the most part stayed humble and didn't mention it. Now that the Rags are good, their fans can't shut up about us or themselves.

I'm not arguing he was, even though I was at many of those games and know that he was. But that wasn't my point. It was just to say that we can't forget about it. wait...wait...wait, what am I doing here...now we are going after Marty in his prime...I'm not going into this silly debate...you are a Devils fan right?

So how come we cannot forget what happened 10 years ago vs the rags yet we have to ignore his play vs these clowns for the past five years (even though apparently Marty has been amazing these past five years with exactly two rounds won and a crap record against the queen)

Agreed. I think a big part of it for us fans is that we never really got our "credit". While we were amazing the Rangers fans denied it and pretended it never happened. We for the most part stayed humble and didn't mention it. Now that the Rags are good, their fans can't shut up about us or themselves.

The Rags haven't shwon any reason why they're different this season from the most recent season's past. They get a good jump thorugh the first half then manage to barely make the playoffs.

I can agree with you on this.

I have about four friends who are rags fans blowing up my phone now.

I need new friends.

At this point its on the players. It really needs to be addressed.

Honestly I thought Elias missing wad glaring tonight. Mostly it was from our third and forth lines instantly becoming much weaker. We have actually looked like a contender the last couple of games with (almost) everyone back. This team is hanging by a thread.

So how come we cannot forget what happened 10 years ago vs the rags yet we have to ignore his play vs these clowns for the past five years (even though apparently Marty has been amazing these past five years with exactly two rounds won and a crap record against the queen)

We shouldn't but to scapegoat him completely and to start criticizing his whole career because of how he's playing now is unfair. We shouldn't disrespect one of the greatest Devils by taking away a career of accomplishment for a few season of frustration.

Edited by ben00rs

Honestly I thought Elias missing wad glaring tonight. Mostly it was from our third and forth lines instantly becoming much weaker. We have actually looked like a contender the last couple of games with (almost) everyone back. This team is hanging by a thread.

It cant possibly be just on the fact that Elias is out. I know he has some big skates to fill but still.

I realized that! But It's strange because wtf have the Rangers even done? Because they're doing well the first 30 games of this season they're just magically the best team ever? It's comical. They always start out like this and fade towards the end of the year.

We shouldn't but to scapegoat him completely and to start criticizing his whole career because of how he's playing now is unfair. We shouldn't disrespect one of the greatest Devils by taking away a career of accomplishment for a few season of frustration.

Eh fair enough I'm just pissed I guess.

I realized that! But It's strange because wtf have the Rangers even done? Because they're doing well the first 30 games of this season they're just magically the best team ever? It's comical. They always start out like this and fade towards the end of the year.

They're a better team this year. I'm not sure if people really realize that, yet. They have much better quality depth.

this is rational thinking, and we all should mellow out about losing the first game to the rags this season...............but it just hurts so much losing to that effen team

Please a post like this is only doing the opposite of the point you are trying to make.

Marty has been declining for some time and the queen has had his number for years. He simply cannot play in high pressure situations anymore and really never has done all that well in these type of games in recent years.

It is amazing the justifications the fanboys of Marty on here make to defend him. What he has don't in the past is the past. He simply cannot beat the rags anymore. He was terrible and I thought the rest of the team was at least solid tonight.

Yeah... you totally didn't get my point. This isn't about Marty. This is about the negative posters who come on here to "celebrate" our losses by pointing out how right they were and how all the other posters are idiots for supporting our players good times and bad. Whether its Marty or Kovy bashers, it's the same sh!t. Wait for a game when they don't play well and come on NJDevs to post about how they "saw this coming" or say things like "everyone was laughing at me when I said this would happen yesterday". Nobody cares about how long ago you "called" that Marty was declining. As far as I can tell, nobody is even arguing the fact that Marty isn't as good as he used to be. The difference is some of us try and support our players, especially our aging all-time great players, even if we know they aren't what they used to be. Other people just bash away and love it when the player struggles, because it "proves" they're right.

• Like 1

It cant possibly be just on the fact that Elias is out. I know he has some big skates to fill but still.

Outside the first couple of lines the devils didn't generate too many chances. Clarkson had a couple of chances but that's it.

The third line the last couple of games with zajac on he third line made them instantly better and carter on the forth actually gave us something that resembles a forth line.

They're a better team this year. I'm not sure if people really realize that, yet. They have much better quality depth.

Absolutely. The Rangers, even last year are a new team. A great amount of superstar talent mixed with young star depth and key role players. If Staal can get back they will be a contender.

Eh fair enough I'm just pissed I guess.

Like I argued before, I get why everyone on this board is saying F this F that. Im doing it too. It sucks to lose to the NYR at home, especially when we really though we were about to win.

to put this loss on 'not playing 60 minutes' is hilarious. dinLA had it earlier, there's other teams in the NHL trying to win, and the devils play against them every night.

What we are arguing though is that it's the same mistakes that killed us again.