GDT: Rangers vs. Devils

snartly

They're a better team this year. I'm not sure if people really realize that, yet. They have much better quality depth.

its kinda scary that they have a bunch of injuries too and are still playing this good, and they call up a kid like Hagelin and he looks like a veteran, we call up a Napalm and........

Outside the first couple of lines the devils didn't generate too many chances. Clarkson had a couple of chances but that's it.

The third line the last couple of games with zajac on he third line made them instantly better and carter on the forth actually gave us something that resembles a forth line.

Valid points. It just seems like its tough to put it all on one player. Elias is one of my favorite Devils/Hockey players of all time, but would he have really made a huge difference in this game tonight? Maybe, maybe not.

Edited by Quinn01

Yeah... you totally didn't get my point. This isn't about Marty. This is about the negative posters who come on here to "celebrate" our losses by pointing out how right they were and how all the other posters are idiots for supporting our players good times and bad. Whether its Marty or Kovy bashers, it's the same sh!t. Wait for a game when they don't play well and come on NJDevs to post about how they "saw this coming" or say things like "everyone was laughing at me when I said this would happen yesterday". Nobody cares about how long ago you "called" that Marty was declining. As far as I can tell, nobody is even arguing the fact that Marty isn't as good as he used to be. The difference is some of us try and support our players, especially our aging all-time great players, even if we know they aren't what they used to be. Other people just bash away and love it when the player struggles, because it "proves" they're right.

I'm on here when the devils win too, so don't play that card on me.

If you see the posts as celebrations of Marty failing then that is on you as I see the posts as people venting.

And tonight's first star of the game ... Vaughn 7500!

January800_2.jpg

This league ....... total joke ......

LOL, this is true! last year I looked him up on NHL.com and was amazed to see he was only listed at 6'1". I was certain he was one of the 6-4" to 6'-7" swedes the way his butterfly covers the top of the corners. theres only 3" of space below the cross bar to shoot at in a full butterfly, and thos postal service leg pads cover the entire goal mouth

its only going to get worse daneyko, they're shipping them over from the nordic countries at 6'6" and 6'7" now and they're flexible as all hell! hate to say it, but we need us one!

Valid points. It just seems like its tough to put it all on one player. Elias is one of my favorite Devils/Hockey players of all time, but would he have really made a huge difference in this game tonight? Maybe, maybe not.

Just a change of chemistry could sometimes be enough to do it. Hell it was beating to death on here about how it will change with zajac coming back and those people might be right. With Kovy and parise on the same line and when zajac was out we were a little thin up front, especially the bottom six. Still a little too early to say for sure but def worthy of following the next few games with Elias back in.

Edited by DevsMan84

Just a change of chemistry could sometimes be enough to do it. Hell it was beating to death on here about how it will change with zajac coming back and those people might be right. With Kovy and parise on the same line and when zajac was out we were a little thin up front, especially the bottom six. Still a little too early to say for sure but def worthy of following the next few games with Elias back in.

Touche. Still just frustrating as hell to watch. :argh:

Nothing like signing onto facebook and seeing from the NHL's facebook page:

In the first meeting of the season between the Atlantic division rivals New York Rangers and New Jersey Devils, Rangers' Marian Gaborik found a loose puck in the crease to give New York a third period lead.

Think this was an All-Star move? Have your say here: http://bit.ly/tq6U5B

with 146 likes and 53 comments.

Edited by Quinn01

Yeah... you totally didn't get my point. This isn't about Marty. This is about the negative posters who come on here to "celebrate" our losses by pointing out how right they were and how all the other posters are idiots for supporting our players good times and bad. Whether its Marty or Kovy bashers, it's the same sh!t. Wait for a game when they don't play well and come on NJDevs to post about how they "saw this coming" or say things like "everyone was laughing at me when I said this would happen yesterday". Nobody cares about how long ago you "called" that Marty was declining. As far as I can tell, nobody is even arguing the fact that Marty isn't as good as he used to be. The difference is some of us try and support our players, especially our aging all-time great players, even if we know they aren't what they used to be. Other people just bash away and love it when the player struggles, because it "proves" they're right.

But....why should a member be segregated and finger pointed at because they are "right" or they "called it" when there is FACT involved? If fact is involved, how can someone be wrong? There are people that i take as more credible in opinion then others, but if they are right they are right.

What makes a member any less credible then the fan who can't see past poor play, declining skills or any other quality that makes that player less desireable to the other member?

It seems that being a fan takes precedent over fact. Fact is you can cheer, support and back something all you want, however you have to accept the cruel reality when it's presented to you. This team has alot of cruel realities awaiting. I hate it as much as anyone, and i hate having to discuss and admit alot of things about a team and players i love, but it is what it is right now.

alright alright, i gotta get off this board. i am only getting more depressed. we gotta come back friday and get back on track. we cant let this get to us too badly. have a good night guys ill see ya lataaaa :cheers:

ill just be drinking myself to sleep tonight

lol this, good night dear ondeck

:doh1:

Please. They don't impress me. They shouldve lost to Phoenix, got owned by St Louis..shut out by the Stars..I've seen Montreal crush them. They've had an easy schedule.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda...they beat us again, and they've been beating a lot of teams. People don't realize they added Richards to a 93-point team and are only going to be that much better with Staal back - *if* he comes back and their young players gaining experience (yes I know, ours are too but we were an 80-point team and lost some vet leadership in the offseason).

He wouldn't have stopped the second goal Marty allowed. The Devils more or less dominated the first two periods, the only bad stretch they had was the first few minutes of the third but as usual Henry puts up the forcefield, and Marty can't raise his game against him.

And Elias, for his greatness sure hasn't been helping the POWER PLAY OF DOOM either :argh:

What makes a member any less credible then the fan who can't see past poor play, declining skills or any other quality that makes that player less desireable to the other member?

i mean no offense im trying to understand you guys until this game i know its not just another game but you go between stat vs. heart arguements and you dont get either

we move on and fvck the rangers

you hang the season on how they won

I love the continuous "Rangers are for real" comments. They put up 21 shots tonight and got 4 goals. Lundqvist let in 1 out of 31 shots. This is the story of their season. There is no amazingly deep team there that is a true contender. What you have is a team that puts up very few shots on goals every night, gets lots of goals, and lets in very few. Don't you people understand that the FUNDAMENTALS of that team are very soft? Once their abnormally high scoring percentage goes down, or their abnormally high save percentage goes down, or both, you'll all be asking yourselves "what happened to the Rangers?"

Edited by Amberite

I'm on here when the devils win too, so don't play that card on me.

Huh? When did I say otherwise?

The point isn't that you're here, the point is you're here saying things like "lol see guys, you all laughed at me when I said marty was declining but let's see who's laughing now". That's just such a sh!tty thing to say. And like I said, this isn't directed only at you. There are others who always say similar things and it's really annoying.

If you see the posts as celebrations of Marty failing then that is on you as I see the posts as people venting.

Like I said, we are all frustrated about losing. But if your way of taking out frustration is to smugly brag to the other posters about how right you were about us not winning/one of our players not playing well, then it's on you. That's just not something a real fan says in my mind.

People like you and others always see games as win/win. If we win, you celebrate like everyone else. If we lose, you "celebrate" by rubbing it in other fans' faces that you "saw this coming".

rags always answer back and yes they are injured, if we go up two i think thats the differance, instead i think our precious zajac goal took three try trys and thats it, thats not enough imo period.

just like someone else said rags see us missing chances well good night gracie

Just got back from the game. Man, that sucked, having to hear those Blueballs fans singing and talking sh!t once they got the lead and thru the rest of the game.

I thought we outplayed them, for the most part, but I haven't read the thread yet. What's the consensus on why we lost?

Edited by 95Crash

I love the continuous "Rangers are for real" comments. They put up 21 shots tonight and got 4 goals. Lundqvist let in 1 out of 31 shots. This is the story of their season. There is no amazingly deep team there that is a true contender. What you have is a team that puts up very few shots on goals every night, gets lots of goals, and lets in very few. Don't you people understand that the FUNDAMENTALS of that team are very soft? Once their abnormally high scoring percentage goes down, or their abnormally high save percentage goes down, or both, you'll all be asking yourselves "what happened to the Rangers?"

They are not "for real" based on tonight, they are "for real" based on their development over the past two years.

Like I said, we are all frustrated about losing. But if your way of taking out frustration is to smugly brag to the other posters about how right you were about us not winning/one of our players not playing well, then it's on you. That's just not something a real fan says in my mind.

People like you and others always see games as win/win. If we win, you celebrate like everyone else. If we lose, you "celebrate" by rubbing it in other fans' faces that you "saw this coming".

I do have to admit that these types of posters (more recent in the last years) are what truly makes this place maddening.

Win 3 games in a row and we're a deadline day piece from becoming a contendor....

Lose one game to a team we care about, or have a better record than, and we are a franchise on the decline...

You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Just got back from the game. Man, that sucked, having to hear those Blueballs fans singing and talking sh!t once they got the lead and thru the rest of the game.

I thought we outplayed them, for the most part, but I haven't read the thread yet. What's the consensus on why we lost?

Pretty much sums it up, 95.

176395_o.gif

I proudly state that I am a Kovalchuk basher and come on here when he does good and bad. Call me what you want, but you cannot deny the facts.

1. Kovalchuk is NOT a team player. He wants the puck and at times it is wrong for him to have it, yet he continues to hold onto it.

2. His contract has severly handicapped this team which is equally the fault of him (for asking for it) and the team for giving it to him. This TEAM used to be about let's build the best team in the league through hard-work and solid defensive mindset. I've NEVER seen a team in hockey history who doesn't have a strong defense commitment win a championship.

3. The turn-overs he gives to the other team are almost comical and predictable.

4. A true "superstar" brings players to the next level by making his teammates around him better. Sometimes Kovalchuk is able to get them the puck, but he hasn't really made them better players by doing so like others like Toews, Hossa, Kopitar, Selanne, Yzerman, Shanahan, and even Mario Lemieux who I hate.

5. The plus/minus is a flawed stat, but there are ONLY so many coincidental "opps I just go on the ice they scored" moments. Let's go through last year and this year and see exactly how many of those actually took place and subtract that number from his total points. What will we see?

Do I chuckle when Kovalchuk turns over the puck and the Devils give up a goal. Absolutely. There is nothing left to do. I'm not here to say I know it all, but with this guy I have been spot on. I find the Devils almost difficult to watch and cheer for because of the direction they have gone in. I'm not saying change is wrong, but this change appears to be on a downward spiral.

I do have to admit that these types of posters (more recent in the last years) are what truly makes this place maddening.

Win 3 games in a row and we're a deadline day piece from becoming a contendor....

Lose one game to a team we care about, or have a better record than, and we are a franchise on the decline...

You can't have your cake and eat it too.

I don't think anyone acts like this outside of MantaRay and he's the resident Debbie Downer. Now if you'll excuse me, Teen Mom 2 is on.