GDT: Rangers vs. Devils

snartly

LGD!

Why the hell is Marty starting again??!! This is a big game in many ways and he has been struggling lately and all season.

Yeah I agree.. I'd have gone with Moose.. Marty is averaging giving up just over 3 goals a game and our offensive explosion has been bailing him out.. I think if he gets creamed in this game we will see Moose become the #1

DLA'C BN ELFMDC!

HPKG AQL IOJBLIC!

HPKG 'LS ODD!

AQLR OIL CQMA!

AQLR CPTTNIA OD UOLEO!

IMKQOIEC MC O KNGL-QLOE!

DPJEUFMCA MC O KINCCEILCCLI!

LET'S GO DEVILS!

fvck THE RANGERS!

fvck 'EM ALL!

THEY ARE sh!t!

THEY SUPPORT AL QAEDA!

RICHARDS IS A COKE-HEAD!

LUNDQVIST IS A CROSSDRESSER!

Avery designs metrosexual clothing for the effeminate douchebag.

LET'S GO DEVILS!

saw on the recent nj.com article Elias attended the team Christmas party but 'too sick to practice monday' :unsure: hope that's not gonna keep him out tonight

DeBoer also was sick after warmups... I SMELL CONSPIRACY!:giggle:

Anyway Larsson plans to play tonight, then head home to Sweden for his grandmother's funeral.

Yeah I agree.. I'd have gone with Moose.. Marty is averaging giving up just over 3 goals a game and our offensive explosion has been bailing him out.. I think if he gets creamed in this game we will see Moose become the #1

Hedberg is at an .894 SV% for December and Marty is at .883. Not really a huge difference either way. On 25 shots they'll both give up in the 2-3 range, on average. Qualitatively, I'd say Marty has faced tougher shots in December as well, but that's just off the top of my head, I might feel differently if I went and watched game tape.

Hedberg is at an .894 SV% for December and Marty is at .883. Not really a huge difference either way. On 25 shots they'll both give up in the 2-3 range, on average. Qualitatively, I'd say Marty has faced tougher shots in December as well, but that's just off the top of my head, I might feel differently if I went and watched game tape.

Good post. Moose has given up 10 in his last three games so neither has been lights out. This could be a major confidence boost if Marty plays well

I think quite the opposite and that Moose has faced tougher shots lately.

Either way I just hope we come away with a win tonight. I really do not want to hear it from Rags idiots.

Patty not at the morning skate, per TG. Most likely not playing tonight. Just wonderful.

:doh1:

itll be interesting to see Zajac in the middle on the second line tonight. i hope they play smoothly, we need this one. come on boys. LGD!

Why wouldnt he? He has a few games under his belt, he has looked strong and quick (last game with a quick break away up the boards).

Devils coach Pete DeBoer said Patrik Elias won't play tonight vs. Rangers because he is ill. -TG

ARRRRGGGGHHH!

NJ.com reports that its just a 24 hour bug and he should be good by tomorrow.

TG also reported that DeBoer is feeling the pressure to get a win tonight with HBO being there and his two sons that watch the show.

I also thought this was pretty funny from TG:

DeBoer on profanity on 24/7: “My kids are, I guess, a little immune to that having been around me.”

Lines from this mornings skate:

Parise-Henrique-Kovalchuk

Sykora-Zajac-Zubrus

Tedenby-Carter-Clarkson

Boulton-Sestito-Janssen.

Salvador-Larsson,

Volchenkov-Foster;

Taormina-Fanye.

Edited by Quinn01

LGD!

Why the hell is Marty starting again??!! This is a big game in many ways and he has been struggling lately and all season.

He's actually at .905 over his last five. So he has been playing better lately (though still not great).

Hedberg has the better numbers overall by a good margin, but hasn't been on fire lately either. I probably would've given Hedberg this one, but since DeBoer didn't, here's to hoping Marty has a big one in him tonight.

Go MARTY! Go DEVILS!