GDT: Rangers vs. Devils

snartly

Everyone on the last 2 pages should take all their Devils gear, and give it to someone who actually knows something about hockey.

The Devils played a great game, Lundqvist just played amazing. We got unlucky. Stop pretending like any of you know anything about hockey. Seriously, this group of fans is un-fvcking-believable. Go away fair weather fans.

Wow. I'm so sick of this fvcking team losing to the Rangers. This is why I don't go to these games because they get fvcking embarrassed. They can't sell out their own ring..and when they do its just Ranger fans cheering because the devils just got their fvcking asses kicked. They NEVER fvcking beat this team. Brodeur is really 6-21? Vs Henrik? fvcking kill yourselves Devils you embarrass the sh!t out of us as fans.

And I was laughed at here when I said Marty is old and slow.

Throes whatever bullsh!t stats or accomplishments you can dig up from years ago. That's the past and right now he is a big cause of a good number of losses now. Also now that he has a very average defense, you see how he really is without Stevens and company ybailing him out.

Don't be a clown. Yes, he's not looking good right now, but he's 39 years old. Yes, he may very well be declining right before our very eyes. But you've been making it sound like he's been playing like this for years, where he hasn't been.

Yeah, we saw how he played without "Stevens and Co.". Pretty damned well until the first half of last season.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Anyday now, this team will find a stud PP point man. Maybe after 20 SH goals.

If you haven't watched the NYR this season, you just saw exactly how they play.

They're a much better team with pretty much the same amount of skill. THe difference is one team plays fundamental, mistake free hockey the other does not.

Which is why one will be playing in April and the other won't.

Really? Better team? Mistake free? I see a world class goalie standing on his head against a much better 5 on 5 team that's losing because of a bottom tier goalie and a brainless fvcksticks power play.

we're blaming marty because i honestly think we outplayed the rangers tonight. he let in one or two goals that should not have been let in. the guy faced 20 shots and let 3 in.

we had like 11 more sog than they did and played with a ton of energy. i was criticized for saying that marty is on the obvious downside of his career and now look, im saying the guy should not have even gotten the start tonight. what a disappointment, i am pissed

Everyone on the last 2 pages should take all their Devils gear, and give it to someone who actually knows something about hockey.

The Devils played a great game, Lundqvist just played amazing. We got unlucky. Stop pretending like any of you know anything about hockey. Seriously, this group of fans is un-fvcking-believable. Go away fair weather fans.

Ok, this is not true either. We needed to play much better than we did. We didn't put any of our shots where they needed to be, our finishing was horrible. We also didn't extend our first period play throughout the game as usual - that is frustrating, that we didn't just lose but we did it in a way that it looked like we might have been moving passed.

Secondly, if you can't understand that a lot of these posters are shouting angry things because we just lost at home to the Rangers and that frustrates a Devils fan then maybe you just don't have the passion these guys do and that's ok.

Ok, it sucks they lost to the Rangers, but let's not start with the bridge-jumping eh? They had won 4 in a row and 6 of 7 coming in, pus Elias was out. So everyone relax and don't freak out.

o ill be the first to say we are still playing good hockey (in our last 10 or so games). but im pissed we did not show up tonight. such a disappointment

I have no intention of reading this GDT - I avoided it tonight for the exact reason that the two posters above me have alluded to.

The typical members will be uber negative and pissy tonight. Typical.

Devils played a good game (or so I thought), but Marty probably should've stopped both the 2nd and 3rd goals. Oh well, on to the next one

...and apparently again the sky is falling..... :boogie:

Yeah, way too much overreaction tonight. I hate losing to the Rangers as much as anyone, but geez.

Devils did a lot of good things, Lundqvist was terrific. Marty remains a concern, can't deny that, but the game wasn't nearly as bad as the score would indicate.

Ok, it sucks they lost to the Rangers, but let's not start with the bridge-jumping eh? They had won 4 in a row and 6 of 7 coming in, plus Elias was out. So everyone relax and don't freak out.

Agreed.

...and apparently again the sky is falling..... :boogie:

It's not falling, it's reality bought back to earth that this team STILL makes entirely too many mistakes.

A 10th SH goal allowed to boot and still the lack of finsihing against a goaltender who has made this team and a end of the road HOF'er his personal bitches season in and out.

Losing elias hurt, but the Devils played the NYR game after the Anisimov goal.

Edited by SJP20

we're blaming marty because i honestly think we outplayed the rangers tonight. he let in one or two goals that should not have been let in. the guy faced 20 shots and let 3 in.

we had like 11 more sog than they did and played with a ton of energy. i was criticized for saying that marty is on the obvious downside of his career and now look, im saying the guy should not have even gotten the start tonight. what a disappointment, i am pissed

Marty hasn't been good this year but this is BS and quite a stretch. The first goal he had no chance. The second goal was debatable and an unlucky bounce and the third was a 2 on 1 on our PP. Marty was NOT the reason we lost tonight just your scapegoat.