Just imagine a sold out rock full of devils fans

davemooch

The Rock is right off Penn Station, which has Amtrak and connections to Philly via NJT and SEPTA. So it's not that hard to get to for a couple of times a year. But yeah I've noticed their fanbase at our games has decreased since 2007(not that I'm complaining). Opening night this year was VERY low compared to opening night 2 years ago.

Exactly. I've said something like this on another board. If I'm a casual fan, why should spend money on your product when I have no idea who you are and what you're about? Who are the Devils? Who are these guys that I have trouble pronouncing their names? Will I get my money's worth more times than not? Stuff like that. Cutting down the prices is obviously necessary but marketing the club and its players is also very important. As cheesy as it was refer to the Blackhawks and their carols. Don't even have to resort to that; just copy what the Capitals, Sharks, Pens and even Flyers have done. And guess what? Those teams sell out, even on weeknights against nondraws.

You are absolutely correct. If you had the 2000 Devils playing at the Rock it would be a sellout every night. The CAA was a horror to travel to, but I went to 20 games a season because they were awesome to watch as a result of their talent and competitive nature.

I maybe spoiled but the current Devils don't provide the same urgency for me to watch these days.

Someone asked what can we do to make it better.

One thing fans can do is not be afraid/reluctant to make noise. I know some fans say they just like to be quiet and watch the game. That's fine. There are fans like that in every city. So this is not really directed toward them. But for the fans who do like the clap and cheer or whatever, I say keep it going even when we are losing.

I was at the Rangers-Devils game the other night, and after the Rangers tied it and/or took the lead, when the Rangers fans around me tried to get a Let's Go Rangers chant going, I started chanting Let's Go Devils instead. In the least, it muddied up their chant enough so that I didn't have to hear it. If enough Devils fans in the arena always did that, it would drown their chants out. Other times, I also tried changing their chant to Go Home Rangers. Either way, anything to kill their chants.

The more often we can stifle/kill their chants, the less likely they will be to try it again in the future. And conversely, the more often they are successful in getting their chants going, the more likely they are to do it again ... louder.

Edited by 95Crash

Someone asked what can we do to make it better.

One thing fans can do is not be afraid/reluctant to make noise. I know some fans say they just like to be quiet and watch the game. That's fine. There are fans like that in every city. So this is not really directed toward them. But for the fans who do like the clap and cheer or whatever, I say keep it going even when we are losing.

I was at the Rangers-Devils game the other night, and after the Rangers tied it and/or took the lead, when the Rangers fans around me tried to get a Let's Go Rangers chant going, I started chanting Let's Go Devils instead. In the least, it muddied up their chant enough so that I didn't have to hear it. If enough Devils fans in the arena always did that, it would drown their chants out. Other times, I also tried changing their chant to Go Home Rangers. Either way, anything to kill their chants.

The more often we can stifle/kill their chants, the less likely they will be to try it again in the future. And conversely, the more often they are successful in getting their chants going, the more likely they are to do it again ... louder.

This. I've been at games where I felt like an a$$hole because I'm the only person in my section cheering. It finally gets loud after goals. The Supporters Section was a great idea to get Devs fans together to keep the building loud and positive, no matter what. Too bad the team sh!tcanned that, but that's a discussion for a different thread.

This. I've been at games where I felt like an a$$hole because I'm the only person in my section cheering. It finally gets loud after goals. The Supporters Section was a great idea to get Devs fans together to keep the building loud and positive, no matter what. Too bad the team sh!tcanned that, but that's a discussion for a different thread.

The team cancelled the supporter section???? I hated sitting there, but I respected their enthusiasm. That was a huge mistake by the organization. Just dumb.

I agree with Rags and Flyers, but not Habs. They're loud, they invade the arena, and they love their team, but they're not there to start trouble. I've had nothing but positive interactions with them. And I've had bad interactions with other fans.

I have to disagree. They are some of the most disrespectful people I've ever encountered. They sh!t on our national anthem and country every chance they get. Their self-entitled attitude has no basis in reality and is out of control. They are just as bad as Rags and Flyers fans in my opinion, but they just handle themselves differently (and, in typical French fashion, when you confront them, they back down).

I've relayed this story before, but at the last home game against Montreal last season, where the Rock had like 10,000 Habs fans in it, the row from Montreal in front of us started crap all night and gave teh Hitler salute when they showed the returning US soldier of the game on the scoreboard. When that happened, all hell broke loose between them and the four of us sitting behind them. They kept claiming they didn't understand English, although they were speaking it all night, and said they were stretching. Eventually, Security calmed the situation down. Unfortunately, this was not an isolated incident as I've heard from many people that this kind of stuff happened all over the arena that night.

I have to disagree. They are some of the most disrespectful people I've ever encountered. They sh!t on our national anthem and country every chance they get. Their self-entitled attitude has no basis in reality and is out of control. They are just as bad as Rags and Flyers fans in my opinion, but they just handle themselves differently (and, in typical French fashion, when you confront them, they back down).

I've relayed this story before, but at the last home game against Montreal last season, where the Rock had like 10,000 Habs fans in it, the row from Montreal in front of us started crap all night and gave teh Hitler salute when they showed the returning US soldier of the game on the scoreboard. When that happened, all hell broke loose between them and the four of us sitting behind them. They kept claiming they didn't understand English, although they were speaking it all night, and said they were stretching. Eventually, Security calmed the situation down. Unfortunately, this was not an isolated incident as I've heard from many people that this kind of stuff happened all over the arena that night.

This sounds about right with them based off of what I have seen at the Rock.

Also for some reason the Devils are declaring tomorrow night's game at the Rock a college night with $50 lowers and $25 uppers. This is at least according to the email the Devils sent me. I find this odd as this seems to be a pretty full game and even the inventory for this game on stubhub is pretty low.

I love it when the Rock is filled with Rangers fans. The atmosphere is way more exciting when you have competing chants and fans taunting each other after every goal and cracking jokes back and forth. When it's all fans of the same team in the building, it's not as much fun. It's the same thing when I go to see Yankees games against Boston. The fans screaming at each other and getting into fights makes the games hilarious.

Same here. I've been at games before were other Devils fans were telling me to relax. Like ..na, sorry, fvck you. I paid for these seats and I'm die hard. I will cheer as loud as I want. I respect the kids that are around. I don't curse but I'm definitely cheering very, very loudly..trying to pump other people up and they just don't get it and thats why the Rock is soft like a beach ball.

Wow. This makes me want to go to a Devils Habs game SO badly right now. Those scumbags.

Same here. I've been at games before were other Devils fans were telling me to relax. Like ..na, sorry, fvck you. I paid for these seats and I'm die hard. I will cheer as loud as I want. I respect the kids that are around. I don't curse but I'm definitely cheering very, very loudly..trying to pump other people up and they just don't get it and thats why the Rock is soft like a beach ball.

I tend to be overall somewhat quiet at games, but will participate in most of the cheers at the rock. When someone like you who is cheering and trying to get the section into it, I actually kinda admire it and usually try to join in as long as it is not overly obnoxious.

I tend to be overall somewhat quiet at games, but will participate in most of the cheers at the rock. When someone like you who is cheering and trying to get the section into it, I actually kinda admire it and usually try to join in as long as it is not overly obnoxious.

A couple of games ago there was this drunk gasbag behind me that was annoying me and I wanted nothing to do with him...but when he tried to start the Devil chant I was like 'great, finally the first intelligent thing he's doing all night' - but then he screwed that up by going 'Give me an D...give me an E...give me an V...give me an L...give me an S'. Yes he forgot the I...that tells you the guy's in the bag :P

A couple of games ago there was this drunk gasbag behind me that was annoying me and I wanted nothing to do with him...but when he tried to start the Devil chant I was like 'great, finally the first intelligent thing he's doing all night' - but then he screwed that up by going 'Give me an D...give me an E...give me an V...give me an L...give me an S'. Yes he forgot the I...that tells you the guy's in the bag :P

Haha well when they are drunk then I do not bother joining in on them as it usually only makes things worse.

i remember as a kid at the continental and the other team gets hit and goes down, obvious dive, not a stevens hit more like a hide your face and wait it out for the whistle, the guy was on the ice for like 10 seconds and im the only kid screaming "get the fvck up" i swear he could hear me and this guy in front of me is reading the courier.

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

Tonight's game was a sellout. Now every seat wasn"t filled but sold out. Wanna know the dumba** that buy lower level expensive seats and choose not to show up.