World Junior Championship

SterioDesign

yea, that may be true (I didn't watch, so... whatever), but he is a defenseman. I'd be interested in seeing time on ice, blocked shots, and checks, personally.

yea, that may be true (I didn't watch, so... whatever), but he is a defenseman. I'd be interested in seeing time on ice, blocked shots, and checks, personally.

I haven't been able to find those stats recorded anywhere from the IIHF unfortunately.

I wouldn't use point production to evaluate Merrill in this tournament. From what I've watched he has been real up and down but one of the better players for the US. It is evident at times that he is just facing his first live game action in quite some time. I've been impressed with his skating, vision, and offensive game. He is on the first PP unit for the US and has set up some decent scoring opportunities as well as helped them advance the puck through the neutral zone. His defensive play has been fine minus a few careless turnovers but I'm sure its hard to not play all year and have to jump into the WJC. Hopefully he can get himself back into the Michigan line up and continue to develop. His game needs work like all prospects but he has the skills to be a very good defensemen for the Devils down the road.

at some point goalies need to become fair game. i like etem. i dont care for wedgewood :D

fair play...?

since when players can slide tackles other players? thats a penalty lol

:troll1:

;)

the goalies in the RUS - CZE game right now are mindblowing

Vasilevski is available in this year draft, and the play by play guy just said on tv that he was talking with Conte about players and that David kinda went out of his way to say that Vasilevski was "really really good"

i really think that if he's available in the 2nd or 3rd round that we will draft him

obviously i never heard about this guy before but if Conte he's high on him already well

Canada vs Russa in semi-final !

time for a revenge

Just looked him up. Vasilevski is only 17, but everyone sure has positive things to say about him. He's slightly tall, and not very large, so he should be an athletic goalie, which is always nice.

Hockey's Future has a little bit about him.

What a game between Sweden and Finland! Finland blew a 2-0 lead, with Sweden tying the game up with 1:44 left, then lost in the shoot out when Mikael Granlund Kovalchuk'd the puck. What a heartbreaking loss for them. I was surprised they even held on that long, Sweden dominated most of the play putting 58 shots on net, and despite Sami Aittokallio making 56 saves, he was handing out juicy rebounds all game long that the Swedes couldn't take advantage of.

Horrible play by Murray. Bad turnover, bad slide to deflect the puck in, and he wipes out Wedgewood in the process. Wedgewood had no chance on the play. 1-0 RUS

Damnit, Russia scores on the PP. Puck once again deflects of Ryan Murray. Tons of traffic out front, Wedgewood didn't have much of a chance. 2-0 RUS

Edited by thefiestygoat

Connolly brings Canada to within 1 but Russia gets it right back. 3-1 RUS 2nd Period

EDIT: Wow, as the announcers pointed out on the replay, the 3rd Russian goal wasn't such a bad play by Wedgewood. Went in off Murray again! All 3 Russian goals have gone off Murray!

Edited by thefiestygoat

I haven't been a fan of the officiating in this game. I can't believe they just threw out Boone Jenner for a tap after a guy hit him up high. Canada has every right to be pissed.

There's no question he speared him though, and spearing is an automatic major and a game misconduct. The spear wasn't that severe but you have to keep your composure and know the rules.

I thought this was a tough game to officiate, but they did a pretty good job in my opinion. The only calls I disagreed with were that there should have been a goalie interference call when Wedgewood got knocked out of the game, a roughing call when Connolly punched the Russian defenseman in the neck at the start of the third, and either a trip or penalty shot called when Kuznetsov's breakaway was impeded and the guy didn't get any of the puck, but then again it is easier to ref a game while watching on TV with an outside elevated view and instant replay rather than having to make calls instantly while right in the middle of the action.

EDIT: I never record games regardless if I'm going to miss it, but man I'm glad I decided to record this one before going to work, it was definitely worth watching especially since I made sure to avoid seeing who won before I got home and put the game on.

Edited by devilsfan26

I normally have positive feelings for the country of Canada, mostly because I wish our own country covered and loved hockey like them. But every year during the world juniors, I despise them. Every game the US plays against other countries, their crowds cheer ferociously against us. I couldn't be happier they lost last night and I hope the Fins win the bronze.

I normally have positive feelings for the country of Canada, mostly because I wish our own country covered and loved hockey like them. But every year during the world juniors, I despise them. Every game the US plays against other countries, their crowds cheer ferociously against us. I couldn't be happier they lost last night and I hope the Fins win the bronze.

Same here, I have no beef with Canada but I hate them when it comes to international hockey, especially in the WJCs.

Their hatred for everything American when it comes to hockey is bordering on the ridiculous. I can completely understand having passion for your country and cheering the national team on the way they do, but their insessant booing of American teenagers and blatant disrespect for our country and our national anthem is stupid. I'm glad they lost, but I only wish Wedgewood made a better showing against Russia.

Their hatred for everything American when it comes to hockey is bordering on the ridiculous. I can completely understand having passion for your country and cheering the national team on the way they do, but their insessant booing of American teenagers and blatant disrespect for our country and our national anthem is stupid. I'm glad they lost, but I only wish Wedgewood made a better showing against Russia.

+1

I just wish US could of shut their mouths. A+++ job to Russia even if they almost lost the lead.