Roenick on Jim Rome

Z-Man

The Devils fans are notorious for leaving early before games. I've seen them leave 3 minutes before an OT period, the Devils winning 4-0, the Devils losing 2-0, every situation some people leave early...

Sometimes i heard the chant "BEAT THE TRAFFIC" start, lol

But once the new arena is built, I think the fans will feel more comfortable staying for the whole game. IMO

Yeah but do u really want me to name all the places where I see the same thing. I could do other sports if u desire as well.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I still don't understand why sw61776 is hanging around here trying to earn our respect. Flyers fans not good enough for you sweetheart?

Can you really blame her PK? There is only so much time one can spend hanging out with trash before you get tired and seek more respectable company.

The amazing thing is how Flyers fans are still rubbing it in the faces of Devils fans when Round 2 has yet to begin.

The fact is that Flyers fans, regardless of their team having recently beaten ours in a first-round series, are ridiculously bothered by knowing that they have had to witness their most hated rival hoist 3 Cups in the last decade with nothing but extreme disgust, sheer envy, and unrivaled bitterness.

So, what do the Flyers have to show for their annual $65+ million payroll? No championships and a first-round victory over the Devils. Congratulations.

No, it doesn't bother me.  We had injuries and whole lot more than the Devils.  However, our GM didn't sit and do nothing in his office, he went out & got the guys we needed.  He also didn't give up Jeff Carter or Mike Richards to get a Zhamnov or a Markov.  He gave away a 6th defenseman for Zhamnov and a fourth line winger for Markov.  We also got a goalie who is our starter's best friend therefore eliminating any problems between the two.  We got Branko and a good, big prospect in Eager.  Look what it did, helped us dominate the Devils and have a short series with hardly any physical play from the opposition.  So, no, doesn't bother me at all.  I know it bothers Devil fans that Lou did nothing to help.  His fault.

See? You're implying that Clarke is a better GM than Lou, and I have no intention of even arguing. I'm just sitting here similing, and laughing on the inside. :rofl:

Edited by Blackjack

Other words: Outscore, outhit, outplay, outhustle, score, block, check, shutdown.

They also frustrated the hell out of the Devils

Other word - TRAP!

And don't believe her, sw61776, she looked it up. She watched her tapes of the series and figured out what the Flyers were doing. :rolleyes:

I still can't believe the "Beat the traffic" thing. I get it. Maybe Philly fans stay longer. But much longer? I can't imagine it. I've been to a ton of games at different arenas... and it's not a driving thing, DC is horrible with it and they have an incredible mass transit system with their arena...

Can you really blame her PK? There is only so much time one can spend hanging out with trash before you get tired and seek more respectable company.

Yes, so I try and limit my time dealing with the likes of you and PK. I can only handle small amounts of trash at a time. Sorry. ;)

I still don't understand why sw61776 is hanging around here trying to earn our respect. Flyers fans not good enough for you sweetheart?

They're great. It's just more fun watching Devil fans getting mad after losing to us.

I just like hearing the many excuses as to why you lost, this, that and the other thing.

See? You're implying that Clarke is a better GM than Lou, and I have no intention of even arguing. I'm just sitting here similing, and laughing on the inside.

Overall, no way Clarkie is better. This year, Clarke definitely was the better GM.

And don't believe her, sw61776, she looked it up. She watched her tapes of the series and figured out what the Flyers were doing.

Again, no need to look it up silly person. I already knew from playing basketball, nitwit.

Was she saying, like every single one of my Flyers fans have, that the Flyers don't play the trap?

We do it play. However, when we use it in the games it somehow doesn't put all the fans asleep in the stands and it doesn't get labeled "boring hockey" by people who watch our games. Go figure. :D

Stevens is a better physical d-man & Rico is a better offensive d-man.

Ask any team in the NHL which player they'd rather have, and I bet you 29 of 30 would say Stevens. I think you have to look at OVERALL who is the better defenseman.

Stevens wins hands-down. It's not even close.

We do it play.  However, when we use it in the games it somehow doesn't put all the fans asleep in the stands and it doesn't get labeled "boring hockey" by people who watch our games.  Go figure. :D

Oh...you do it play.....

That's right, it's "exciting defense" as per jagoff Roenick.

Please, the Flyers ultimate goal has been achieved, they practically are the Devils.

But, without the Mugs.

Oh...you do it play.....

Yes, we do play it.

That's right, it's "exciting defense" as per jagoff Roenick.

Well, let's see, the comment about this year's series was that it was boring. Of course, it could be boring to people watch the Flyers outhit, outscore the Devils 4 out of 5 games. That's understandable. I expected that reaction with a series with the Devils. Last year, we probably had one of the best series of the playoffs.

Please, the Flyers ultimate goal has been achieved

It has? How so? No big punishing defenseman like Stevens. I would say that is what Clarke did up until 2000. He went and got the big centers like Primeau, now he is going with the speed: Roenick, Amonte, Gagne, Kapanen, Johnsson, Recchi, Sharp. The only big guys we have now that we need are Primeau, Leclair and Handzus.

Ask any team in the NHL which player they'd rather have, and I bet you 29 of 30 would say Stevens. I think you have to look at OVERALL who is the better defenseman.

Well, if the team is offensively challenged, they may choose differently.

Well, if the team is offensively challenged, they may choose differently.

The NHL these days is defense-first. Hell, that's one of the biggest criticisms about the game. Given that, I still say 29 out of 30.

Look sw61776, I'm tired of this drivel. You had better hope the Flyers can win it this year because you have 8 forwards that are 30 or over, 3 d-men 30 or over, and 1 goalie pushing 40. Do you hear that? Tic, tic, tic...that's right the clock is about to strike 12 on your team. Pumpkin City (you're already half way there...ya know having orange as your primary color and all). So Clarke is shooting his wad this year in hopes of obtaining the Cup; as soon as you face Toronto or Ottawa your little run will be over. Either one of those teams will expose Esche for the average goalie that he is.

BTW where were you 3 years ago when the Devils came back from 1-3 to eliminate your boys in 2000? Weren't around to take your lumps then where you? How about '95? Where were you when the mighty Legion of Doom was ousted by a "mediocre" Devils team. Please. Were you even born when Philly won their last Cup? That was 1975 by the way! :rofl:

Enjoy your 1st round victory your team earned it.

Edited by Chico

BTW, I'd like to make a comment on what Roenick said.

To be completely honest, there's NOTHING wrong with what he said, and yeah -- he's actually right.

Eric Dejardins is to the Flyers as what Scott Stevens is to the Devils. I don't think he's comparing the two players, he's just comparing their importance to each team. Now, I'm not saying that Dejardins is as good as Stevens or as good of a leader or anything, but I do think, given the circumstances, he's huge for his team -- as Stevens is to us. Stevens means a great deal to us, he's the world. Dejardins, on smaller scale, is similar to HIS team.

Both teams DID lose their best defensemen, and that's all Roenick was getting at. I don't think he was saying Dejardins was as good as Stevens...if he was, well, he's wrong. But I don't think that's what he meant.

Given that, I still say 29 out of 30.

Good, why don't you put that in your signature? I might forget it before you say it yet again. :rolleyes:

Well, that's what I get for assuming you'd actually give an honest opinion in here. You know, you *can* admit that Stevens is far superior without anybody questioning your loyalty to the Phailures. You *do* realize that, don't you?

Well, that's what I get for assuming you'd actually give an honest opinion in here

Did I say Stevens sucks? No, I didn't. If anything, on any board I have said that no player that was even available to trade for would fill the void left by Stevens. I also never said Desjardins was better than Stevens. I did say he is better offensively. That's it. If anything, Eric is slowing down but he's still a good defenseman.

You know, you *can* admit that Stevens is far superior without anybody questioning your loyalty to the Phailures. You *do* realize that, don't you?

Oh, did you know that you can talk hockey with me without throwing out the Flyers insult in every post? It can be done, insult-free discussion about hockey.

I don't think he's comparing the two players, he's just comparing their importance to each team.

She.

he's huge for his team

He is a veteran presence back there with a bunch of rookies, just like Stevens or Niedermayer is for your team. That's what I meant.

Look sw61776, I'm tired of this drivel.

Sounds like a personal problem to me. You're taking what I am saying wrong. That's not my problem.

You know, you *can* admit that Stevens is far superior without anybody questioning your loyalty to the Phailures. You *do* realize that, don't you?

Oh, did you know that you can talk hockey with me without throwing out the Flyers insult in every post? It can be done, insult-free discussion about hockey.

This coming from someone whose sole purpose here is to rub it in our faces that the Flyers beat the Devils in round one.

Your mere presence here undermines your entire arguement. Nice try, though.

All I have to say is this:

We do it play.  However, when we use it in the games it somehow doesn't put all the fans asleep in the stands and it doesn't get labeled "boring hockey" by people who watch our games.  Go figure.

Rose colored glasses baby. Welcome to Devils country. We love our team, and its exciting for us to watch, but it seems no one else agrees with us.

I bet you thought that Ottawa Philly series last year was pretty entertaining huh? Talk about snoozola.

The fact that there is an artice on the front page of the espn website that says hockey would be better if the Devils got eliminated just goes to show how much the media likes us. Hence, we will never shake the "trap" or "boring hockey" terms. At least until we sign some cretin like JR. JR playing the trap makes it exciting... yeah.

Edited by CaptainScotty

Eric Dejardins is to the Flyers as what Scott Stevens is to the Devils. I don't think he's comparing the two players, he's just comparing their importance to each team.

Fair enough, RD, except the major problem I have with this argument is that many Flyer fans BASH Desjardins and haven't cared for him for years. So, I'm not so sure the fans consider him that "important" to the team. Or maybe the Philthy fans really ARE that friggin' bipolar after all and now they love him all of a sudden. :lol: