Avery back on waivers again

SterioDesign

not a chance. He's still got a $3.875 million cap hit. Granted, it'd be prorated for the rest of the season, but if we're gonna pick someone up with that sort of cap hit it'd better be a guy who we'll be playing 15-20 minutes per night.

oh yea, and that thing about Rupp not wanting to play with him is a bit ridiculous. That's what I'd call "rumor-mongering". "friends with a girl who's brother works on WFAN the fan."? Really? c'mon, dude!

Hey say what you want brother. I didn't pull it out of my ass. Why would I make that up? I could care less about Avery. I was just telling you something I heard that might have been the reason that lead to his departure. :blahblah:

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the "friends with a girl who's brother works on WFAN the fan." is what really makes it a "wha... ?" kind of thing. I mean, it's been 20+ years since I actually heard someone say "a friend of a friend's, bother's, sister's, ex told me..." kind of thing. And I've worked with some catty people in my time!

lol

Well, the "friends with a girl who's brother works on WFAN the fan." is what really makes it a "wha... ?" kind of thing. I mean, it's been 20+ years since I actually heard someone say "a friend of a friend's, bother's, sister's, ex told me..." kind of thing. And I've worked with some catty people in my time!

lol

I just don't think the person's name really matters that's all. It's my friends brother who works for the Rangers and WFAN. What's so dramatic about that?

eh... whatever. Just struck me as funny, in a slightly silly kind of way. Don't really want to offend you (or anyone else).

Let's Go Devils!

:)

Don't take people not believing your story personally ScoreMoreThan3. I think its hard to believe that a 4th liner like Rupp has any pull in roster construction - there is just no way any professional team would operate like that. Avery is being waived because he's been ineffective and Tortorella never seemed to care much for him. I think those two reasons are obvious and the only reasons he is being waived.

Plus when it comes to forums especially this one, people are skeptical about rumors that come from friends of friends......or a "CAA Security Guard" (the lockout is over!) :doh1::P

Don't take people not believing your story personally ScoreMoreThan3. I think its hard to believe that a 4th liner like Rupp has any pull in roster construction - there is just no way any professional team would operate like that. Avery is being waived because he's been ineffective and Tortorella never seemed to care much for him. I think those two reasons are obvious and the only reasons he is being waived.

Plus when it comes to forums especially this one, people are skeptical about rumors that come from friends of friends......or a "CAA Security Guard" (the lockout is over!) :doh1::P

I hear ya just thought it was interesting and don't want people thinking I'm lying ya know.

Yea it was easy to tell that Tortorella wasn't fond of Avery. I know that had a lot to do with it. I was just naming other possible reasons as well. BAM! Nbd! LGD we win tomorrow it will be a Happy New Year indeed!! :yea:

Can't stand Avery when we face him...rest of the time I find him to be entertaining. His days were numbered after the sloppy seconds incident....as soon as the league neutered him, he lost all value. Saw on a Rangers blog that Avery had his mother and a friend in the dressing room and that pissed Torts off.

No chance in hell the Devils pick him up, but that would be a moment for HBO, first time he walks into the locker room and runs into Marty. I mean what could he possibly say...."Have you lost weight?"

Edited by mmajeski06

Can't stand Avery when we face him...rest of the time I find him to be entertaining. His days were numbered after the sloppy seconds incident....as soon as the league neutered him, he lost all value. Saw on a Rangers blog that Avery had his mother and a friend in the dressing room and that pissed Torts off.

No chance in hell the Devils pick him up, but that would be a moment for HBO, first time he walks into the locker room and runs into Marty. I mean what could he possibly say...."Have you lost weight?"

I'm sure they would just shake hands..... :whistling:

LOVE the news!

Also, Avery in a Devils sweater would be an absolute disgrace. Even more now than in the past: a few years ago he could at least score a goal from time to time and piss people off. Now he's absolutely invisible. Anyway, he's a disgrace to hockey, he's a public enemy #1 since 2008 for us and I could NEVER stand him playing for NJ.

Edited by Revan

I can't believe how many people want Avery on the Devils. The guy has run himself out of every city he's played in. If the Rangers don't even want that much of an a$$hole, why should we? Can you imagine Avery and Brodeur in the same locker room? Come on let's be real here.

If he gave half a sh!t not even a doubt that he'd be more effective and an improvement over the LNAH/ECHL/AHL'ers the Devils throw out on the 4th line every night.

It's just he's Sean Avery and he's tuned out of playing the sport so it will never happen.

I hate everything about Avery the hockey player, but I like him for supporting marriage equality. I'd just as soon be able to like him in peace. Hope he never plays hockey again.

Seriously? You like him because he supports "marriage equality"? Marriage equality? Oh, brother.

And how could anyone want this vermin wearing a Devs sweater? Marty would NEVER allow it, and he has waaayyyy more pull then Rupp does with the Rag$

If he gave half a sh!t not even a doubt that he'd be more effective and an improvement over the LNAH/ECHL/AHL'ers the Devils throw out on the 4th line every night.

It's just he's Sean Avery and he's tuned out of playing the sport so it will never happen.

Of course he has more skill than our fourth liners, but nobody will be able to separate his hockey skill from the extra baggage that comes with him, along with his history against the Devils, which makes him not worth picking up.

Yea, agreed.

Nevermind the fact that he has a multi-million dollar contract. Screw the Rangers, let them eat his contract through the rest of the year.

I still don't really get why most devils fans get so worked up over Avery. Yeah he runs his mouth but that's it and I haven't seen him do cheap shots and try to purposely injure other players like cooke or pronger, so he even isn't the worst person out there now. While he is not a terrible hockey player, he isn't that good either. Honestly I hate that dumb Easter island head looking a$$hole messier more than Avery (thank you DiG for that great description lol).

We haven't played well against the rags since the lockout before and after Avery joined them and that to me is a bigger issue the devils and their fans must contend with

The whole thing where he was getting in Marty's face is what really put him in the limelight for Devils fans, I think. That's what did it for me, at least (up until those incidents, I basically had the same opinion that you do).

I agree that the main issue is the Devils play against the Rangers team as a whole, as well. But, you know... Sean Avery is the guy being sent to the woodshed in Connecticut, which is what started this thread, so... :noclue:

The whole thing where he was getting in Marty's face is what really put him in the limelight for Devils fans, I think. That's what did it for me, at least (up until those incidents, I basically had the same opinion that you do).

I agree that the main issue is the Devils play against the Rangers team as a whole, as well. But, you know... Sean Avery is the guy being sent to the woodshed in Connecticut, which is what started this thread, so... :noclue:

Thing is if it was any other player on the rags there probably wouldn't be a thread about him. He is annoying but that's it and let's all just move on

well... part of the issue with Avery is that he's the only one who would have (and has) pulled the sort of shenanigans that he's pulled.

I understand the "let's move on" sentiment, but... it's a bit early for that yet, as well. Fans have a chance to gloat for a bit right now, so that's what they're doing. It's not that big of a deal, in my opinion.