Avery back on waivers again

SterioDesign

I can't believe how many people want Avery on the Devils. The guy has run himself out of every city he's played in. If the Rangers don't even want that much of an a$$hole, why should we? Can you imagine Avery and Brodeur in the same locker room? Come on let's be real here.

It's surprising me too. Thin line between love and hate I guess? So weird. Everyone needs to remember how he embarrassed Brodeur in the that playoff series with the crap he pulled. Even the players on the Rangers (Shanahan) we're yelling at him afterwards. He has no respect. He's a piece of sh!t and a loser.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well... part of the issue with Avery is that he's the only one who would have (and has) pulled the sort of shenanigans that he's pulled.

I understand the "let's move on" sentiment, but... it's a bit early for that yet, as well. Fans have a chance to gloat for a bit right now, so that's what they're doing. It's not that big of a deal, in my opinion.

Barnaby pissed off the devils in 99 with his shennanigans in the playoffs and later when he was on the rags and theo fleury had some run ins with Marty when he was on the rags too. Honestly the only difference is Avery just ran his mouth off a little more but his actions have been not much different than the two I have previously mentioned.

I think devils fans are more obsessed with him than rags fans.

Barnaby pissed off the devils in 99 with his shennanigans in the playoffs and later when he was on the rags and theo fleury had some run ins with Marty when he was on the rags too. Honestly the only difference is Avery just ran his mouth off a little more but his actions have been not much different than the two I have previously mentioned.

I think devils fans are more obsessed with him than rags fans.

are you kidding me? Avery is such a fvckstick, i cannot stand him. how can you even say that when he despises and fvcks with your franchises biggest icon in Brodeur. ANDDDDD he just sucks, what the hell is his upside??

are you kidding me? Avery is such a fvckstick, i cannot stand him. how can you even say that when he despises and fvcks with your franchises biggest icon in Brodeur. ANDDDDD he just sucks, what the hell is his upside??

Yet we celebrate Claude lemieux and he was possibly more despised by the rest of the league than Avery. When did you ever see Avery checking a guy from behind into an open bench gate causing the guy to basically break his face into pieces? All Avery does is run his mouth off.

Avery is an idiot but I still don't get why out of the list of idiots that have come before him he is the most obsessed about. Like in my post before be was not the first ranger player to fvck with brodeur. Again this is more devils fan insecurity and obsession with the rags.

Edited by DevsMan84

Yet we celebrate Claude lemieux and he was possibly more despised by the rest of the league than Avery. When did you ever see Avery checking a guy from behind into an open bench gate causing the guy to basically break his face into pieces? All Avery does is run his mouth off.

Avery is an idiot but I still don't get why out of the list of idiots that have come before him he is the most obsessed about. Like in my post before be was not the first ranger player to fvck with brodeur. Again this is more devils fan insecurity and obsession with the rags.

ahhhhh! because avery sucks!! he is not a good player, at all... he also just happens to be an idiot.

Lemieux was easily 10x the player that Avery was at his best. Hell, even... well, Avery wouldn't ever admit it, but every coach he ever played for would agree with that in a heartbeat. That's why he was never able to stick with Detroit, LA, Dallas, or the Rangers!

ahhhhh! because avery sucks!! he is not a good player, at all... he also just happens to be an idiot.

Avery is not that good of a hockey player by any means. However just remember though that this season he played on the 4th line with very limited minutes and he still has more goals than tedenby.

Lemieux was easily 10x the player that Avery was at his best. Hell, even... well, Avery wouldn't ever admit it, but every coach he ever played for would agree with that in a heartbeat. That's why he was never able to stick with Detroit, LA, Dallas, or the Rangers!

And that along with him not Yapping to the media are what kept him around on his teams.

If you just want to see who is a dirtier player, well again I really don't remember Avery trying to hurt someone on purpose. Also the rivalry between the rags and devils have been there long before Avery while lemieux pretty much single-handedly started the Detroit-Colorado rivalry.

It adds up perfectly if you ask me but hey take it easy tiger, don't shoot the messenger.

No it doesn't. A fourth liner doesn't tell a coach or organization he refuses to play with another player. :doh1:

You know what adds up perfectly. That Avery was called up to replace Rupp on the 4th line when he was injured. When Rupp returned Avery was scratched and eventually sent back down.

If you just want to see who is a dirtier player, well again I really don't remember Avery trying to hurt someone on purpose. Also the rivalry between the rags and devils have been there long before Avery while lemieux pretty much single-handedly started the Detroit-Colorado rivalry.

You better let this one go. Don't mess with Lemieux, a Devs friggin' icon.

Especially since the play you cite was in no way an intent to "try and 'hurt' someone". Draper turned at the last split second, and it happened. Let it go.

You better let this one go. Don't mess with Lemieux, a Devs friggin' icon.

Especially since the play you cite was in no way an intent to "try and 'hurt' someone". Draper turned at the last split second, and it happened. Let it go.

Every single person who is not a devils fan or Colorado fan who is looking at it through fan blunders will tell you it was a dirty hit.

I love lemieux myself (hell I'm thinking of sometime soon getting a jersey of mine lettered with his name) but he was indeed a dirty and hated player by the rest of the league.

its disgusting how we, as a devils board, are discussing how Avery may be a good addition to a team. this has got to be a sick fvcking joke. get over it- not only can I think of a million other players that are more talented than this guy, but Avery is also a complete dickhead, stupid piece of sh!t that has only hated this franchise as much as we hate his... stop acting like its a good idea, this is unbelievable :puke:

Definitely. Let me know when Avery becomes a clutch playoff scorer, wins a few cups, and adds a Conn Smythe. He's not even close to Lemieux.

How many fvcking times do I have to say that in terms of hockey skill and abilities, they are light years apart?

HOWEVER when it comes to questionable and dirty play, then they are not exactly that far apart and Lemieux was arguably a dirtier player because he actually did injure players. This is my point when Devils fans always are whining and obsessing about Avery when they shouldn't really care about him and are thinking with their fan bliders on.

Avery is not the first player to fvck with Brodeur. Fleury used to love skating into Marty at full speed when he was on the Rags. The thing is that during those days the team didn't get distracted by it and we would usually win the game. Now these days Clarkson and Kovy literally just chase after Avery and would throw the team off their game and we end up losing. Yeah that showed him :rolleyes:

I just hope Devils fans get over this stupid Avery obsession bullsh!t that has gone on way too long. I hope just Avery leaving the Rags or even the league to go to KHL will finally end it. I am just too tired of being on the train on the way to Devils/Rags games and the first thing out of most Devils fans mouth that I overhear is who and how a devils player is going to get even with Avery. Let's just win against those a$$holes first and leave it at that.

Edited by DevsMan84

Dude, I don't care what you look at. Lemieux is a better player than Avery in every conceivable way.

The attempt to plaint a "dirtier player" picture completely ignores the changes that have occurred to the game, for one. More importantly though, it seems to be based on old perceptions that are being adjusted to specifically fit the narrative that is being constructed.

Dude, I don't care what you look at. Lemieux is a better player than Avery in every conceivable way.

The attempt to plaint a "dirtier player" picture completely ignores the changes that have occurred to the game, for one. More importantly though, it seems to be based on old perceptions that are being adjusted to specifically fit the narrative that is being constructed.

Don't you have some silly fayne bashing to do?

Please tell me one instance or example of a play that Avery did that was dirtier than what lemieux has done. Your attempt of passing it off as lemieux doing it in a different era is laughable. A dirty play then is a dirty play now.

And finally if you guys even read my posts I will say it for the last time. Yes lemieux is a far better hockey player in terms of skill. I hope you will all now get your fan hats off finally as well as this obsession with Avery. I swear Avery brig sent down was bigger news with devils fans than rags fans.

If Avery had won a Conn Smythe (or anything for that matter) or put up 40 goals in a season, like Claude, that would be one thing. (Chara did much worse on Pacceritti than anything Claude ever did). However, Avery's whole game was (I'm deliberately using past tense) being a clown. His act eventually wears thin even with his teammates.

Avery is not the first player to fvck with Brodeur. Fleury used to love skating into Marty at full speed when he was on the Rags. The thing is that during those days the team didn't get distracted by it and we would usually win the game. Now these days Clarkson and Kovy literally just chase after Avery and would throw the team off their game and we end up losing. Yeah that showed him :rolleyes:

I agree on this point. Fleury especially was legendary for messing with goalies even before he was a Ranger. I remember a time when Fleury was with Calgary. Someone shot from the point, Marty was out challenging the shooter, and Fleury skated behind Marty using his stick to tip the knob of Marty's stick so it levered the paddle up off the ice. The puck slid five hole. I thought it was such a clever play at the time even though it infuriated me that it wasn't called interference.

A TON of players messed with Marty. I think that fact that Avery took personal shots in the media about him and really had no respect for Marty or any Devil as a player or human is what makes him so hated.

I agree on this point. Fleury especially was legendary for messing with goalies even before he was a Ranger. I remember a time when Fleury was with Calgary. Someone shot from the point, Marty was out challenging the shooter, and Fleury skated behind Marty using his stick to tip the knob of Marty's stick so it levered the paddle up off the ice. The puck slid five hole. I thought it was such a clever play at the time even though it infuriated me that it wasn't called interference.

A TON of players messed with Marty. I think that fact that Avery took personal shots in the media about him and really had no respect for Marty or any Devil as a player or human is what makes him so hated.

And that makes Avery a huge pansy not even worthy of our thoughts let alone a thread like this. The fact that he prefers to fight VIA the media instead of in the rink shows how pathetic he is. Plus after my encounter with his dad last season I can see where he gets it and the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree.

And that makes Avery a huge pansy not even worthy of our thoughts let alone a thread like this. The fact that he prefers to fight VIA the media instead of in the rink shows how pathetic he is. Plus after my encounter with his dad last season I can see where he gets it and the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree.

Somehow the fact that his dad was a jerk doesn't surprise me.

Another good point you made that I missed was that when Fleury or whoever pulled something and the Devils won no one really noticed. But Avery came in when the Rangers have been owning the Devils. I'm glad he can move on and design purses or whatever it is he wants to do.

What happened with his father?