GDT: New Jersey Devils @ Ottawa Senators

Quinn01

Bad game. Just terrible. This sh!t needs to be cleaned up soon. The East is just too tight.

Hope to see Brodeur against Boston, but I doubt it.

Well the Devils have two straight back-to-backs coming up after Wednesday so Moose'll be playing two of the next five at least. I can't picture PDB playing him three out of five though, not at this point. So odds are Marty will start Wednesday.

Bad game. Just terrible. This sh!t needs to be cleaned up soon. The East is just too tight.

Hope to see Brodeur against Boston, but I doubt it.

What do you doubt? Brodeur's gonna play against Boston. Then Hedberg will get Florida and Brodeur will get whoever they play on Saturday.

same old Devils.

I'm getting tired of DeBoer's laid back/nonchalant attitude during the post game.

"i think we played well"

"we did a lot of things right"

Time to start holding people accountable.

The shorthanded goals are embarrassing.

Inability to hold 3rd period leads is very alarming.

How would Torts react to this?

he'd be cracking skulls, maybe thats why the Rags are a 1st place team.

Exactly. Thats why his team came back from a 2-0 deficit and the Devils blew a 2-0 lead. WHatever, seriously fvck this team they're lucky to even be where they are. They can be as cute as they want and score a penalty shot and a 5-3 but they honestly haven't done anything impressive in their 5-1-1 streak they have going right now. I'm fvcking sick and tired of this.

Haha this place never does change does it.

NJ never should've been ahead 2-0. They happened to go up 2-0 against one of the most explosive offenses in the league. Somehow. Then they gave up the lead. Then they happened to lose.

No, it's not a lockdown defense, and I'm starting to get worried about the health of 3 of our top forwards (Parise, Zajac, Kovalchuk), but when you play teams even and you don't have top goaltending, this is the result you get.

I promised myself that I'd leave this thread alone... everyone is perfectly entitled to vent some legitimate frustration, after all.

It's just that I disagree with the premise here. The Devils and Senators are very evenly matched teams. They've scored slightly more goals (I'd say an amount that is just barely significant), while we're allowed slightly fewer goals (again, just barely significant). The difference in this game, realistically, was one broken play that caught two Devils defensemen and Martin Brodeur by surprise. That's no excuse, just an observation.

The Devils were just slightly off tonight... I don't think they were physically tired, but there were a bunch of little mental mistakes and miscues. That's ultimately what made the difference, not some magical "explosive" goal scoring ability. Elias gets a clean pass or manages to control a messy one at center ice, or Talinder corrals a puck and clears it from our zone, and there'd be a completely different result here.

Exactly. Thats why his team came back from a 2-0 deficit and the Devils blew a 2-0 lead. WHatever, seriously fvck this team they're lucky to even be where they are. They can be as cute as they want and score a penalty shot and a 5-3 but they honestly haven't done anything impressive in their 5-1-1 streak they have going right now. I'm fvcking sick and tired of this.

Eh we've come back from our share of 2-0 deficits this year. That's the Devils in a nutshell - no lead is safe, either a lead on us or for us :P

kovy got 2 for a slash tonight and thats all

And that was 2 that I actually supported him taking. Fvckin' try to jack me in the crotch with your stick and you'll be lucky if you're not spitting out lumber and teeth 10 seconds later.

It's more than that, I counted at least eleven in the other thread (points we lost and gave up to other teams we're fighting for the playoffs).

Eh, they only lost 4-3 in Boston and weren't playing as well then as they had been until the third period today. Maybe they will get swamped but they could also come from 2-0 down to win another shootout, they're that bipolar :P

Yea that's just me being really upset. I don't see us beating the Bruins though. They seem to be up 3-0 every game within the first 12 minutes.

We just go from "Yes the Devils look like they can start to make a run!" to "Wow this team is a laughing stock 50% of the time."

The Bruins are scary good. They're monsters.

They're gonna boot stomp everyone in the playoffs this year too... although, you never know. Everyone is going to be hyped up to play them.

I just hope (pray, really) we draw Florida or Washington (if they make the playoffs) in the first round.

This sh!t has got to stop!!! Every team in the league knows by now that when we have the lead no matter how big that they still have a chance!!

I dont know what Pete has to do but this team is not playing hard for 60mins!!! This team in the 3rd period plays with theyre heads up theyre asses and play passive and try to protect the lead instead of playing with it!!!

This one will haunt them. I wish I could say just move on but this one will linger.

Edited by ChilltownDevs2673

They're gonna boot stomp everyone in the playoffs this year too... although, you never know. Everyone is going to be hyped up to play them.

I just hope (pray, really) we draw Florida or Washington (if they make the playoffs) in the first round.

You know perfectly well that the Devils will draw the Rangers and yea...use your imagination as to what I'm thinking would happen in that series.

Hold on, Speedy. We gotta make the playoffs first.

This sh!t has got to stop!!! Every team in the league knows by now that when we have the lead no matter how big that they still have a chance!!

I dont know what Pete has to do but this team is not playing hard for 60mins!!! This team in the 3rd period plays with theyre heads up theyre asses and play passive and try to protect the lead instead of playing with it!!!

This one will haunt them. I wish I could say just move on but this one will linger.

They haven't learned from the 3-0 lead against Florida dude what makes you think they will learn from this one? Now I just feel like they're lucky if they win after being up going into the 3rd.

Yea that's just me being really upset. I don't see us beating the Bruins though. They seem to be up 3-0 every game within the first 12 minutes.

We just go from "Yes the Devils look like they can start to make a run!" to "Wow this team is a laughing stock 50% of the time."

The Devils have been blown out like, what, once versus Colorado? Every other game is tight, I just think that's how the entire season is going to be. To call us a laughing stock is definitely your frustration being translated into text. The only laughing stock in the league is Columbus, maybe Anaheim and NY Islanders...

As far as the Bruins game, Devils will win. I'm calling it now. I've been to 3 straight home games and they've won them all. And this is my last game attending for the season before I am relegated to my lame Florida life again. They'll win!