GDT: Boston Bruins @ NJ Devils

Steven M.

Devils were prepared for 'bumps in the road' with Travis Zajac injury

"General manager Lou Lamoriello claimed there is no reason for alarm."

But what do you expect him to say?

I don't know, I hope that this is just rest (seems like an odd game to pick for resting a player, but then again.... we do have back to back games against the Panthers and Penguins coming up in a couple of days). Just gotta wait and see what happens, I guess.

I don't see any reason to believe it's some sort of conspiracy or something. When you tear your achilles tendon obviously it's going to take you a while to be at 100%.

This. Plus he came back a few weeks before what they were expecting. Itll take him some time to get back to 110%. From his play and what I have seen I would say hes playing at about 85-90%.

This. Plus he came back a few weeks before what they were expecting. Itll take him some time to get back to 110%. From his play and what I have seen I would say hes playing at about 85-90%.

In reality, he probably won't be at 100% until next season, when you figure how many games are played. But obviously Travis Zajac helps us in any capacity.

There's no need for "conspiracies" with the Devils. It's not a conspiracy when there's a proven track record.

Reminds me of the phrase "you're not paranoid if you're actually being watched".

That being said, I understand and appreciate what you're saying. My initial reaction was partiually driven by the fact that we're playing Boston tonight... I mean, Ottawa seems like a more obvious choice to have rested a guy against, sorta. Even better would have been an out of conference game. But, then I noticed that we've got back-to-back games against Florida and Pittsburgh Friday and Saturday before we go on the road, so... oh well. Hopefully he can play in one of those games this weekend (probably Pittsburgh).

There's no need for "conspiracies" with the Devils. It's not a conspiracy when there's a proven track record.

Reminds me of the phrase "you're not paranoid if you're actually being watched".

That being said, I understand and appreciate what you're saying. My initial reaction was partiually driven by the fact that we're playing Boston tonight... I mean, Ottawa seems like a more obvious choice to have rested a guy against, sorta. Even better would have been an out of conference game. But, then I noticed that we've got back-to-back games against Florida and Pittsburgh Friday and Saturday before we go on the road, so... oh well. Hopefully he can play in one of those games this weekend (probably Pittsburgh).

Well, Travis Zajac's achilles tendon doesn't particularly care what day it is, what our strength of schedule is, or how important of a game it is. It just feels sore.

• Like 1

The first game against Boston, while a loss, was one of the most entertaining regular season games I've seen the Devils play. Here's hoping for more of the same along with two points for the good guys!

LET'S GO DEVILS!!!!!

(Anyone know if Doc has the call?)

I actually give the Devils a point left on the ice in that game. I know that they didn't actually make it to OT but that's one of the games I believe they should have came away with a point. Soft goal given up by Hedberg at the end of the game was the winning factor although the game could have been like 8-3 if it weren't for him so take the good with the bad I guess.

Looks like both Volchenkov and Zajac are out for this one

nj.com

Great. :saddevil:

Looks like both Volchenkov and Zajac are out for this one

nj.com

Not to worried about it. We will see how it goes. The Devils will either play 100% or not even show up tonight. There isnt an in-between.

According to TG, Doc's got the call tonight!

:boogie:

Praise the lord! :pray:

This is likely going to be a very depressing game...

Yea, this is why I was so insanely pissed off at the fact they lost to Ottawa the other night. It was MUST win. Just like how this game becomes a MUST win. Every game from here on out is a must win either way you look at it. The east is too close and the Devils have left too many points on the ice already. We're hanging on by a thread right now (8th in the east). Sucks. Just the other day were were a point out of 5th. We really screwed ourselves with the loss on Monday.

Edited by ScoreMoreThan3

Yea, this is why I was so insanely pissed off at the fact they lost to Ottawa the other night. It was MUST win. Just like how this game because a MUST win. Every game from here on out is a must win either way you look at it. The east is too close and the Devils have left too many points on the ice already. We're hanging on by a thread right now (8th in the east). Sucks. Just the other day were were a point out of 5th. We really screwed ourselves with the loss on Monday.

Well, if every game is a must win from here on out, I'm going to be bold and predict we don't win every single game and thereby miss the playoffs. doh1.gif

I'm going to bring an umbrella to the Rock tonight, incase the sky starts falling at any point.

I actually give the Devils a point left on the ice in that game. I know that they didn't actually make it to OT but that's one of the games I believe they should have came away with a point. Soft goal given up by Hedberg at the end of the game was the winning factor although the game could have been like 8-3 if it weren't for him so take the good with the bad I guess.

I feel like you're taking the wrong approach to this whole losing-a-game thing. If you're going to take every single loss and start counting "points left on the ice" you'll probably drive yourself mad. The Bruins beat us fair and square in their HOME ARENA, we didn't LEAVE anything on the ice. It was a hard fought game, and someone had to win. And like you already pointed out, you can't denounce Hedberg for letting in 1 goal when he kept out however many others. This is why they play the game. Don't nit pick every little thing so much.

Well, if every game is a must win from here on out, I'm going to be bold and predict we don't win every single game and thereby miss the playoffs. doh1.gif

I'm going to bring an umbrella to the Rock tonight, incase the sky starts falling at any point.

That's just the thing...it's scary but true. They need to at least score a point in every game they play. Obviously that's not going to happen, but they can't afford to lose two in a row in regulation any time soon.

And I'd bring tissues over an umbrella. If the game is anything like the last time they played there will be a lot of sad people there tonight.

Cmon guys its sh!tty that were playing the Bruins without 2 of our top 4 dman and without Zajac and josefson but wtv! it's an high reward game... if we lose well we just lost to the best team in the league like everyone else really, but we can also win and if we do its a huge confidence boost so get it done boyz

if mtl managed to beat Boston this year we certainly can lol

I feel like you're taking the wrong approach to this whole losing-a-game thing. If you're going to take every single loss and start counting "points left on the ice" you'll probably drive yourself mad. The Bruins beat us fair and square in their HOME ARENA, we didn't LEAVE anything on the ice. It was a hard fought game, and someone had to win. And like you already pointed out, you can't denounce Hedberg for letting in 1 goal when he kept out however many others. This is why they play the game. Don't nit pick every little thing so much.

Haha true. I'm completely stressed out over it.

In my opinion they should have won the last game they played against them. They were up in the game and I think they had another 3rd period break down if I recall. Almost a mirror image of what happened in Ottawa. The puck gets dropped in the 3rd and a break away leads to a goal a minute or two in. It's ridiculous.

Edited by ScoreMoreThan3

That's just the thing...it's scary but true. They need to at least score a point in every game they play. Obviously that's not going to happen, but they can't afford to lose two in a row in regulation any time soon.

And I'd bring tissues over an umbrella. If the game is anything like the last time they played there will be a lot of sad people there tonight.

Nah, I'm just going to bring myself, my Jersey, and a good attitude because this is probably the last time I'll see them all year, and they've won 3 straight at home which gives me no reason to believe they won't win again. We've dealt without AV for stretches during the season and Zajac for almost all of 2011. We will improvise, adapt, overcome, and win.

If not, then quote me afterwards and bash away. But I have confidence.

Nah, I'm just going to bring myself, my Jersey, and a good attitude because this is probably the last time I'll see them all year, and they've won 3 straight at home which gives me no reason to believe they won't win again. We've dealt without AV for stretches during the season and Zajac for almost all of 2011. We will improvise, adapt, overcome, and win.

If not, then quote me afterwards and bash away. But I have confidence.

Na I don't want to bash. I hope they win and hope you're 4-0 this season. My record is pretty crappy at the Rock. Although the only game I went to all year was a W. Unfortunately it was in Philly. I'm thinking about getting tickets to the rematch on the 21st. :boogie: