GDT: Boston Bruins @ NJ Devils

Steven M.

yea, being able to listen to Doc was my personal highlight. :)

*sigh*

the pk was nuts, we gave 1 up and im not using it as a positive but it was inspiring, thats all, they dont even get momentum from the pk and we just showed everyone why the best pk doesnt mean sh1t. vs. 5 on 5

i cant understand our 1st line and that clarky has 15 team leader and more turnovers/shg

these are major flaws, not to mention ANOTHER 3rd period meltdown

im not mad, but i am one who expects to win every game.

Edited by lazer

I've said it before and I'll say it again - this team is going nowhere with the goaltending tandem we currently have, no matter how many goals we can manage on elite goalies (which so far isn't many). As it stands, the Devils probably have the worst goaltending in the league, and that's not going to change this year.

The following game, Im counting the turn overs Kovy has. fvcking ridiculous. Also, Marty should have sat tonight. He should have sat after the 4th consecutive goal. DeBoer playing the 4th line for basically the last 3 min. of the game says alot as well.

Its so disheartening.

The best thing that came out of this game tonight was hearing Doc's reply to "Who last wore 21 on the Devils Doc? Uh.....Gionta." :whistling:

I've said it before and I'll say it again - this team is going nowhere with the goaltending tandem we currently have, no matter how many goals we can manage on elite goalies (which so far isn't many). As it stands, the Devils probably have the worst goaltending in the league, and that's not going to change this year.

Ottawa and Tampa are probably worst

The mistakes are there and for some reason they're never corrected. All starts with your GM.

But I want somebody to snap tonight. Someone to say publicly "We suck(ed)."

If that makes you feel better, but the Devils aren't in the Bruins' class right now. All the "we sucked" nonsense isn't going to change that.

It's a little late for that now, he should have been pulled at 5-1. He clearly wants no more part of this game (neither does the rest of the team).

Or the fan's who paid to watch this AHL team..I know the team isn't going to win every game,but to get mopped the fvck up like that deserves a refund.

i mean we cannot freak out after tonight's game... the Bruins are dominating EVERYONE right now, and they are playing with their full healthy roster.

we're an average team with 4 pretty important players out of the lineup... i dont know what you we're expecting really ?

Ottawa and Tampa are probably worst

Arguable, but not worth it. If you want me to change it to "bottom 3 goaltending", it doesn't change matters much.

Lol at people blaming Marty. LOL.

I don't think anyone's blaming Marty per-say. It's pretty difficult to win a hockey game scoring 1 goal. However, I think it's pretty easy to say that at least 1 or 2 of the 6 goals should have been stopped, and many more other ones throughout this season should have been as well. Every goalie gives up a bad goal here and there, but when you can count on your goalies to give up at least one per night, you're not going places.

i mean we cannot freak out after tonight's game... the Bruins are dominating EVERYONE right now, and they are playing with their full healthy roster.

we're an average team with 4 pretty important players out of the lineup... i dont know what you we're expecting really ?

I can take a loss by Boston or any other team for that matter...its the 6 consecutive goals that I dont like. Id rather see a 0-3 loss.

Edited by Quinn01

Wow I can't wait to find the post where I said the Devils would lose 6-1 and everyone told me to calm down. This team is going no where. Easy to tell now.

Oh please...it's not like they have to face the Bruins every single game. And it depends on what you mean by "going nowhere". No, they're probably not winning a Cup this year, but who was really expecting that? They do have a pretty good shot to get into the playoffs. That's a good thing for guys like Henrique, Larsson, Josefson, Tedenby, etc. A non-elite got blown out by a team that is clearly on top of its game right now. A result like that isn't a total surprise.

I can take a loss by Boston or any other team for that matter...its the 6 consecutive goals that I dont like. Id rather see a 0-3 loss.

yeah... i mean i really don't care about this season, we're OBVIOUSLY not winning the cup, so we need to use it to build something and get some good experience for our young guys

to me seriously i just want them to resign Zach, and after games like this i can only imagine how bad Zach does not want to resign lol

It's not the worst (not with Moose anyway)...there's a lot of hideous goaltending numbers right now. Tampa, Anaheim, Carolina, Columbus, etc.

It's amazing how quick we are to blame the goalies and we don't want to blame the D, which is awful (especially without Volch and Greene). I guess it's easier to blame an old guy than a kid.

I don't think anyone's blaming Marty per-say. It's pretty difficult to win a hockey game scoring 1 goal. However, I think it's pretty easy to say that at least 1 or 2 of the 6 goals should have been stopped, and many more other ones throughout this season should have been as well. Every goalie gives up a bad goal here and there, but when you can count on your goalies to give up at least one per night, you're not going places.

Yeah one or two of the third period goals should have been stopped but that's called not competing. Marty was fine when it was actually a game, when Tallinder and Larsson weren't making mongloid mistakes. Marty's been victimized by the D just as much as he's victimized them if not more but Marty's the only one that seems to ever get blame.

yea, being able to listen to Doc was my personal highlight. :)

*sigh*

Mites on ice was my highlight. Wish we didn't have to subject Doc to a 2010 flashback :P

It's not the worst (not with Moose anyway)...there's a lot of hideous goaltending numbers right now. Tampa, Anaheim, Carolina, Columbus, etc.

It's amazing how quick we are to blame the goalies and we don't want to blame the D, which is awful (especially without Volch and Greene). I guess it's easier to blame an old guy than a kid.

Yeah one or two of the third period goals should have been stopped but that's called not competing. Marty was fine when it was actually a game, when Tallinder and Larsson weren't making mongloid mistakes. Marty's been victimized by the D just as much as he's victimized them if not more but Marty's the only one that seems to ever get blame.

The D gets plenty of blame around here, so I don't think it's fair to say that Brodeur and Hedberg get all the blame. Regardless, I think it's fair to say that in most games, our goalies give up at least one bad goal, and that IS on them, and has nothing to do with the D. Last game against Ottawa was a perfect example of a bad goal which ended up costing us the game. There have been many others this season.

As for the defense itself, you are also selling it short. Yes, we have had our fair share of giveaways and horrible positioning. But if you look at the numbers, we don't give up many scoring chances, so I'm not sure how much blame you can really put there.

the pk was nuts, we gave 1 up and im not using it as a positive but it was inspiring, thats all, they dont even get momentum from the pk and we just showed everyone why the best pk doesnt mean sh1t. vs. 5 on 5

I thought they they finished off the second period strong, and that was mostly due to a bump from effectively killing off the penalty.

...then both teams went into the locker rooms, and that evaporated (obviously).

The D gets plenty of blame around here, so I don't think it's fair to say that Brodeur and Hedberg get all the blame. Regardless, I think it's fair to say that in most games, our goalies give up at least one bad goal, and that IS on them, and has nothing to do with the D. Last game against Ottawa was a perfect example of a bad goal which ended up costing us the game. There have been many others this season.

As for the defense itself, you are also selling it short. Yes, we have had our fair share of giveaways and horrible positioning. But if you look at the numbers, we don't give up many scoring chances, so I'm not sure how much blame you can really put there.

That bad goal may or may not have been deflected by Taormina the other night...and who cares about a bad goal at 5-1 tonight? Marty also bailed Larsson out on a breakaway seconds before the non-shorthanded goal earlier in the game. People blame Marty because they don't want to face the fact the entire team's just as spotty, so it's easier to blame the one guy.

Our goalie uses fvcking rogaine

Okay that made me laugh :lol: Marty uses rogaine and eats pizza.

Edited by NJDevs4978

That bad goal may or may not have been deflected by Taormina the other night...and who cares about a bad goal at 5-1 tonight? Marty also bailed Larsson out on a breakaway seconds before the non-shorthanded goal earlier in the game. People blame Marty because they don't want to face the fact the entire team's just as spotty, so it's easier to blame the one guy.

You're not understanding what I'm saying. 1 or 2 bad goals tonight obviously mean nothing. But in the grand scheme of things, we can't go anywhere with goalies who reliably let up bad goals on most nights. It may or may not have cost us the game on Monday, but it should never get to that in the first place. Again, every goalie lets in bad goals - it's part of the game. But when your goalies do so consistently, it makes it very hard to get into a rhythm, a winning streak, a playoff appearance, and most of all winning a Stanley Cup. And that's exactly my point - no matter how much this team gets healthy, no matter how much it continues to grasp DeBoer's system, no matter how much better Larsson and the D get, we simply have no chance this year with the current state of our goalies, unless Brodeur suddenly goes back in time a few years and puts up a good run.

Edited by Amberite

Seriously, just shut your fvcking trap. Not just you, and I'm sorry you had to be the scapegoat for this one, but the whole collective group of butt-hurt fans who act like they're entitled to see the Devils clean the schedule in first place and waltz to a fvcking stanley cup... as if the Devils were doing you some personal injustice by losing this game.

It's a game in January against the best team in the conference and we got our butts handed to us. It happens. But all of these stupid fvcking fans who think that just because we won 3 cups in 9 years almost TWO DECADES ago, we're going to skip our way to the playoffs with a division crown and home ice advantage, need a fvcking reality check. Go look at our fvcking roster, we have talent to COMPETE, but we have a blue-line dominated by kids who are BOUND to have bad games, erratic-at-best stars and a top 6 that changes every fvcking night. Our goalie uses fvcking rogaine, our coach has barely been in place for 6 fvcking months, our superstar goes from Wayne Van Dorp to Wayne Gretzky and back every fvcking night, and our 'sniper' has a daughter that's old enough to sleep with legally... we are not going to dominate like we used to and that's just a simple fact.

Accept it that this team is a playoff contender, accept it that we won't dominate teams with any consistancy, ENJOY the fvcking season because you LOVE the team you root for, or go the hell away.

amen. I feel exactly the same, minus the vulgar language.. We saw a great team play tonight..it was not ours. I can say I our D is young and so on.. but no excuse for our forwards..