Dan Carcillo suspended indefinitely

jim777

Honestly, this would have been more fun if he was still a Flyer and not a BlackHawk.

http://articles.chic...-jonathan-toews

Said Quenneville: "His leash is definitely a lot shorter than most every player in the league. It's tough finding that right balance, but from our perspective, he's doing everything we want."

wow... that's all I can say is wow...

Talk about a lack of "vision" on the ice. If a player don't realize that himself and his opponent are 6 feet from the boards when he goes to check him, then the league is better off keeping him suspended.

That being said, I have to admit that seeing Gilbert going flying like that reminded me of watching Tendenby a couple of times this season. Aside from the boarding and getting his face smashed in, of course. hehe

(That and Gilbert is 6-3, 206lbs of course [i looked it up to make sure])

No one had the puck yet.

Interference that includes a shove from behind, resulting in a dangerous play near the end boards. How is that "not that bad" ???

He would have driven the Oiler face-first into the boards had Gilbert not had his feet go out from under him.

edit:

so if two players are chasing a loose puck equally when can contact initiate?

Looks like Carcillo was chasing the player, not the puck.

Edited by SegaDevil

No one had the puck yet.

Interference that includes a shove from behind, resulting in a dangerous play near the end boards. How is that "not that bad" ???

He would have driven the Oiler face-first into the boards had Gilbert not had his feet go out from under him.

edit:

Yeah it was more of an interference call.

No one had the puck yet.

edit:

Carcillo hit Gilbert in the shoulder and Gilbert hits the boards shoulder first but awkwardly. It's not a great play, but I've seen plays like that where nobody is penalized at all, let alone a major and a lengthy suspension.

Edited by Devils731

Carcillo is a douche and this hit is pretty questionable as to Carcillo intentions, but it's pretty far from being a truly malicious and dirty hit that's deserving of this kind of supplementary discipline. It's becoming pretty clear that if you have a track record of making dirty plays and taking cheapshots against other players, any type of play that's borderline even, will get you slapped by the Shanahammer pretty hard. Whether or not that's the way things should be or are best way to be done is another debate, but Shanahan has at least been fairly consistent with the way he's called these plays.

If you watch the slow-mo replay from the low angle, it's easy to see that Carcillo's (left, I'm almost certain) knee is hyper-extended, and in the wrong direction.

As to the "not that bad" comments... notice that the puck is just hitting the corner boards (15 ft away) when Carcillo starts his check, but more imporantly Carcillo is trying to put Gilbert into the boards from a spot in front of the goal line! I mean... come on!

Oh, and Gilbert is 220lbs. I said that in my post above (ahem).

Not that bad, no suspension warranted. The puck was nearby, seems like he makes contact under Gilberts arm which is not dirty or illegal. Don't see much wrong with this hit

No shove from behind, no hit to the face, no punch, no stick to the head, head not targeted at all for that matter. What are we bitching about?

Edited by '7'

Are we watching the same play?!?

No one had the puck yet.

edit:

They were even at the circle, and yeah Carcillo slowed to prepare for the hit which put him on the shoulder/ back shoulder area.

you have to brace for the hit. most guys start banging each other way before the puck, happens every game

he just caught him off balance and it looked spectacular. I was just at the ice house public holiday skating and saw MANy just as spectacular wipe outs into the boards from newbs of all ages LOL! tremendous falls with feet over the head LOL