GDT: Florida @ New Jersey - 1/6/12

NJCroMag

I don't think people realize how HUGE tomorrow's game is. If the Devils win they wouldn't just hop over the Pens in both the Atlantic and Conference but they would only be 2 pts behind the Flyers for 2nd in the Atlantic and 4th in the conference. This year is SUPER weird. They started the night in 9th place and look at those possibilities. Now I understand why all you guys get so mad at me lol

I will be a very happy man if they win tomorrow. I don't see why they shouldn't be able too. The Pens will be looking for revenge but hopefully the meeting we had stays in the Devils heads and they take tonights win with them and play the same if not better. LGD ! ! !

And to make matters even better..I just found the NHL Network HD channel on Comcast YES! :evil:

Gotta love parity, huh?

lol

I like the Devils putting out Elias in between Kovy and Parise for some of the defensive zone draws. Neither Henrique nor Elias are going to beat great faceoff guys that often, but Elias is going to put in better defense once the draw is one.

On the flipside, I also dislike this because the Devils only 2 lines tonight, so using up basically 2 offensive lines on defensive zone draws left way too many times that the 3rd or 4th line would take the offensive zone draws.

Also, Janssen played 2 minutes tonight and was -1. He's been garbage all the season, it's ridiculous he's ever in the lineup.

Let's not go overboard with the crowds. Under 16,000 tonight and Wednesday. Not impressive but not terrible. Crowds look big because the Rock is small that 14000 in the building would look like an okay crowd.

It actually 'did' look like more both nights though (Wednesday is hearsay cause I wasn't there but from what I read it sounded like more than the paid attendance and it sure looked that way tonight). Especially since the lower bowl was pretty filled believe it or not. Granted the upper corners were still the usual ghost town but unless they were literally giving away tickets and didn't count them I'd say tonight looked over 16,000. The Devils do have a habit of shifting around the books a bit...underreporting some games and overreporting others.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Once again good things happened when Kovy was stuck on the ice with Elias and Sykora. They had another great rush which ended in a goal. They had a great shift together in the boston game, this should be one of the top lines when the Henrique Parise Kovy line cools off.

Good win. Great give and go Kovy-Elias-Patty. That's the way it needs to work. Still need to get better at holding leads.

Things to note: Devils are now the sole league leaders in SHG for with 8.

The Devils PP is now ranked 28th in the league and

They are of course last with 12 SHG allowed. The combined SHG allowed for the 29th and 30th ranked PPs: 7

That was from the Devils facebook page. I just thought it was a perfect picture.

Yeah, special night for patty, we stayed through debs interview. first time I was in the lower section behind the goal! was surprised that it turned out to be sect 3 in the wheelchair platform right next to the dancers mini platform. the area turned into a zoo in the 3rd period when mr devil came behind me while the girls were dancing and banged that drum near my head, LOL I nearly jumped out of my seat, but it started the goal flurry!

game looked much faster behind the net, I enjoyed it. and I never realized how much we dump the puck in vs skating it in.

4th line was yuck, kovy had way too many no look passes wind up on panthers sticks, and why is he double shifted with the 4th? moose so so but we let those guys back us into him

my kid is 6-0 at the rock! I keep telling him, now dont get mad if we lose

So what the heck happened on that delay of game call against Parise? I mean I followed the puck the whole way, and it clearly landed in the back corner of our bench. Was that just a blown call, or is there some rule that could explain it?

Basically it landed in the bench but it went up and over the high glass that is the sideboards to do it.

Normally a puck in the bench is not a penalty because it goes over the area where there is no glass, so the player is not penalized for no glass being there, in this case Parise is penalized because he put it over the high glass.

Zach knew it right away too... he started arguing a little when everyone on the bench started yelling (and Clarkson made a good show of things), but yea... everyone knew that it was actually the right call.