1/7/12 Viewing Parties

devs82fan

First I've heard of either of these. I'd love to go, but they're both just over an hour away (in either direction), which kinda sucks.

I am at Miami mikes now and after tonight I'm done with viewing parties here. They have the devils stuff on the side room and in a corner where there is a kids party. The main room is for football where there are literally four people watching it while the devils area is packed. It is stupid on top of stupid and honestly I'm not going to miss the sh!tty overpriced food here and the fake jerseys they are selling for $50 in the hall.

I am at Miami mikes now and after tonight I'm done with viewing parties here. They have the devils stuff on the side room and in a corner where there is a kids party. The main room is for football where there are literally four people watching it while the devils area is packed. It is stupid on top of stupid and honestly I'm not going to miss the sh!tty overpriced food here and the fake jerseys they are selling for $50 in the hall.

yea i know! i went there by myself and there was no room to sit so after a while i left. i saw the football area too and there was like no one in there. it's also like a million degrees in there, i think he actually wants it to feel like miami in there haha

yea i know! i went there by myself and there was no room to sit so after a while i left. i saw the football area too and there was like no one in there. it's also like a million degrees in there, i think he actually wants it to feel like miami in there haha

Literally every time I go here I come out saying that I will never go here again, but this is the last straw. Add to that sh!tty overpriced food and it is no longer worth it. Our spinach artichoke dip used frozen spinach and my buddy who ordered potato skins, they used Bacon bits (you know the fake Bacon pieces) instead of real Bacon.

BTW as of 748 there is one football jersey in the main area compared to nine devils jerseys yet they still are showing foodball in there.

Literally every time I go here I come out saying that I will never go here again, but this is the last straw. Add to that sh!tty overpriced food and it is no longer worth it. Our spinach artichoke dip used frozen spinach and my buddy who ordered potato skins, they used Bacon bits (you know the fake Bacon pieces) instead of real Bacon.

BTW as of 748 there is one football jersey in the main area compared to nine devils jerseys yet they still are showing foodball in there.

i went to the one at miami mikes in december when daneyko was there and it was fun, but i don't know why they had to have a football one on the same night as the devils one tonight. a few weeks ago there was a viewing party in newton, nj at the stadium bar and it was good because there was a big room for the devils fans.

I was at that one at the stadium and that was better than this. They are not having a football viewing party, it is for people who just walk in and watch the game there. That is fine but they should have been in the side room and the devils in the main room. If you are going to advertise a viewing party, don't just push it off to a smaller side room, especially if it is for charity.

I was at that one at the stadium and that was better than this. They are not having a football viewing party, it is for people who just walk in and watch the game there. That is fine but they should have been in the side room and the devils in the main room. If you are going to advertise a viewing party, don't just push it off to a smaller side room, especially if it is for charity.

yea they made it sound like the whole place was gonna be for the devils. pat said he's gonna set up more viewing parties at the stadium in the future so that's good.

Miami Mikes is garbage.. Last time I went we got "pints" of beer for a ridiculous price and served in cups wayyy smaller than a pint.. Waitress also got pissed when we tried to split the bill and ended up charging all 3 of us the full bill "by mistake"

Plus its a little bit dick to have a viewing party the same night as the team is having one.. Granted the teams party was in Brielle, but it's still a little like stepping on the toes of the team that has parties at your establishment.. I mean I live 15 minutes from Miami Mikes and an hour from Brielle but would have gone to Brielle if I wasn't busy last night

Edited by Colin226

yea they made it sound like the whole place was gonna be for the devils. pat said he's gonna set up more viewing parties at the stadium in the future so that's good.

Yeah I would like to have atleast 2-3 more through out the rest of the season even if its just more of a "get together" like it was last time for all of us around here. I think if we have a few more this year and then in the off season push and say that we had a good turnout several times this year we can get the Devils to actually support it rather then saying they are going to and then just letting it slide. I have passed Miami Mikes several times and it just seemed like the typical sports bar that they are trying way to hard. I dont think Ill ever step foot in that place.

Miami Mikes is garbage.. Last time I went we got "pints" of beer for a ridiculous price and served in cups wayyy smaller than a pint.. Waitress also got pissed when we tried to split the bill and ended up charging all 3 of us the full bill "by mistake"

Plus its a little bit dick to have a viewing party the same night as the team is having one.. Granted the teams party was in Brielle, but it's still a little like stepping on the toes of the team that has parties at your establishment.. I mean I live 15 minutes from Miami Mikes and an hour from Brielle but would have gone to Brielle if I wasn't busy last night

Yeah I remember that and like I said last night that is prob the last time I am going there between the retarded seating arrangement, the food (which had made both me and my gf sick to our stomachs afterwards, the selling of knockoff jerseys in the hall for $50 and the expensive drinks (btw they have on the bottom of the menu written in large that there is no free refills on anything)

Mike is really not a fan of any of the local sports teams, he is only a fan of the dollar. He could care less about the devils and hell when I went to his site last time on the main page, there is a little flash video of him on the bottom where he comes out in different sports jerseys and for hockey he has on a rags jersey. He really could care less about the devils.

Also BTW this party was also at least partially planned by vic from sports express. This is the second viewing party I have been to where he sponsors it and both times have been a bust. First one was at Edison ale house a couple weeks before the first official one wad there and at vic's only about eight people showed up including him. There was a bigger turn out for pats last month in Sussex and he wasn't even advertising it heavily on Facebook like vic was. Plus he is a little bit of a Dick last night and couldn't understand why my party of six didn't want to sit near a children's party at Miami mikes to watch the game. Sorry dude but if I wanted that I would have gone to chuck e cheese across the street.

Finally the prizes were mostly leftovers from eariler signings at sports express. There were stuff signed by rod pelley, langenbrunner, rolston, taormina, Elias and a couple of parise stuff including a signed parise jerseys but in a size small. They also had fake devils dancers too.

Oh BTW that server who overcharged you last time if I remember right you said she was a blonde names joclyn. Well look at yelp for Miami mikes and there happens to be a five star review for the place by a blonde named joclyn and it happens to be her only review.

I did think it was odd they were giving away Rolston and Langs stuff but whatever. Like at the arena itself I plan on eating dinner before I get there and the overpriced meal is the only option. They really shouldn't have viewing parties the same night as NFL playoff games, since the bars make too much money catering to the NFL fan.

I could care less what his motivation for having the viewing parties are, it's still a good way to get a piece of the arena atmosphere and maybe win something. Plus that's the only place near me where they ever have viewing parties.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I did think it was odd they were giving away Rolston and Langs stuff but whatever. Like at the arena itself I plan on eating dinner before I get there and the overpriced meal is the only option. They really shouldn't have viewing parties the same night as NFL playoff games, since the bars make too much money catering to the NFL fan.

I could care less what his motivation for having the viewing parties are, it's still a good way to get a piece of the arena atmosphere and maybe win something. Plus that's the only place near me where they ever have viewing parties.

Is you happened to be in any area except the side room that was packed, you got no sense of being part of the viewing party. My table as well as at least seven or eight tables in the main room barely felt like we were at a viewing party. Add to that Miami mike had the NFL playoff game blasting on the sound system made it very distracting and had no feel of being at the arena, let alone a viewing party.