GDT: New Jersey @ Calgary - 1/10/12

NJCroMag

Very strange that this team plays better down a man. Doesn't make sense. I'm actually disappointed the team scored only 3 goals tonight. They should have been able to put up a 5 spot on this team. They're missing 9 players? Back up goalie. Not playing well. :noclue:

They just beat PIT the other day - a game I would have bet they would have loss - even with PIT's injuries.

A quick search of NJ history will show that they typically do poor against WC teams on the 1st night.

If you go into every game night thinking that NJ MUST beat a team - purely because they are lower in the standings - your going to need medication at a young age!

This is what this team is - loses games you expect them to win - wins some you expect them to lose.

Gives up goals when the have an advantage - scores goals when they are at the disadvantage.

Might I suggest a nice alcoholic beverage to relax you... :cheers:

This is a game the devils will win 9 times out of 10. It was the pathetic goaltending that put us behind the eight ball early and it was too big of a hole to climb out. Combine it with a bunch of dumb plays by the defense and clarkson too busy diving right before the last goal and this is what happens. Yeah this game sucks but like I said we would normally win this and I wish the offense played like this every game.

Well, that sucked.

hey, subtract the first period and we actually won that game... (yea, looking for the silver lining here).

Up North to Edmonton tomorrow.

...I'd guess that Marty is back in net tomorrow now, since Moose (sorta) played 3/4 of the game tonight.

38-14 Devils outshoot the Flames. Hmm. Yea I think another meeting needs to be held but this time the front office attends it only and discusses wtf we're going to do if we want to get into the playoffs this year. We just went from 5th to hanging on to the 7th spot by a thread and now trail the Flyers by 6 points. Excellent night.

Only positives here are Kovalchuck scoring and the PK, SHG.

Flames with 6 goals on 14 shots. SMDH

38-14 Devils outshoot the Flames. Hmm. Yea I think another meeting needs to be held but this time the front office attends it only and discusses wtf we're going to do if we want to get into the playoffs this year. We just went from 5th to hanging on to the 7th spot by a thread and now trail the Flyers by 6 points. Excellent night.

Only positives here are Kovalchuck scoring and the PK, SHG.

And a win tomorrow we could be in fifth again. Let's just worry about making the top 8 and not worry about position within that.

These nights happened last year too, it was just that the offense would score 0 or 1 goals like normal so it was ignored. Another 20 minutes and that's probably a tie game, but the goalies gave up 3 weak goals and another stoppable shot.

Yup, agreed.

Yes. Yes we are.

Well if you have that attitude you'll be pissed off a lot more than not. We'll win our games but we'll play like this too. We're not quite there yet and yes goaltending is obviously part of the problem.

Obviously we're not all gonna agree... but what's done is done. hopefully they rebound tomorrow.

Out of emotion I want to keep him but logically we need to get rid of Hedberg. We need a big young goalie to relieve and pace Marty to the end, not an old, small one.

Devils really should have started doing that at least a couple years ago. Right now Marty is playing like he going to retire after this season.

Edited by DevsMan84

They just beat PIT the other day - a game I would have bet they would have loss - even with PIT's injuries.

A quick search of NJ history will show that they typically do poor against WC teams on the 1st night.

If you go into every game night thinking that NJ MUST beat a team - purely because they are lower in the standings - your going to need medication at a young age!

This is what this team is - loses games you expect them to win - wins some you expect them to lose.

Gives up goals when the have an advantage - scores goals when they are at the disadvantage.

Might I suggest a nice alcoholic beverage to relax you... :cheers:

I hear you and thanks for the relaxing words but it's just disappointed because the Devils outplayed this team and lost because of the G's. It's as clear as day as to why they lost. I guess I'm just not used to the team losing because of bad goaltending.

Well if you have that attitude you'll be pissed off a lot more than not. We'll win our games but we'll play like this too. We're not quite there yet and yes goaltending is obviously part of the problem.

Obviously we're not all gonna agree... but what's done is done. hopefully they rebound tomorrow.

Oh someone will be rebounding tomorrow and his name is MB30. He'll be giving up rebounds and goals.

I hear you and thanks for the relaxing words but it's just disappointed because the Devils outplayed this team and lost because of the G's. It's as clear as day as to why they lost. I guess I'm just not used to the team losing because of bad goaltending.

Better it to be clear why they loss then to not have a clue as to the cause right?

Lol if that's the case I will advise you to never watch any devils highlights or old games pre-brodeur.

Edited by DevsMan84

heh... Chico in the post game says "I like the look of our power play now"

I don't know about you guys, but I don't. It's the same power play it's been all year, they're just managing to bury a couple. They're still way too static on the power play, once they all get set up in the zone. I wish that someone on the coaching staff would notice that a lot of their best chances come when they're first gaining the zone and/or as a result of a (partially) broken play.

If you watch just about any other team (especially the Canucks or Bruins), their power plays are in almost constant motion. The Devils have nearly the worst power play in the league, and they deserve it right now. They have the personnel to have a great power play too, dammit.

Anyone watching this Pete DeBOREEE interview? After being asked "What happened out there?" First words out of his mouth are 'I Don't Know." Na, not cool with that.

fvck this guy. This team could go to the ECF this year and I still wouldn't like this guy. I've had it with him and the goaltending.

Edited by ScoreMoreThan3