Devils Vs. (previously) Undefeated Lightning

DevilMinder

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PaDevsFan posted: "Well as great as this game is right now, lets put this in perspective ok. I mean maybe you can refer to me as a non beleiver after my post from below about the Devs scoring, but come on here. We are playing against the tampa Bay Lightning (yes they are undefeated, but they are still the lightning) Also we are playing against a Goaltender that hasnt seen NHL action since 2000. this isnt Khabibulin in net tonight guys. Yes I am excited at least it shouldnt be another 1 goal victory, but lets start to get some confidence now and go out and start puttin the biscuit in the basket more consistantly!!"

PaDevsFan let's not take too lightly that Tampa is a better team so far this season than previous season. I agree they must have thought that Corey was going to play so they put in their backup. It certainly isn't the same as playing against Khabibulin therefore while everyone should be excited about the fact that the Devils won by more than 1 goal and they scored the most goals in a game so far this season it was against a rookie goalie. So Devils fans don't get too excited with the scoring performance. Be more concerned with the fact that the other team has been scoring in the 3rd period against the Devils and it's been 3 or 4 shutout killed due to 3rd period goal as a spoiller. Doesn't speak that well about the "Defense." Good to have another win, should build confidence for the Devils even though it tainted with scoring against a rookie goalie who hasn't played in 2 years.

Marty would tell us that it's about wins and he is happy they are 6-1 however he really gets pissed about having these shutouts taken from his personal record.

Who would imagined that Madden would be the leading scorer to date? It's scary that he is.

Good win however. they came away with 3-0 for last 3 games when I said 0-3 or 1-2. That should give them confidence.

Stevens made a great pass to Madden for goal. He was beaten a lot tonight on his side, however.

Good win.

Well as great as this game is right now, lets put this in perspective ok. I mean maybe you can refer to me as a non beleiver after my post from below about the Devs scoring, but come on here. We are playing against the tampa Bay Lightning (yes they are undefeated, but they are still the lightning) Also we are playing against a Goaltender that hasnt seen NHL action since 2000. this isnt Khabibulin in net tonight guys. Yes I am excited at least it shouldnt be another 1 goal victory, but lets start to get some confidence now and go out and start puttin the biscuit in the basket more consistantly!!

Come on now! The other night, people were saying how we should have trounced on the poor Thrashers and were disappointed that we only won 2-1. So tonight we trounce on a much better Lightning team, and that's still not good enough? Give the guys a break!

So Khabibulin wasn't in goal. He wouldn't have stopped all of those goals either. We dominated that game at both ends & on the PP, and we finally got a PP goals. Can't we enjoy it a little bit?

GR, I wasn't trying to dis Khabibulin - I know he's a great goalie. But we got a couple of fluke bounces, and the lack of Lightning defense tonight would have put a lot of pressure on him. I still think we would have gotten probably 3 of those goals. Just my 2 cents.

Be more concerned with the fact that the other team has been scoring in the 3rd period against the Devils and it's been 3 or 4 shutout killed due to 3rd period goal as a spoiller. Doesn't speak that well about the "Defense."

Giving up a few late goals means we are bad defensivly, what about only giving up 11 goals in 7 games?

I don't get the logic.

Good to have another win, should build confidence for the Devils even though it tainted with scoring against a rookie goalie who hasn't played in 2 years.

the horror, we beat the team we played. They didn't start their number 1 goalie, maybe we shuodl give them our backup casue he is better then their backup. Make it more fair. What is the team supposed to do, not beat teams casue it's their backup. The other wins are tainted casue our pp doesn't score. 1 win is tainted casue it's ot. We are 6-1. Isn't the goal of the game to win? I must be missing something here. I know it wasn't this post but the people who said they rather lose 6-5 then win 2-1 games are off their rocker. The object is winning. If not tell me what it is. As for not winning this way, tell that to the 95 team.

Marty would tell us that it's about wins and he is happy they are 6-1 however he really gets pissed about having these shutouts taken from his personal record.

How do you know? Have you ever seen him say anything close to that? You are tryoing to read minds again. Was he the one that broke his stick after the game? Did he not have his smile on his face?

Who would imagined that Madden would be the leading scorer to date? It's scary that he is.

Madden is one of the few guys playing with a couple people he played with last year. He got that little jump back in his step that he lost last year. Speed is key to this year, hje has it. He has taken advantage of it.

Also, it's a small sample. Take a look at 20 game stretches or so and the elite usually rise to the top.

Good win however. they came away with 3-0 for last 3 games when I said 0-3 or 1-2. That should give them confidence.

confidence casue you said they would lose or casue they won? Maybe it should give you confidence that this team as a bit of skill.

I know, cheap shot.

Stevens made a great pass to Madden for goal. He was beaten a lot tonight on his side, however.

when I said cheap hot, I was talking baout my comment towards you, not this cheap shot towards stevens.

Come on guys, we beat the last undefeated team in the league 5-1 to go 6-1 on the season, I mean, it's pretty obvious we stink. :rolleyes:

Oh, and if you're so worried about that third period goal, it came off a 3-2, the shot bounced off the boards and slid right to the post where it was banged in, just a freak goal. Jeez the Devils win 5-1 against a team that was averaging OVER 4 goals a game and your sitting there upset about the one we gave up? <_<

Joe B why do you bother? I was answering another post. If you can't understand, I won't help you. 3rd period goals doesn't speak to entire game when there are 3 periods. As for tainted you just can't or won't understand what tainted is about. thus is a waste of my time, forget it.

Anyone complaining now can't possibly be serious.

Yes, the win came against the Lightning. Yes, they beat Tampa's backup goalie.

Weren't we playing teams like this and losing to them last year?

The Devils offense hasn't gotten into full swing yet, but now all of the major forwards have a goal under their belts.

As long as the effort keeps up, this team can easily play .500 hockey the rest of the year. Getting off to a good start makes a difference.. because right now, .500 hockey would probably get them into the playoffs.

Joe B why do you bother?

Why do I bother what? This is a board for discussions. I tend to post when I disagree with something. I tend to dissagree with lots of what you say, alnog with a few others (usually derek, 7, and ky). I also hate when people contradict themselves.

I was answering another post. If you can't understand, I won't help you.

the whole pouint of expressing your ideas and opinoins are helping people understand what you are talking about. If you really want people to agree with you, or at least try and see your opinoin, why not help them out.

3rd period goals doesn't speak to entire game when there are 3 periods.

yes, so to say the defense is bad for third period goals, and ignoring the first 2 periods of games is misleading. The defense has been pretty good so far. You said it it doesn't speak well for the defense. Which is it? Is the defense not well casue of the third period golas against, or is it ok casue of the 11 goals in 7 games?

As for tainted you just can't or won't understand what tainted is about. thus is a waste of my time, forget it.

just like the tainted cup we won in 95 casue it was half a season like I've heard a thousands of times.

A win is a win is a win. If I don't understand, you can bet dollars to doughnuts that others don't understand.

Joe

i looooove the new jersey devils!! i would love them if they were 6-1 or 1-6

i dont underdtand why some of u ppl cant do the same? dont act like its a chore being a devils fan because its not, its a privledge! so dont worry and b happy! nanananananananana dont worry be happy now!!!!

dont act like its a chore being a devils fan because its not

This about sums up my feelings. Certain posters can't even just enjoy a nice solid 5-1 game. No, we didn't win 5-1, we won 5-1 against a backup goalie playing for an over-acheiving team that's gonna come back down to earth, and we gave up another third period goal. Man we stink.

Joe, Madden was playing with Langenbrunner and Guolla, not exactly an established line. That being said, the line produced 3 goals. great production from the 3rd line. Maybe Burns has found part of the offensive formula.

The only line not to produce was the McKenzie-Stevenson-Danton line, which allowed the only TBL score halfway into the 3rd period.

DAnton was getting under the skin of Martin St. Louis early. St. Louis scored 2 against NYR earlier this week.

Both teams played very disciplined hockey, 4 or 5 penalties total, rare offsides, a very fast moving game. The Devils speed is now being matched by their passing game. There were a lot of complex passes.

The Devils skated last night, that's why they won. Madden showed he could score in a place other then 5-hole...

Newy finally got a goal, not the prettiest, but it was a goal...

Guolla had a nice back hander to finish off a NICE offensive pressure....

Elias looked good, but he wants to be too fancy. I wish he just sticked to basics and shot the puck...

Brodeur lost another shut-out in the 3rd, poor guy...

Anyway, this was the best game for the Devils in the season so far, I don't care if it was against the lightning...

PS. the calenders kick ass.....

It's still early, but don't you think people will start paying more attention to the Devils. The defense sounds solid (no TV only over the net) The pace of each game sounds faster and more furious. I am glad the Devils beat the bolts. It ligitimizes what has happened so far this season.