Police Make Winter Classic Brawl Arrest

Devilsfan118

I hadn't seen this posted yet:

Police make Winter Classic Brawl Arrest

"The instigator of a brutal fight that ended with a New York Rangers fan lying stunned in the middle of a Philadelphia intersection faces assault charges stemming from the altercation between rival hockey fans following the NHL Winter Classic, police said Friday."

Another brawl involving Flyers fans! The kicker? BOTH were from New Jersey! I'm curious how two drunk a$$holes managed to knockout an off-duty police officer, and an Iraq War vet..

Video of the incident:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:7428428

"The instigator of a brutal fight that ended with a New York Rangers fan lying stunned in the middle of a Philadelphia intersection faces assault charges stemming from the altercation between rival hockey fans following the NHL Winter Classic, police said Friday."

Another brawl involving Flyers fans! The kicker? BOTH were from New Jersey! I'm curious how two drunk a$holes managed to knockout an off-duty police officer, and an Iraq War vet..

Video of the incident:

So, the Rangers fan was from New Jersey, and the Flyers fan was from New Jersey. ... Yep, that sounds about right.

The idiot posted about it on the internet bragging about how he beat the hell out of him then tried to remove it. How is that possible?! The guy wasnt intelligent?! NOOOO WAY! :rolleyes:

Wasn't that guy: http://woodbridge.patch.com/articles/no-arrests-yet-for-the-philly-flyers-fanatics-who-assaulted-a-woodbridge-cop

Dude who claimed it was him on Broad St Hockey was just an idiot.

This is the dude they arrested: http://woodbridge.patch.com/articles/suspect-arrested-in-woodbridge-cop-beating-after-phillies-rangers-game

Gloucester county is a pit. That joke NJ map that came out awhile back, the part that said "basically Alabama" or whatever, they forgot Gloucester county. Where most of the people talk with hick accents even though no one else within a couple hundred mile radius does.

Edited by maxpower
  • Like 1

Another brawl involving Flyers fans! The kicker? BOTH were from New Jersey! I'm curious how two drunk a$$holes managed to knockout an off-duty police officer, and an Iraq War vet..

Video of the incident:

The agressor should be made an example of. There is no reason for that in society. None.

Also, just on a side note, It kinda bothers me that they have to add the fact that he's an off-duty police officer / Iraq veteran in that every time they write the article.

Kinda makes me feel that the media paint a picture that those in civil service can't be "wrong"...

I respect members of civil service, but in this case, he was a regular Rangers fan waiting on line for a cheese steak and I really don't think his veteran status should make a difference.

Its typical of the media in an effort to garner up support. If it was anyone in any other station of life it would not have been as "sensational" of a news report...

Video of the incident:

Anybody can knock anybody out at any time. It doesn't matter that they're in law enforcement or served in Iraq. Half of the cops I work with aren't even big. They can run forever, do some push ups and pull ups but that doesn't necessarily mean they don't have glass jaws.

Anyway I'm glad they caught the dudes. I mean I think what happened could have went either way since the officer and vet were throwing punches as well.

I don't really see much happening here. At the most the dude will get hit with court costs and probation.

I'm sorry. After reading the report the guy had prior arrests and was already on probation, plus the cop he assaulted needs or needed surgery for his face. This guy will probably face a little bit of jail time unless he has an incredible lawyer.

Edited by ScoreMoreThan3

The agressor should be made an example of. There is no reason for that in society. None.

Also, just on a side note, It kinda bothers me that they have to add the fact that he's an off-duty police officer / Iraq veteran in that every time they write the article.

Kinda makes me feel that the media paint a picture that those in civil service can't be "wrong"...

I respect members of civil service, but in this case, he was a regular Rangers fan waiting on line for a cheese steak and I really don't think his veteran status should make a difference.

Its typical of the media in an effort to garner up support. If it was anyone in any other station of life it would not have been as "sensational" of a news report...

I'm in law enforcement and I completely agree here. 100%.

+ 1. Some cops are dicks, some aren't. This guy is a hockey fan who did very little wrong and got beaten up for no reason. No need to change the story.

Gloucester county is a pit. That joke NJ map that came out awhile back, the part that said "basically Alabama" or whatever, they forgot Gloucester county. Where most of the people talk with hick accents even though no one else within a couple hundred mile radius does.

Pretty much describes Flyers fans from NJ.. And Flyers fans in general live for the big hits their team throws around.. They cheer wildly even on bumps into the boards.. They pride themselves on being "tough and rowdy" but it's really just strength in numbers.. I will say that it's only a small percentage of the fan base that is like this, but that small percentage is a big enough bunch of idiots that they stain the whole group's name

Edited by Colin226

+1

This guy is from Glassboro. I went to school in Glassboro (Rowan U). The townies there are among the absolute dregs of society.

It's time to ban sporting events from Philadelphia. The people in that region have proven time and time again that they just can't handle it.