Golden Tortorella quote?

ohms law

https://twitter.com/#!/ChrisBottaNHL/status/159486867325202433

Chris Botta

@ChrisBottaNHL

(Since it won't make my newspaper) Tortorella: "I have my owner talking about the Stanley Cup. That's a bunch of bullsh!t."

:blink:

:giggle: I think?

What do you make of that?

Edited by ohms law

not metter what do you think about rags

but tort is a man. man with the balls

good reaction

Tortorella is an unprofessional idiot. When his teams lose, everyone hates him because of his antics. When he wins, everyone thinks his gritty style is genius.

What's funny is that Tortorella can't stand Avery, yet he is a coaching-world version of him.

Tortorella is an unprofessional idiot. When his teams lose, everyone hates him because of his antics. When he wins, everyone thinks his gritty style is genius.

What's funny is that Tortorella can't stand Avery, yet he is a coaching-world version of him.

Hate Tortorella all you want, the man can coach. He did a fine job with a lot of young players in Tampa with a couple of vets sprinkled in, and he's doing the same with the Rangers.

This is hilarious. Talking about the Cup in January... smart

Which is why he was right to shoot down Dolan's premature talk of one.

Hate Tortorella all you want, the man can coach. He did a fine job with a lot of young players in Tampa with a couple of vets sprinkled in, and he's doing the same with the Rangers.

I don't hate him at all, the man is simply as unprofessional as it gets. But again, "the man can coach" is something that is said about every coach during a winning season. Read some of the Rangers message boards from the past few years to hear what the fans thought of him when the team wasn't winning. Better yet, read some Tampa fan comments from the years after the cup win (which was miraculous in itself).

I don't hate him at all, the man is simply as unprofessional as it gets. But again, "the man can coach" is something that is said about every coach during a winning season. Read some of the Rangers message boards from the past few years to hear what the fans thought of him when the team wasn't winning. Better yet, read some Tampa fan comments from the years after the cup win (which was miraculous in itself).

Not every coach that has a winning season has a Cup on their resume. Calling it a miracle is silly.

You guys can't have it both ways, you can't say the team stinks and is overachieving, then give the coach no credit for 'that'.

this is how i think of the dolt...would you want him as your coach? thats a big HELL NO

the rags are so image concscious they mistake real talk for a real coach

tortorella's unprofessionalness, if that's a word (and i don't think it is), rarely extends past the media. the water bottle incident was indeed as unprofessional as it gets, but i think he's a fine coach.

Tortorella is an unprofessional idiot. When his teams lose,everyone hates him because of his antics. When he wins, everyone thinks his gritty style is genius.

I go along with this

in fact there were a bunch of threads this year (and last year) by Rags fans saying Tort's is no good, he must go, he's not the right coach for NY etc, etc, etc........now that they're in first place everything has changed. Lets see what people are saying in April/May/June

Edited by hargsy

tortorella's unprofessionalness, if that's a word (and i don't think it is), rarely extends past the media. the water bottle incident was indeed as unprofessional as it gets, but i think he's a fine coach.

I never said he's a bad coach, but I also don't think he's a great coach like some are saying he is. He's a decent coach, but that goes to sh!t when he has his temper tantrums and starts throwing dumb comments left and right. He is irritable and he has mood swings. There have been some problems between him and his players in the past (Avery the most obvious), and I'm sure it will only continue until he is eventually thrown out of New York. You only need to watch HBO's 24/7 this year to see how crazy he gets after every one of the opposition's goals. This is a coach who can ride a good (or streaky) team, but can't get more out of them when they aren't performing well, which in my opinion is the mark of a good coach. If you see what fans have to say about Tortorella any years other than this year, you'll hear the same.

I go along with this

in fact there were a bunch of threads this year (and last year) by Rags fans saying Tort's is no good, he must go, he's not the right coach for NY etc, etc, etc........now that they're in first place everything has changed. Lets see what people are saying in April/May/June

Exactly. The Rangers are overperforming and sitting pretty at the top of the NHL and suddenly Tortorella is a genius. Please.

Dolon obviously loves him though.

It's a business thing. Success breeds forgiveness, and measures of success or failure are so obvious in sports that it kinda amplifies everything.

This kinda puts a different (similar?) spin on things:

Devils begin playoff drive, or 'sprint to the finish'

“I think the term I used is it’s a sprint here to the finish and we’re in that sprint part,” DeBoer said today. “Unless you’re one of the teams at the very top or the very bottom, the other 25 teams are all in that push to the finish line. I know it sounds early to be talking about it, but it’s not.”

It does sound awfully early to be talking about this. At least DeBoer is just talking about the importance of getting every point possible, though.

I saw the clip of the Rags owner with a big 'ol sh!t eating grin on his face, blabbing and sounding like he truly believes that winning the Cup will be a breeze for the Rags.

Imo, I still believe that the Rags are overachieving. They don't have enough high end skill, even with Gaborik, Richards and even Stepan to consistently score enough goals to keep winning all these 1 goal games they have been playing. I think that by the end of the season, we'll see them beaten out for the division lead by Philly. That being said, I hope to all that is holy, that we just don't have to play them in the first round. I don't care who we get other than them and maybe Boston, any other team and I know that we'll have a good shot at winning, but I just know if we get the Rags, ugh....

Oh, there's no doubt in my mind that they're overachieving right now. Just look at their goal differential.

Not that the Rangers don't have a real shot at going far in the playoffs, but they're certainly not a lock (Boston, on the other hand...)

I wouldn't mind facing the Rangers in the first round, as I think that they're very beatable, but I do hope that it's someone else. Washington or Florida would be perfect, in my view.

I wouldn't mind facing the Rangers in the first round, as I think that they're very beatable, but I do hope that it's someone else. Washington or Florida would be perfect, in my view.

Nope, want nothing to do with the rangers in the first round. I could see that series being an easy. 4- or 5-game series for the Rags, with the Devils scoring less than 2 goals a game on the Queen.

Hell I'd rather face the Flyers

You guys are just freaking out because they're the cross town rivals and they happen to be in first place. They're not that good.

You guys are just freaking out because they're the cross town rivals and they happen to be in first place. They're not that good.

They're the #1 team in our division and the EC for a reason. They are good

I also thought it was simply another one of those hot starts by the rags that they always do then fall back down to earth, but it's reached more than the half way point of the season and they beat a top team in the Bruins today. They're for real and I would be scared to play them in the first round next to Boston.

I hate them but they will be a pain in the ass for a long time. Coupled with the Flyers (Giroux you can argue is the MVP next to Malkin) and the Penguins. Islanders are the Islanders lol.

Edited by USAkid90