Golden Tortorella quote?

ohms law

They are good. What I said was that they're not that good. Boston is the only team right now that I'd put into another category. Everyone else (including the Devils) is in the same group until you get to the Blue Jackets, Islanders, and Hurricanes of the league.

I forget who it was, but someone said something in the GDT last night which resonates with me and is appropriate here: this isn't football, where the individual games count for most of the season. There are 82 games in an NHL season, spread out over more than 6 months. Drawing conclusions based on one game, such as by saying things such as "they beat a top team in the Bruins today", is a mistake.

They are good. What I said was that they're not that good. Boston is the only team right now that I'd put into another category. Everyone else (including the Devils) is in the same group until you get to the Blue Jackets, Islanders, and Hurricanes of the league.

I forget who it was, but someone said something in the GDT last night which resonates with me and is appropriate here: this isn't football, where the individual games count for most of the season. There are 82 games in an NHL season, spread out over more than 6 months. Drawing conclusions based on one game, such as by saying things such as "they beat a top team in the Bruins today", is a mistake.

The Rangers aren't on the Boston level (despite beating them) but they, the Flyers and a few teams out West are absolutely on another tier than us, the teams that are pretty much no-doubters to make the playoffs. We're on the third tier, the bubble teams that could go either way. Then the Isles, Columbus etc are the last tier.

And conclusions based on one game? It's more than half the season now. We haven't been able to play with the elite all year and if the Rangers haven't done enough to prove to you guys they're for real I don't know what to tell you. They had a 93-point season last year, added Richards, have their top defenseman back in the lineup after playing without him in the whole first half and have one of the top two or three goaltending tandems in the game.

Edited by NJDevs4978

While I agree that nobody is on Boston's level (they have a sick goal differential and are the defending Stanley Cup Champs) the Rags are like 7-3 vs them the last 2 or so years and the Queen's career numbers against that team is crazy. Both teams literary play a mirror image of each other.