Kovalchuk looks for revenge against Bruins

Rock

On a tear, Devils' Ilya Kovalchuk looks for revenge against Bruins

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2012/01/on_a_tear_devils_ilya_kovalchu.html

"We remember the last time what happened. We have to be ready from the start," Kovalchuk said. "When you play against the best teams in the league it's a great test for you and you can set the tone for the playoffs. We have to be ready for the game and we're all excited."

“When I scored that goal from my own end, that was the bottom for me,” Kovalchuk recalled. “Sometimes you just have to take a deep breath and start from nothing. It can’t get worse than that. I knew the fans were waiting for me to produce. I wanted to do it for the team as well.

“You can’t write it any worse, but it’s nice when the team, the coaching staff and management supports you. I talked to Lou (Lamoriello), Pete and the guys after that game and they were right behind me. That was nice.”

I'm sure the Bruins do not have this game penciled in as angrily as the Devs do... Kovy sounds embarrassed, and an inspired Kovy will either be very good or bad for us (dumb plays, trying to hard).

Hoping it's good and he nets a few more goals :)

I hope so.

Maybe we're catching the Bruins at the right time here. They lost to Tampa last night, and they're only 6-4-0 in their last 10...

“I’ve said from day one, when you ask this guy to play the type of minutes he plays, to handle the puck as much as he does and to create as much as we need him to create, you have to live with some mistakes. You know that going in. One thing with Kovy, the mistakes have never been from lack of effort or selfishness. As long as they’re honest mistakes, you live with them because of what you ask him to do.”

This pretty much needs to be read, re-read, and read again (for good measure) by some members of this board.

Edited by Devilsfan118
  • Like 1

I hope so.

Maybe we're catching the Bruins at the right time here. They lost to Tampa last night, and they're only 6-4-0 in their last 10...

Boston has been playing a bit bipolar as of late, losing to teams with bad records and vice versa. Marchand's suspension may have played some role in that, but he will be back on Thursday. Hopefully no shenanigans from him. Haha

Or he comes back and goes nuts, and we end up with 20 minutes of power play time...

heh

Something's gotta go our way here. It's like playing a friggin' all star team, for crying out loud.

I've been watching these guys all seasons (mostly partial games, but still), and they're just scary.