GDT: Boston Bruins @ New Jersey Devils

NJCroMag

maybe you should just not watch the games anymore then.

Oh. I'll keep watching and hoping to see this team progress. Just predictable right now. Nbd. I said I'd be happy with them getting 5 out of 8 points against they're up coming schedule. This game should have been a 2 pointer and ended up becoming a goose egg. What can you do I guess.

Typical Devils loss. Control 40 minutes of play, get up a goal or two, and then try to sit on it and do nothing in the 3rd. It amazes me how they don't learn from this - after so many failures, you'd think it would sink into their heads that the best way to protect a lead is to keep attacking.

Anyways, at least this was a much more respectable loss than the last one. We actually deserved to win this time.

Oh. I'll keep watching and hoping to see this team progress. Just predictable right now. Nbd. I said I'd be happy with them getting 5 out of 8 points against they're up coming schedule. This game should have been a 2 pointer and ended up becoming a goose egg. What can you do I guess.

Of course it was "predictable". Thats silly.

They are the SC Champions - basically the same team with more Seguin.

They've steamrolled through half the league and have come back in the 3rd a number of times.

The have a 7ft tall #1 D and 2 goalies that can shut the door.

Their record speaks for itself - everyone is predicting them to repeat.

The only "unpredictable" thing WOULD have been if NJ one. This was a long shot - and they basically had to play mistake-free hockey.

Chara basically just imposes his will on any player in his way while the league looks the other way.

We lack the depth at D to run head-to-head with them for anything more than a period an a half.

Ant line in Vegas would have told you what was "predictable".

I'm sorry but that second goal was horsesh!t. I'm sick of seeing marty's lazy ass back there. Who cares if you can beat the atlanta thrashers twice in a row.

Actually can't blame Marty this game. He has been playing awesome. You can't really blame anyone for the loss. It was a team loss. They didn't capitalize and Boston did. Championship teams win games like this and the Devils just aren't there yet. They're missing something. I don't know what it is, but if they had it they'd win this game. Very predictable team right now.

Of course it was "predictable". Thats silly.

They are the SC Champions - basically the same team with more Seguin.

They've steamrolled through half the league and have come back in the 3rd a number of times.

The have a 7ft tall #1 D and 2 goalies that can shut the door.

Their record speaks for itself - everyone is predicting them to repeat.

The only "unpredictable" thing WOULD have been if NJ one. This was a long shot - and they basically had to play mistake-free hockey.

Chara basically just imposes his will on any player in his way while the league looks the other way.

We lack the depth at D to run head-to-head with them for anything more than a period an a half.

Ant line in Vegas would have told you what was "predictable".

Not true. Their record is actually pretty lame when trailing going into the 3rd. I think we all knew the Devils were in trouble going into the 3rd period only up 1-0 though. Just didn't capitalize. End of story.

Edited by ScoreMoreThan3

Great. 6-8 weeks on Tallinder, not 4-6 as originally reported. That's basically the rest of the regular season.

During the devils championship years 95-03, they actually stayed exceptionally healthy. I think a lot of those years they had the lowest amount of man games lost due to injury with the exception of one year towards the end. This sort of thing has been coming for a while and it sucks ass.

Regardless of the score and the loss, the team showed real promise tonight. They worked their asses off and played some damn good hockey. I hope they have a little snarl in their step on Saturday.

Totally agree.. 2 unbelievably solid periods playing this team exactly the way they needed to.. It was sad to see it turn but if anyone expected a win they were nuts

If all this team does is learn from the game and come out stronger because of it, that will be huge going forward

Another tough, aggressive team in Philly Saturday but I'm feeling much better about that one..

We know we can beat them but it's another one where the margin for error is slim.. Against them, you could be up 4 goals after the first and still lose.. If you get complacent, you fall right into their trap

Edited by Colin226

Not true. Their record is actually pretty lame when trailing going into the 3rd. I think we all knew the Devils were in trouble going into the 3rd period only up 1-0 though. Just didn't capitalize. End of story.

Regardless, your posts read like you are expecting the 00 Cup Team.

This tema is what it is, a "B" team, same as its been for 5 years or so.

Good enough to make the playoffs but not good enough to hang tough with the big boys.

If there was ever a time to target a defensman now it is.

Did anybody miss Tedenby tonight?

yeah im sick of the "we dominated most of the game" line, still its the bruins,

atleast its not tally's fault, or zajac's...

i want someone to take this loss on their shoulders but it is the bruins

Eh I mean it does suck that we lost but really it is hard to really rag on someone it find a scapegoat when it was the whole team that let down.

I am also glad no one has raged on Kovy for the empty netter. I am not a fanboys of his nor a hater but I was kinda expecting someone here to Bitch him out on it.

And it proves that it seems to be something mental going down as they then have a letdown at some point. I would like to see moose start the one other time we play these guys this season just as a change of pace.

I didn't have a problem at all with Brodeur tonight.

I just hope Moose starts against the Rags. Thats it. The Devils never play the Rags back to back, Moose needs to start at least 4 out of the next 5 vs. that team.