Thomas

peteyvegas

Boy!! Does that guy own us or what??? I couldn't imagine that we could run all over the Bruins like we did and look what happened? Marty played a fantastic game (although he too started flopping all over the place when they went into panic mode). The difference was Thomas stopping everything. I will give credit to boston for guarding the Devils and allowing only the one shooter during a play (we lost track of ours during panic mode). This guy has gotten into our psyche and it's almost like they know they cant beat him. Even Kovy was squeezing the stick and refused to pull the trigger. He's one hell of a goalie!! He probably will tell you he should've gotten Sykoras goal too. He was in the right position. He just missed. But nothing after that. These are the guys we have to be able to beat. Learning to win again is not going to be easy. But I believe!!

Boy!! Does that guy own us or what??? I couldn't imagine that we could run all over the Bruins like we did and look what happened? Marty played a fantastic game (although he too started flopping all over the place when they went into panic mode). The difference was Thomas stopping everything. I will give credit to boston for guarding the Devils and allowing only the one shooter during a play (we lost track of ours during panic mode). This guy has gotten into our psyche and it's almost like they know they cant beat him. Even Kovy was squeezing the stick and refused to pull the trigger. He's one hell of a goalie!! He probably will tell you he should've gotten Sykoras goal too. He was in the right position. He just missed. But nothing after that. These are the guys we have to be able to beat. Learning to win again is not going to be easy. But I believe!!

Yea him and Lunquivst. Just lovely, great, grand, perfect. Embarrassing. :urg:

We used to have one of those.

He's good. He's just old. Can't play with the new agers.

There is no jinx. They are just really good goalies.

That's debatable, to an extent. Thomas, sure, he's just a very skilled goalie.

But the Queen? His numbers against the Devils are just silly. He's just too comfortable against the Devils, both at MSG and The Rock.

"He's good. He's just old. Can't play with the new agers."

Yeah he cant keep up with those young 37 years olds like Thomas lol.

To be fair, Marty was 45-25-6 with a 2.24 GAA and a .916 save pct when he was 37.

Thomas, Marty and Hedberg (and maybe a couple of others I can't think of) are the last of a dying breed, in that they goaltend with a style that relies more on reflexes than 'being big'. As we see with Marty, it can be messy towards the end as the reflexes start to go.

• Like 1

In all honesty, Brodeur is atleast declining in the normal way, although its been fairly quick. Tim Thomas will have a good season followed by an average season and then back to vezina caliber season. Kind of similar to Osgood when he was winding down, thats even more rare.

In all honesty, Brodeur is atleast declining in the normal way, although its been fairly quick. Tim Thomas will have a good season followed by an average season and then back to vezina caliber season. Kind of similar to Osgood when he was winding down, thats even more rare.

Yeah, Thomas was a REALLY late bloomer, too. He didn't break into the NHL until he was 29, and wasn't a regular until he was 32. Really shows that these guys can come from anywhere.

Yeah, Thomas was a REALLY late bloomer, too. He didn't break into the NHL until he was 29, and wasn't a regular until he was 32. Really shows that these guys can come from anywhere.

I'm pretty sure a few years back there was a lot of criticism about Thomas not being a good goalie. I believe it was something about his style. I'm pretty sure I heard some of it during that Rags/Bruins game when Avery was skating by during warm ups and hit him in the back of the head with his stick.

Sean Avery? No, that doesnt sound like something he would do... but yeah I think I remember something about that too, it was about his weird flopping style. I do like the way he gets visually upset with himself over every goal, no matter the score, you can tell he has that never wanting to let up mentality

But he also has the supporting cast around him in front of the net. Last night was a good example. Every Bruin took a Devil during a scramble. They scored because their players surrounded Marty with no on on them. Even a defenseman scored!!

If Brodeur was on the Bruins, he'd be going for the Vezina too. The importance of the goalie myth is starting to annoy me. A goalie can steal a game, but for the best teams he need not be better than average. A goalie has to be on the right team at the right time and that's Thomas.

There's a pretty huge difference between 37 and 40. The "rotfl" stuff is just ignorant.

One of the best, sure (as in, top 10). The best? I don't know about that.

Hell, Rask gives him a good run for his money.