Ponikarovsky to NJ

Triumph

Parise-Henrique-Kovalchuk

Sykora-Elias-Zubrus

Alexei-Josefson-Clarkson

Zalewski-Mills-Carter

Someone is definitely getting sent down between Boulton/Janssen and Tedenby or Devils might go out and actually get a legit RWer in a trade involving Zalewski/Tedenby and hopefully Janssen (as good measure). A fourth line of Zalewski/Tedenby-Carter(future Zajac)-Clarkson would be pretty good. Assuming Zajac cant really do much ice time this year, we could afford to limit him to fourth line duty.

https://twitter.com/#!/TGfireandice

Lou says he'll try to get him here for tomorrow.

worried about snow.

Up to DeBoer whether he plays.

Trying to get 3rd and 4th lines straightened out, this is one step towards that.

z man is #10

not related but mills wears #11 cause of the double L, just like these two guys from what ive seen

Ah yeah. Duh why is he not on the Devils roster.......

Well if the roster stays the way it is with the addition to Ponik, Lou is going to have to start going outside of his comfort zone as far as jersey numbers go.

Edited by Quinn01

Parise-Henrique-Kovalchuk

Sykora-Elias-Zubrus

Alexei-Josefson-Clarkson

Zalewski-Mills-Carter

Someone is definitely getting sent down between Boulton/Janssen and Tedenby or Devils might go out and actually get a legit RWer in a trade involving Zalewski/Tedenby and hopefully Janssen (as good measure). A fourth line of Zalewski/Tedenby-Carter(future Zajac)-Clarkson would be pretty good. Assuming Zajac cant really do much ice time this year, we could afford to limit him to fourth line duty.

I get the feeling that both the third and fourth lines are going to be shaken up because of this.

Alexei and Clarkson are and should definitely be together, but... Josefson? Not so much. Carter or Mills? Maybe.

Lamoriello: No plans to trade for a defenseman. Greene is coming back.

Courtesy of TG.

Ah yeah. Duh why is he not on the Devils roster.......

Well if the roster stays the way it is with the addition to Ponik, Lou is going to have to start going outside of his comfort zone as far as jersey numbers go.

Maybe he'll be Teddy's #21? Is that his number.. ?

TGfireandice Tom Gulitti https://twitter.com/#!/TGfireandice

Lamoriello said he has no plans to trade for a defenseman because of Tallinder injury. He expects Greene back after all-star break.

I get the feeling that both the third and fourth lines are going to be shaken up because of this.

Alexei and Clarkson are and should definitely be together, but... Josefson? Not so much. Carter or Mills? Maybe.

Lamoriello: No plans to trade for a defenseman. Greene is coming back.

Courtesy of TG.

Carter is barely an NHL player and Mills is not one - neither of them belongs anywhere above a 4th line. The Devils only used Carter out of desperation.

Josefson is a great fit with Poni and Clarkson. Like I said at the top, I was thinking about Jason Blake for that spot, but I like Ponikarovsky better - he's cheaper, younger, and probably better.

Edited by Triumph

Hmm looks like Lou liked what he saw out of Boston in our nice 0-3 run with them.

Although, I've heard Lou say stuff like this before and then come out with "Pelley is already in the system and fills in all the gaps we have".

All players must have a value so they can be traded. Lou is great at marketing players and upping their value for trades, but when it comes to marketing the Devils organization, we all know its a different story altogether.

Alright. He's playing tomorrow.

Lamoriello cont: "But I'm sure Pete (DeBoer) in my conversation with him, he'll be in lineup."

Devils coach Pete DeBoer talked today about getting no production from his bottom two lines. Trade happens about 9 hours later. DeBoer sounded envious when talking about how good the Bruins' 4th line is. He said it was the best in the NHL.

Edited by ScoreMoreThan3

Maybe he'll be Teddy's #21? Is that his number.. ?

Eh, I would guess that he will be getting a number up in the lower 30s (34 most likely) I dont see him getting Teds number. If someone goes down, knock on wood, Ted is the first one that is going to be called up most likely.

Well, we'll see Triumph. We'll see.

:)

Alright. He's playing tomorrow.

Lamoriello cont: "But I'm sure Pete (DeBoer) in my conversation with him, he'll be in lineup."

Devils coach Pete DeBoer talked today about getting no production from his bottom two lines. Trade happens about 9 hours later. DeBoer sounded envious when talking about how good the Bruins' 4th line is. He said it was the best in the NHL.

Interesting stuff here.

All players must have a value so they can be traded. Lou is great at marketing players and upping their value for trades, but when it comes to marketing the Devils organization, we all know its a different story altogether.

Oh come on the team is miles ahead of where it was 2 years ago in terms of marketing itself

We should set up a pool on the number that he'll be given.

lol