Ponikarovsky to NJ

Triumph

I've always liked Poni when he was a Leafs; saw him jump around the clubs hoping we would always pick him up (same with Rob Scuderi).

It sucks that his numbers have declined, hopefully the change of scenery and surrounding players help pick him back up.

Oh come on the team is miles ahead of where it was 2 years ago in terms of marketing itself

I completely agree with you here. I may be wrong, but I think that's exactly around the time Vanderbeek handed the marketing affairs to a new VP and relieved LL of marketing responsibilities.

My ability to remember player numbers is fading as I grow older and older. I totally forgot Sykora had 15. Half a season and it's still weird to me, him not wearing 17.

fvck it, just send Tedenby down and make Poni 21. Makes sh!t easier on my brain. I won't even confuse the two the way I confuse Foster and Fraser, it's physically impossible to look at Ponikarovsky and think "oh hey, that's Mattias Tedenby."

• Like 1

1 - Hedberg

2 - Foster

3 - Dano

4 - Stevens

5 - Larsson

5 - Greene

7 - Tallinder

8 - Zubs

9 - Parise

10 - Zalewski (possibility)

11 - Mills

12 - Napalm (possibility)

13 - ?? (unlikely but possible)

14 - Henrique

15 - Sykora

16 - Jajo

17 - Kovy

18 - Zharkov/Sestito (possibility)

19 - Zajac

20 - Carter

21 - Teddy

22 - Boulton

23 - Clarkson

24 - Sal

25 - Janssen

26 - Elias

27 - Neids

28 - Volch

29 - Fayne

30 - Marty

31 - ?? (possibility)

32 - Taromina

33 - Urbom

The rest are vacant I think.

Edited by Jerzey Devil

1 - Hedberg

2 - Foster

3 - Dano

4 - Stevens

5 - Larsson

5 - Greene

7 - Tallinder

8 - Zubs

9 - Parise

10 - Zalewski

11 - Mills

12 - Napalm

13 - ??

14 - Henrique

15 - Sykora

16 - Jajo

17 - Kovy

18 - Zharkov

19 - Zajac

20 - Carter

21 - Teddy

22 - Boulton

23 - Clarkson

24 - Sal

25 - Janssen

26 - Elias

27 - Neids

28 - Volch

29 - Fayne

30 - Marty

31 - ??

32 - Taromina

33 - Urbom

The rest are vacant I think.

Thanks. I'm going to print this out for tomorrow. Should last a day or two :giggle:

Nice work there, compiling that list!

:)

like this move....didnt give up anything most likely considering our depth in d prospects and a 4th which almost def won't turn out to be a player in the nhl

for a guy who i think if you put with the right guys with his size could add some needed depth...really like this actually but i always get over excited LGD!

My ability to remember player numbers is fading as I grow older and older. I totally forgot Sykora had 15. Half a season and it's still weird to me, him not wearing 17.

fvck it, just send Tedenby down and make Poni 21. Makes sh!t easier on my brain. I won't even confuse the two the way I confuse Foster and Fraser, it's physically impossible to look at Ponikarovsky and think "oh hey, that's Mattias Tedenby."

Wait...if Sykora has 15, then who has 17?

I'm a fan of this trade. Ponikarovsky is a solid 3rd line player as evident by his basic and advanced metrics and his addition instantly makes the 3rd line credible. Nice to see that Lou didn't have to give up much. A 4th rounder isn't that valuable and the Devils still have one from Toronto and Sova was having a fine season in the ECHL but wasn't able to consistently crack the Albany line up and was way down on the depth chart. I also like the fact that Ponikarovsky is a rental with a low contract so there is no risk with doing the deal.

I'd like to think this is a precursor to a bigger move for D depth pushing Teddy out

Poni was horrible here in LA.

6'4 but sift as charmin, reminds me of Steckle - doen't use his size.

Also rumored to have attitude issues - but Lou doesn't usually bring in guys like that.

More apathetic then anything.

We'll see - good depth move for now.

Has the most on hits on the Hurricane roster and 74 blocked shots.