GDT: Buffalo Sabres @ New Jersey Devils

Aznjsn

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just gonna laugh this one off.. We completely outshot them, had a ton of great chances, their only goal was a pure fluke, and we lost in a shootout.. Sucks having to wait a week after this one, but come on, just very unlucky..

Besides, this team used to dominate most of the season and choke towards the end of the season.. Every team has lows, so let's get it out of the way now

Just gonna laugh this one off.. We completely outshot them, had a ton of great chances, their only goal was a pure fluke, and we lost in a shootout.. Sucks having to wait a week after this one, but come on, just very unlucky..

Besides, this team used to dominate most of the season and choke towards the end of the season.. Every team has lows, so let's get it out of the way now

Exactly!!!! I dont get the whole PANIC THE WORLD IS OVER! attitude. Again, its part of being a die hard sports team fan....they arent going to win the cup EVERY season. Ride the wave because it wont be like this until your dying day. :headless chicken:

That game was about as much fun as watching a urinal cake dissolve!

The Devils used to be okay in one goal games, when they used to have a solid team defense-first and heart. Instead I see "coasters" out there who don't hustle back. Kovalchuk (whom I do enjoy knocking down a peg or ten) isn't the only one, but you do notice his turn-overs. I counted six alone in the first and second periods.

The team needs to score in general though. No one clown is at fault, but they looked disinterested.

I think Brodeur and Parise have already decided their fate for next season. They are riding whatever the Devils have this year and either jumping ship to another team that will pay or they are done. I'm sure you can figure who is going to do what. I would LOVE to see Brodeur in Montreal for one season to rekindle that passion of playing in his hometown and what happens. Would he be loved, booed, or both when the going got tough. Maybe the Devils could snag a back-up goalie out of it because I don't see his value as much more than that anymore. How fast they fall.

Edited by Chorske17

lol chorske, the devils gave up 14 shots and completely dominated the 2nd and 3rd periods. yeah, horrible defense.

colin's right on, these games happen, it's trouble if they happen often, but so far that hasn't been the case this year.

If by 'dominating' you mean taking it to them in scoring chances, I agree. I also think "dominating" would mean scoring. Three games, three goals. These guys make some big bucks, and I would like to see some scoring whether it as the Rock or in my very relaxing living room where I don't have to worry about "little johnny" spilling his nachos all over me. That my friend is a good story worth telling sometime in full detail! The best part of the story is I got this little bit of nacho cheese on my jacket arm, but in dodging the nacho tray, it got knocked over my head and landed right on top of this girl and guy in a Crosby jersey and Messier Jersey respectively. At that I laughed.

This club is total crap right now and it starts with the GM. I don't care what the excuses are or the spinjobs, they are crap, and it needs to be cleaned up. Now.

Before the last 3 games, the Devils had gone what, 6-1-1? 6-2-1? These things run in streaks.

There's no cleaning up to be done. The Devils aren't overhauling the team at the deadline. This is the team they're going with.

Before the last 3 games, the Devils had gone what, 6-1-1? 6-2-1? These things run in streaks.

There's no cleaning up to be done. The Devils aren't overhauling the team at the deadline. This is the team they're going with.

And who have they beaten? Sorry but when you continue to suck on your home ice, when you continue to score a goal a game despite the talent and when your "no. 1 goalie" continues to get outplayed something needs to be done.

Edited by Marv4Life

this GDT is hilarious ty

im going with this cause you have had some smart posts

still alot of chances and no goals is not funny

And who have they beaten? Sorry but when you continue to suck on your home ice, when you continue to score a goal a game despite the talent and when you "no. 1 goalie" continues to get outplayed something needs to be done.

Some of you really have to get off the premise that this is the same Devils team of five, ten years ago just because they're wearing the same uniform. There's nothing to be done...this is what this team is - streaky and needing max effort just to have a chance to win. They'd be .500 if it wasn't for the shootout, they were due for a shootout loss and the Sabres were way overdue for a road win.

The only thing that annoyed me was coming out flat in the first period. They got a bad break but they deserved that bad break. They can't come out flat against anyone but the true dregs of the league and hope to win.

Edited by NJDevs4978

If it doesn't you won't be hearing from me for awhile. I refuse to post on here anymore after a loss..and I'm already planning on doing something else for the Rangers game. I'm not setting myself up for disaster.

I'm sure everyone is stoked about my decision.

Wow. 3 loses in a row. Buffalo gets their first win away from home since December 2nd. We've scored 3 goals in 3 games. We play the Rangers next. Everything is well in Devils land. Good night everyone. This is pathetic.

timestamp='1327461968' post='1085616']

How many more games like this until people start realizing they're not making the playoffs...Its cool I bet they come back and play a lot better..they're just tired. Yea. That's it. Keep the faith.

:yea:

Edited by DevilinLA