Trade Rumors and minor team trades.

SS-SS

I'm pretty sure it was legit. I mean I was surprised because the Kings got something for nothing and I just rushed to put it on the thread. I'm looking now though and it's not on the scroll. Idgi?

They were going on saying that Carter wasn't happy in Coloumbus...so they were using past tense as if he wasn't in Columbus anymore.

Not to mention Carter wanting to reunite with Gagne and his ol' drinking buddy in Mike Richards makes a lot of sense. This personally would crush me if this rumor has any truth. I'd love to see Bernier have a Devils sweater on. From what I have seen of him during the games he has played I have the feeling that he is going to a first-class number one net minder one day.

Not to mention Carter wanting to reunite with Gagne and his ol' drinking buddy in Mike Richards makes a lot of sense. This personally would crush me if this rumor has any truth. I'd love to see Bernier have a Devils sweater on. From what I have seen of him during the games he has played I have the feeling that he is going to a first-class number one net minder one day.

Ya crap well what the hell...why does NHL Network do that sh!t? They just say whatever they want? People have been sued for less!

http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/article/1124221--reality-check-rick-nash-in-maple-leafs-trade-rumour-of-the-day

Potential six player deal that would send Rick Nash to the Maple Leafs.

The potential deal would consist of:

Toronto getting: Rick Nash & Kristian Huselius.

Blue Jackets would be getting: forwards Mikhail Grabovski and Nazem Kadri, along with defencemen Luke Schenn and Mike Komisarek

http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/article/1124221--reality-check-rick-nash-in-maple-leafs-trade-rumour-of-the-day

Blue Jackets would be getting: forwards Mikhail Grabovski and Nazem Kadri, along with defencemen Luke Schenn and Mike Komisarek

Wow! Why doesn't TOR just trade their whole roster?

If that goes through I'm curious to see how that effects this other deal involving the Blue Jackets.

If BOTH deals go through the goalie tandem of Mason/Bernier makes for an interesting experiment. Losing Nash and Carter would sting a bit but gaining Stoll,Grabo,Schenn,Komisarek and Kadri should ease the pain and give them loads of depth.

I highly doubt that Toronto would blow up their roster with a trade like this. Schenn is still really young, as is Kadri and Nash has been pretty loyal to Columbus and their only true star player throughout their entire existence, so I don't see how they decide to trade him. From what I've seen and heard, Toronto believes that their defense is pretty good as it is and they are one of the higher scoring d-corps in the league, so I don't believe that they would trade 2 of the defensemen when I'm not sure if they have 2 guys that they could call up who'd be NHL ready at this point.

Does anyone have ESPN insider? Today on rumor central there's a thread about the possibility that Minnesota could land Zach.. Just curious what they say

It actually doesn't say anything. Just that Minnesota likely WON'T be trading for him, but that he might sign there in free agency.

Or crap other papers/news agencies say.

Just go to TSN and click their rumor mill. Same crap, no fees. And if you're really desperate for rumors, go to the four period. Before they tried to become GQ of the NHL, they did a good job rounding up rumors

I still have not forgiven TFP for misreporting Holik as signed to the Devs back in '02. Decade ban is too weak; perma-ban in full effect :)

The Devils only real issue on offense is the lack of right handed RWs, as we really only have Clarkson who fills that position, with Kovy not being a true RW and Bernier only having played a couple games with us.

I was thinking about possible deadline trades we might make or people we could sign this offseason to fill that slot for us and while watching an Islander game the other day they brought up P.A. Parenteau's stats and I think he might be a possibility for us, even if only as someone we sign this offseason. He's got 11 goals and 36 assists this year in 51 games, so that's a significant improvement over his 20 goals and 33 assists he had all of last season.

He's only got a $1.25 million cap hit this year and while he is most likely going to want more than that in his next contract, he'll still likely be affordable. He's also not played with Tavares for significant portions of the season, so his numbers are real and not just a result of playing with good linemates.

Do any of you guys think he might be a good fit in NJ that we might trade for or sign this offseason since he's only got a one year deal with the Isles?

The Devils only real issue on offense is the lack of right handed RWs, as we really only have Clarkson who fills that position, with Kovy not being a true RW and Bernier only having played a couple games with us.

I was thinking about possible deadline trades we might make or people we could sign this offseason to fill that slot for us and while watching an Islander game the other day they brought up P.A. Parenteau's stats and I think he might be a possibility for us, even if only as someone we sign this offseason. He's got 11 goals and 36 assists this year in 51 games, so that's a significant improvement over his 20 goals and 33 assists he had all of last season.

He's only got a $1.25 million cap hit this year and while he is most likely going to want more than that in his next contract, he'll still likely be affordable. He's also not played with Tavares for significant portions of the season, so his numbers are real and not just a result of playing with good linemates.

Do any of you guys think he might be a good fit in NJ that we might trade for or sign this offseason since he's only got a one year deal with the Isles?

P.A. Parenteau's nice. I'd like to see him, but the only thing we really need is a D Man. I'd like to see us get another goalie and rotate three going into the playoffs.

Parenteau is sure to get at least a 3 year deal from someone coming off this year, and that's not something I'd be comfortable giving him. He seems like an all right player, but I wouldn't be shocked if this were his peak season.

Well it depends on what your looking for. If your only looking for a rental into the playoffs then we don't really care about signing him especially if we can pull a good deal where we are not giving up too much.

I highly doubt that Toronto would blow up their roster with a trade like this. Schenn is still really young, as is Kadri and Nash has been pretty loyal to Columbus and their only true star player throughout their entire existence, so I don't see how they decide to trade him. From what I've seen and heard, Toronto believes that their defense is pretty good as it is and they are one of the higher scoring d-corps in the league, so I don't believe that they would trade 2 of the defensemen when I'm not sure if they have 2 guys that they could call up who'd be NHL ready at this point.

Columbus has to do something. Nash has been there his entire career and has barely sniffed success team wise and rumors are that hes sick of it. Hes only 27. I can see Toronto doing that deal for a player as good as Nash. Komisarek is not a good fit there and his salary is an albatross. Schenn could hurt in the long run, but Gunnarson, Phaneuf, Gardiner, and Liles is still good quality for a top 4, Franson is also getting good minutes as a 3rd pairing guy and hes only 24. They'd have to go and get another D-man or call Aulie back up, but the top 4 +1 is pretty solid minus Schenn. Toronto wants it now. They need to have a good showing in the playoffs. Nash is such a huge get, and losing Schenn and Kadri is worth that. There are only a few forwards worth that kind of package and Nash is one of them. Kessel and Nash will be their Kovy and Zach.

I really like this Toronto team. I typically have hated the franchise, mostly cause their fans are a bag of dicks, but this team is fun to watch and I have the utmost respect for Burke and Wilson, not to mention Kessel. Putting Nash on that team for that package potentially puts them in the drivers seat in the NE IMO. They're not passing Boston as is.

Im getting old, I just stuck up for the damn Leafs.

Edited by ghdi