Trade Rumors and minor team trades.

SS-SS

This is the year colombus can do something... Deep draft... And they could pick the first overall

They could pull a move ala Flyers and trade carter and nash... Getting at least a first round pick for each player + good prospect or even a proven player... They could also add bassard or vermette to sweeten a deal

So wiith johanson, possibly yakupov and 2 other first round picks from this year plus other prospects/players... They could start to get things going i think

McKenzie's just fishing. Earlier tonight on NHL Network he mentioned several other teams in the mix for Ruutu.

McKenzie? That wasn't him. That was Incarcerated Bob, not the guy on TSN.

This is the year colombus can do something... Deep draft... And they could pick the first overall

Deep draft? Everything I've heard about it says that it's not very deep. The top prospects are very good but after 10 or so it's a crapshoot, more now so than ever. Again, this is what I heard, I don't do a lot of amateur scouting. :giggle:

Mills returned to Albany (per TG). That puts the active non IR roster at 22, right? Might this mean the return of Zajac? Or for you conspiracy theorists, an additional roster spot for a player acquisition?

Last I heard Zajac wasn't even skating so he seems like a bit of a long shot

Єklund (2.3% accurate) rumor has a swap of Parise for rick nash

This is maybe the dumbest of the dumbest from Єklund (2.3% accurate). First off, the trade makes absolutely no sense for Columbus even if they want to trade Nash. Think about it, we give up our best player who we can get a number one prospect and multiple draft picks, but instead we're trading him for a guy who will be walking in two months, and we're in last place so we don't need a rental for a playoff run.

And that's just one end of the stupidity. The Devils main concern with Parise is whether they can afford to resign him. So they're going to go around and trade for someone who will be making between $7 and $8 million for the next six years.

If the worst happens and freedom of speech is destroyed in Canada and the US, the one upside is that Єklund (2.3% accurate) would face criminal prosecution.

It would probably have to be Parise + a young NHL ready player + a few conditionals (if he doesn't sign with the Jackets).

Edit: yea scratch that thought. No chance Parise would sign with the Jackets the more I think of this the more retarded it sounds.

Edited by Elias26

Blue Jackets? Who they hell would we want from there?

Their first round pick and Jeff Carter? Seriously, there is nothing about the Blue Jackets that I would give up Parise for.

I would however wouldn't mind us getting Mason on the cheap. I'd be interesting to see if the "change of scenery" talk would actually work but I don't think CBJ have the trade pieces...

Not to mention I think Mason on the team would make a lot of sense. Although I believe he is a backup posing as a starter he would be a good plug while the Devils wait on Wedgewood to grow to an NHL ready player.

Edited by TheMazz

Blue Jackets? Who they hell would we want from there?

Their first round pick and Jeff Carter? Seriously, there is nothing about the Blue Jackets that I would give up Parise for.

I would however wouldn't mind us getting Mason on the cheap. I'd be interesting to see if the "change of scenery" talk would actually work but I don't think CBJ have the trade pieces...

Not to mention I think Mason on the team would make a lot of sense. Although I believe he is a backup posing as a starter he would be a good plug while the Devils wait on Wedgewood to grow to an NHL ready player.

You wouldn't want Nash from Columbus? He is like Parise, but bigger, stronger, and has a little more finish to his scoring.

He can be a beast if he can get off of that team.

You wouldn't want Nash from Columbus? He is like Parise, but bigger, stronger, and has a little more finish to his scoring.

He can be a beast if he can get off of that team.

Depends. Would we have to sign him ourselves (in that case the Devils should just keep and worry about Parise) or would the Jackets do a sign and trade so we don't have to worry about a contract. IF we trade Parise I rather not worry about the contract for the return we are (supposedly) getting.

Edited by TheMazz